Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Broncos could dump John Fox if they lose to Colts

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeFanatic View Post
    I wouldn't take Manning back if he signed for free.
    Mike Golic on Mike and Mike in the Morning suggested that Denver can't force him out. That's bull. It's Elway's team, not Manning's. If John thinks that moving on from Peyton is best, then that's what will happen.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TimHippo View Post
    It's a little too late I think. They should have gotten rid of him a long time ago. Wasted Payton's best remaining years.
    Ayup. Same with the line's failure to protect a geriatric immobile QB with a surgically repaired neck, or open holes for our RBs so that QB doesn't have to do it alone like his whole career.

Yet it'll all be his fault Irsay wouldn't draft a D at gunpoint and Fox couldn't find his rear end with both hands a map. Truly, and doesn't speak well of Elway for taking so long to see what was obvious to so many others (seriously, how'd he go from three SB blowouts in your mid-twenties to a repeat championship when pushing 40? It's called "a great offensive line.")

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    For sure!

In all seriousness, though, Dan Quinn would be an option. I don't see the huge enamorment with Kubiak. He was wholly mediocre in Houston. I don't see him as some huge upgrade over Fox. Too bad Rex already got snatched up.
    How was Kubiak mediocre in Houston? He took a cellar dwelling expansion team with a decent D but NO offense to its first winning season and playoff win, then followed up with a division title and another playoff win. And he did it by building an offense that was a carbon copy of our SB winners, except that Schaub was a huge step down from Elway, eventually getting Kubiak fired along with him. But the rest: Dominant ZBS line that protects a QB with too much Fainting Goat to use it and opens huge holes that turn UDFAs into NFL rushing champs; sound familiar?

Kubiaks sole problem is the one he inherited from his mentor: He's a master of beating defenses, but has NO clue how to run them. Yet in an era when most HCs get their job being great on just a single side of the ball despite being mediocre or worse on the other, Kubes can hire an equally elite DC to handle that half of the team for him; worked fine with Wade Phillips, and if they'd had ANYTHING AT ALL at QB in 2012, they probably go all the way.

I promise none of Kubiaks lines have ever frustrated me like ours, even when our ZBS got no line surge and had to run left every time because Carlisle and Foster sucked. But then, HE didn't release Chris Myers: He picked him up when we released him, then turned him into a top NFL center. Dennison may've been a huge part of that, but he's followed Kubes everywhere so far, so it'd be two-for-one deal that gave us the excellent HC AND OC who created an elite offense from nothing despite having to work around two straight awful QBs.

As others have noted, if anyone can develop a rusty rangy scrambling QB like Oz, it's Kubes, who sorely could've used one in Houston and spent his playing career backing up the best one ever before turning Plummer into a briefly decent one despite having to fight him every step of the way.
    the o line issues were thought to be fixed Joel. If you can't see the improvement in Franklin by the end of the year then it can only be because you're married to that theme. The issue is RT. And when everyone they put in there sucked the moved Vasquez which was a horrid idea, but they had to try something. I hated the move because now you had three players at new positions. But all these issues can be fixed with one move: draft or sign a very good RT

3. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    Gase for HC. If not, bring kubiak back!
    What the hell did Gase do to earn a HC nod? Gase is in no way ready to be a HC, he wasn't ready to be an OC.

5. The Following 6 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by 7DnBrnc53 View Post

Mike Golic on Mike and Mike in the Morning suggested that Denver can't force him out. That's bull. It's Elway's team, not Manning's. If John thinks that moving on from Peyton is best, then that's what will happen.
    Depends on guarantees.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    What the hell did Gase do to earn a HC nod? Gase is in no way ready to be a HC, he wasn't ready to be an OC.
    Well, that depends on whom you believe to be the coordinator. Some posters here like to have it that Manning is the OC when things go well and Gase/McCoy when they didn't. I am not that guy. I read somewhere Peyton's comments regarding changing the play to some deep pass plays (Denver Post article I believe). Why should that be on Gase?

Also, I do believe this team set records last year with Gase as the OC of record.

All that aside, the reasons I would like most to keep Gase is: 1. I think he is a very smart offensively and more aggressive than what we have seen under Fox. 2. Maybe most importantly, I want to see this team begin to rebuild/reload. I think if Os is going to have any success, his best chance will be with Gase and not having to learn a new offense going into his first season as a starter.

8. The Following User High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Depends on guarantees.
    My understanding is that most of the salary guarantees have already been paid out, except for that slight restructure earlier the season. Hit to the cap would be
    $5million in dead money and $16.5 million in cap saving per OTC.com

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/denver-broncos/

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    My understanding is that most of the salary guarantees have already been paid out, except for that slight restructure earlier the season. Hit to the cap would be
    $5million in dead money and $16.5 million in cap saving per OTC.com

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/denver-broncos/
    Plus, if he retires, it's a different story.

Gase is being hired tonight by the 49ers. He's their #1 choice.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Gase is being hired tonight by the 49ers. He's their #1 choice.
    I believe you're right, the Broncos will meet with him tonight after he meets with the 49ers, but I don't see San Francisco letting it get to that and will likely jump the gun and hire him before Elway can meet with him. But I don't believe Elway has any real intentions to hire Adam Gase as the Head Coach, but would like to interview him anyways to get the ball rolling or see if he can change John's mind about being the Head Coach.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information