Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: John Harbaugh: Pats' substitutions deceptive, illegal

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
    LOL.

Harbaugh was just trying to make excuses for why he had failed to prepare his guys for the situation. NE confused them about which players were eligible in certain formations. And he thinks because he never saw the formations before, it was up to the Patriots to explain to him what they were doing....? LoL

The officials even tried to help his guys out by telling them who wasn't eligible, apparently. What a crybaby.
    And you're supposedly NOT a Patriot fan.... riiiiiight.....

2. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

OB

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

LOL.

Harbaugh was just trying to make excuses for why he had failed to prepare his guys for the situation. NE confused them about which players were eligible in certain formations. And he thinks because he never saw the formations before, it was up to the Patriots to explain to him what they were doing....? LoL

The officials even tried to help his guys out by telling them who wasn't eligible, apparently. What a crybaby.
    The officials didn't tell them that Vereen was ineligible. The rule states that they are supposed to.

4. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    The officials didn't tell them that Vereen was ineligible. The rule states that they are supposed to.
    Vereen reported immediately before the snap, this was by design to ensure the officials didn't have time and the Ravens couldn't adjust. That is why it was disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I read the explanation in the link, & I'm more confused about the rule then before. My conclusion, BB found a technicality in the rule book that he was able to exploit. Ds from here on out are going to have to start paying close attention to jersey #s for now on.
    Not even close. This had nothing whatsoever to do with "technicalities" or tricks. NE's player (Vereen, I think)announced he was ineligible and lined up on the line of scrimmage. It's the Ravens' (Harbaugh's actually, in practice or meetings) problem to then figure out who the eligible receivers are, based on the Rules. It's not Belichick's job to explain it to them. Harbaugh looks like a fool whining about this and trying to scapegoat NE by suggesting some sort of underhandedness.

Just as you admit you're stymied by it, so was Harbaugh, but I guess he's not man enough to admit that he doesn't understand the Rules.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Runamok For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Vereen reported immediately before the snap, this was by design to ensure the officials didn't have time and the Ravens couldn't adjust. That is why it was disingenuous.
    I looked at some of the replays too... you can see guys coming out of the huddle with their arms crossed over their chests... I'm guessing to disguise their numbers.

Again, not illegal, just ******* bullshit ***** meta-gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Not even close. This had nothing whatsoever to do with "technicalities" or tricks. NE's player (Vereen, I think)announced he was ineligible and lined up on the line of scrimmage. It's the Ravens' (Harbaugh's actually, in practice or meetings) problem to then figure out who the eligible receivers are, based on the Rules. It's not Belichick's job to explain it to them. Harbaugh looks like a fool whining about this and trying to scapegoat NE by suggesting some sort of underhandedness.

Just as you admit you're stymied by it, so was Harbaugh, but I guess he's not man enough to admit that he doesn't understand the Rules.
    Wrong again Bojangles. Read the rulebook, like your qb said, it's posted in this thread.

11. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

I'm still confused. Do you or do you not have to give the refs time to declare a player ineligible?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

It's the Ravens' (Harbaugh's actually, in practice or meetings) problem to then figure out who the eligible receivers are, based on the Rules.
    I posted the damn rule on the last page. It's the ref's job to tell the defense when an eligible receiver becomes ineligible. Educate yourself.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by OB View Post
    I'm still confused. Do you or do you not not have to give the refs time to declare a player ineligible?
    They are required to report so the refs can notify the D, the pats purposely didn't leave enough time for that to happen.

16. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

OB

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I'm still confused. Do you or do you not have to give the refs time to declare a player ineligible?
    Anytime an extra lineman or something comes on as an eligible receiver the officials have to announce it. The officials should have blown the whistle so they could announce that Vereen was ineligible. They didn't, the play ran, here we are.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Ya, it's what I figured. Bellicheat lives, runamok is still a Patriots fan.
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived OB For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I wish someone could compile a list of rule changes directly attributed to the the way the patriots play the game. I'm sure it's long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Here we go again with unethical vs illegal. No one cares if their team is being unethical as long as they win and it's technically not illegal. Some call it great coaching, some call it the biggest POS cheating on the planet.

I guess there are many areas in life that being "legal" but technically not morale are OK, and in America if you ain't breaking the "rules", it's all good, right I mean the refs - the official officials exonerated the pats by not calling it, and they are the NFL law. So what they say, is all good, because they are the LAW of the NFL. We shouldn't ever question their decisions. Because they are official.
    Is lining up three-wide in a triangle to one side, so the receivers can rub of each other and their defenders unethical and cheating?

I mean, if someone wants to talk about "violating the spirit of the game" or "cheating", shouldn't that qualify too because they're attempting to prevent the defense an opportunity to cover their man?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Is lining up three-wide in a triangle to one side, so the receivers can rub of each other and their defenders unethical and cheating?

I mean, if someone wants to talk about "violating the spirit of the game" or "cheating", shouldn't that qualify too because they're attempting to prevent the defense an opportunity to cover their man?
    Do you deny that you're a Patriot fan Bojangles?

25. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I don't think this is skirting the rules. It's blatantly illegal. The reason the defensive team is allowed to substitute if the offense substitutes is to allow for the defense to account for eligible and non-eligible receivers. I did not have the ability to watch the game today, but what is being described is blatantly illegal.

I'm not surprised that Vivinobitch didn't do anything. **** is he a worthless ref.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

27. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information