Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: John Harbaugh: Pats' substitutions deceptive, illegal

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    FTR, MNPats, the reports after the game, (which likely were just relying on Harbaugh's comments) reported it as such. Now, there has been more than ample time for reliable folks to review it, and we see that there was plenty of time for the Ravens to adjust. Not everyone that criticizes the Pats is a "hater", but if it makes you feel better go on hatin' the haters.
    NTL, I realize that not everyone is a hater, but there are definitely a number of posters on here who are Belichick and/or Pats haters, but I wasn't intentionally labeling you and all Broncos fans as haters.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'll openly admit to being a BB and a Pats hater but I've been quite open with my like of Brady. He does get a little bitchy on the field at times and he's a little more metrosexual than I usually like my sports heroes to be but I still like the dude. But I really don't like BB, he's arrogant and smarmy.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

3. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Would you ever let a Patriots fan sex you up?
    Are you kidding? She grew up in the Nutmeg state and lives if freaking Oklahomo - "Only two things come from Oklahoma, steers and queers and I don't see any horns on you!"

I actually do like Brady and Belichek - it's really more the fanbase that is just awful. At least WTE and PAGS have a reason to be fans. I know a guy who was an Eagles fan and then converted to the Patriots after that SB.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I actually do like Brady and Belichek - it's really more the fanbase that is just awful. At least WTE and PAGS have a reason to be fans. I know a guy who was an Eagles fan and then converted to the Patriots after that SB.
    What about me King???

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    What about me King???
    Well, you aggravate me so much that I just assumed you actually were Belichek.

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
    Ahhh........You know about these things, Chaz?
    Put many an eye out myself.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Put many an eye out myself.

Good one. LOL

I didn't word it carefully enough, you old fox.

12. The Following User High Fived Runamok For This Post:

Default Chiming in late, but...

I cheerfully loathe the Pats, and their coach, QB and fans, but Harbaugh's full of it on this one, and assuredly knows it. Football's practically BUILT on perfectly legal and ethical deception.

Play action FAKES work by DECEIVING defenders into thinking a pass is run; their complement works by DRAWING defenders upfield to "rush the passer" on runs.

Counters (AKA MISDIRECTION plays) work by starting to one side so defenders follow, then cutting back to the opposite where there are many blockers but (hopefully) few defenders.

When defenses "show" blitzes pre-snap only to drop into 6, 7 or man coverage at the snap, isn't that deceptive?

When a QB pump FAKES to freeze the secondary and/or rush, that's deceptive; does that make it illegal?

Seattles 16-0 comeback to win in OT today and return to the SB started with a FAKE FG pass for a TD: Deceptive, sure, but ILLEGAL?! Even Pack fans wouldn't buy that.

Our first TD in SB XXXII came when Elway faked a handoff to Davis at the goal line, practically the whole D followed him left, then Elway jogged right and passed up a wide open uncovered Howard Griffith in the end zone to run it untouched himself. That whole play worked ENTIRELY by deception; does that mean we must vacate our title?

That's just the stuff I can think of off the top of my head; there's probably much more if I (or anyone, including Harbaugh) took a minute or two to think about it. Get over it, Harbaugh: Ya just got beat.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information