Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching rumors

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Coaching rumors

Vic Lombardi retweeted
    gary miller @thegarymiller · 23m

CBS reporting Adam Gase could be 49er coaching candidate when Harbaugh goes. And Shanny wants reunion with Cutler and BMarsh in Chicago.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I find the Shanny rumor to be more intriguing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Raiders, Jets, 49ers, Falcons, Bears expected to make coaching changes

from article:

The Raiders intend to try to land Harbaugh and owner Mark Davis is committed to spending big to land him, even though Harbaugh has told friends that he plans to take the University of Michigan job. Michigan has been courting Harbaugh and is hopeful of landing him early this week.

If Davis cannot land Harbaugh, sources said Denver defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio is thought of highly in that building and the former Jaguars coach is expected to get the opportunity to interview there. The Raiders also intend to ask for permission to interview Arizona defensive coordinator Todd Bowles.

The Falcons have interest in New England offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, sources said, as well as Denver offensive coordinator Adam Gase, and would also want to interview Bowles.

The 49ers intend to interview some of the brighter young offensive minds in the pro game -- like McDaniels and Gase -- sources said

f the organization decides that it's imperative to try to make things work with quarterback Jay Cutler, and their options to do otherwise will be limited, then Mike Shanahan will quickly emerge. Shanahan has very strong interest to work with Cutler again, sources said, after originally drafting him in Denver,
    full article - http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...aching-changes

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

5. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Vic Lombardi retweeted

CBS reporting Adam Gase could be 49er coaching candidate when Harbaugh goes. And Shanny wants reunion with Cutler and BMarsh in Chicago.
    I see this reunion having the same results as Joe Gibbs 2nd stint with the Redskins.

Funny how Trestman was so praised when he was hired, now he's the scapegoat due to an inept QB.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

If McDoosh goes to Atlanta or SF I hope they don't let him make any personell decisions.
    I like the idea of Shanny going to the Bears. If nothing else, it would be very interesting.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I see this reunion having the same results as Joe Gibbs 2nd stint with the Redskins.

Funny how Trestman was so praised when he was hired, now he's the scapegoat due to an inept QB.
    Meh, Trestman is overrated as well. Shanny would be the best Coach Jay has had since well, Shanny. However, i would agree with you that i think Shanny's time has passed as well in terms of coaching. Still would be interesting to see if he could right that ship there but with no defense already i just dont see it happening.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

If Shanahan wants to coach in Chicago, I think he could do a great job with that offense and I think Cutler would listen to him.

But... there are really 2 conditions to him coaching there:
    1) Don't allow him to be in charge of personnel and the draft. Have a real GM.
    2) Make damned sure you bring in a good/great DC. Shanny's DC selections have always sucked ass and the 'Skins are still paying for it with Jim Haslett. If Shanny is hired and he can get Rex (who looks to be out in NY) to come in a fix that defense, they could be an instant SB contender. Shanny running the offense and Ryan running the defense could be a great coaching duo.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

12. The Following 7 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I think if shanny went in as the HC - and actually let a GM do his job, possibly taking his son as OC, Chicago could be a good option for both parties

Edit - the post above mine says what i wanted to say - but better

14. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I don't think Shanny and Rex's personalities could coexist.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Based on these rumors, my dream scenario would be JDR in Oakland then Rex Ryan to be our DC. Like I said in another thread, I think getting Ryan would be a pipedream, but he would be an awesome fit. As for JDR, I really like him as our DC, but I think he would struggle as Oakland's HC and keep them irrelevant.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I'd love to see Shanahan in Chi.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I think Rex in Chicago would be a great fit as HC

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Vic Lombardi retweeted

I'd be fine with Gase getting the Niners gig. Like the Niners and a big fan of Kaep. I think it'd be as ideal a fit as one could find.
    Go Broncos!

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I don't think Shanny and Rex's personalities could coexist.
    Maybe, but the new skinny Rex isn't anywhere near the blowhard bravado bigmouth he was when he was fat Rex. He was a good DC who new his place before. I think he loves to coach defense which is his downfall as a HC. Like Wave said, I'd love to have him here if JDR moves on. Dude can run a defense, even with less than stellar personnel.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Its funny the report is saying Gase as the raiders next HC but I believe it will be Del Rio instead. If they don't stick with Sporano that is.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information