Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: John Harbaugh: Pats' substitutions deceptive, illegal

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Default John Harbaugh: Pats' substitutions deceptive, illegal

I hope we don't have we have to deal with Belicheat's latest attempt to circumvent the spirit of sportsmanship.

"We wanted an opportunity to be able to identify who the eligible players were," Harbaugh explained, "because what they were doing was they would announce the eligible player and Tom (Brady) would take it to the line right away and snap the ball before (we) even figured out who was lined up where. And that was the deception part of it. It was clearly deception.

"The officials told me after that they would give us the opportunity to do that, which they probably should have done during that series but they really didn't understand what was happening. I had to go take the penalty to get their attention so they can understand what was going on."

Here's the full article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...eptive-illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

2. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Oh god....really?

You blow a 14 pt lead twice in the game and you claim there is more cheating? Good grief.... lol

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Cheatriots.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Oh god....really?

You blow a 14 pt lead twice in the game and you claim there is more cheating? Good grief.... lol
    Maybe that cheating is the reason they blew the lead.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Maybe that cheating is the reason they blew the lead.
    Well, except if it was actually cheating the refs would of threw the flags. Plus, the refs arent the ones who threw the INT.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

If they pull this in their next game and the pats win I hope the other team runs a jail break blitz on victory kneels. Greg Schiano style.
    Last edited by CrazyHorse; 01-10-2015 at 11:06 PM.
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Well, except if it was actually cheating the refs would of threw the flags.
    I couldn't disagree more.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

are you guys honestly surprised that Billcheat and CO would try to exploit the rules yet again?

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Oh god....really?

I would agree with you, but the way Brady marched down the field in the 3rd quarter was almost supernatural. No running plays at all and guys wide open. It was... odd to say the least.
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I would agree with you, but the way Brady marched down the field in the 3rd quarter was almost supernatural. No running plays at all and guys wide open. It was... odd to say the least.
    Its really not that surprising, they had done it throughout the year and the Ravens secondary is actually the weakest point of the team. What really happened was for 2 and half quarters BB was being outcoached by Harbaugh. When BB and company made their adjustments they had the Ravens reeling. Today's game was a perfect example of what a coaching chess match is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

If I understand what Harbaugh is alleging correctly, this is big-time angle-shooting, or cheating.

As I understand it, the Pats run out 4 lineman, and 6 other players who would otherwise be eligible receivers. Then, at the last second, one of the six declares themselves ineligible (i.e. A "lineman"), and the Brady would snap the ball quickly.

This means that the Ravens had to prepare to cover all six players until the moment that one declared themselves ineligible, and then Brady would snap it before they had a chance to adjust. That would be a huge, and unfair advantage.

18. The Following 13 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    If I understand what Harbaugh is alleging correctly, this is big-time angle-shooting, or cheating.

As I understand it, the Pats run out 4 lineman, and 6 other players who would otherwise be eligible receivers. Then, at the last second, one of the six declares themselves ineligible (i.e. A "lineman"), and the Brady would snap the ball quickly.

This means that the Ravens had to prepare to cover all six players until the moment that one declared themselves ineligible, and then Brady would snap it before they had a chance to adjust. That would be a huge, and unfair advantage.
    yup

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

P.S., it's very telling that they didn't implement this strategy until the second half when down by 14 points. If it's so kosher, then why not do it at the beginning of the game?

21. The Following 5 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Roby

It won't be a big deal next week because it won't work. That's the beauty of film.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

This is exactly right. Harbaugh wouldn't take a penalty to run out on the field to complain if this was something that was being done all year. It wasn't.

Again, it's not "illegal", it's just another in a long line of rule skirting tricks that bellicheat uses. It's a shame he can't just play the game and instead insists on meta-gaming to gain an advantage. I get it, that's what he gets paid for, but it's also the reason he has the reputation he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Tebowtime2011 View Post
    It won't be a big deal next week because it won't work. That's the beauty of film.
    If they do it unchecked, it will absolutely work. If you don't know who is an eligible receiver until a second or two before the snap, film won't help much. I'm hoping Fox has a conversation with the officiating crew to make sure they are giving his team adequate time to adjust for eligible receivers.

24. The Following 6 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information