Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Falcons could be eyeing Adam Gase for Mike Smith replacement

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default Falcons could be eyeing Adam Gase for Mike Smith replacement

Fine by me, they can have him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...eing-adam-gase

Falcons owner Arthur Blank has informed multiple parties that he plans on moving on from head coach Mike Smith at the end of the season, sources said, and it would take a shocking playoff run to alter that scenario. Blank has also told some confidants that, for now, he expects to retain general manager Thomas Dimitroff, though it could be revisited through the hiring process.

Atlanta has fallen well below expectations the past two seasons, and while the Falcons are alive in the lowly NFC South despite having won just one game outside of their division all season -- against Arizona -- and have lost three of their last four. A loss to the Saints today would end their season, and even a hallow division win, at say 7-9, would not placate Blank, sources said, who believes some significant changes are necessary.

The Falcons expected to compete for a Super Bowl since 2012, and have suffered a 9-21 record the last two seasons.

While Smith is beloved in the organization, and he helped rebuild the franchise, he entered this season under pressure to improve the team and the season has been another struggle. The roster has also decayed and has had ongoing issues along the offensive and defensive line, and, depending on the pedigree of the coach Blank lands, making alterations to the front office as well could come into play.

Among the candidates the Falcons are doing due diligence on includes Denver offensive coordinator Adam Gase and Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, with team president Rich McKay among those working through backchannels gathering information on top candidates. Stanford coach David Shaw could be a consideration as well.

Blank has longed to land a proven winner in the past, but with Bill Cowher and Jon Gruden staying in the broadcast booth, the number of candidates fitting that description are limited, and the Falcons next coach could end up being decidedly younger.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

McD lol

I think Matt Ryan is terribly overrated.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'd hire McDaniels as my head coach way before I'd hire Gase. He's a better offensive mind and has been through it once, so he wouldn't have the same growing pains in learning how to be a head coach.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Roby

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    McD lol

I think Matt Ryan is terribly overrated.
    I love the *******. Matt Ryan that is, I can't stand that S.O.B. McD

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Default Falcons could be eyeing Adam Gase for Mike Smith replacement

The Falcon's problems are varied. I think Ryan is a good QB but the they are still feeling the effects of mortgaging a draft for Julio Jones and bad personnel decisions in keeping some of the talent they had. After all the praise Dmitroff got early on, he's really done a poor job since.

Both lines are in shambles and they haven't had a receiving threat at TE since TG retired. They've also been plagued by some key injuries. Jones, White, and Douglas are almost never healthy enough to be on the field at the same time and they have no running game to speak of.

If Gates gets hired and we can't re-sign JT, look for ATL to push hard for him in FA.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

6. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

ATL's problem lies within their garbage defence. Why would you go after an offensive minded guy like Adam Gase? Does he know how to fix defences? Because their D-Coordinator right now doesn't. Better bring in Dennis Allen unless we snatch him up if JDR goes somewhere this off-season.

Not to worry, if they hire McDumbass he'll trade Ryan anyway.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Not to worry, if they hire McDumbass he'll trade Ryan anyway.
    LOL do people seriously think he is going to do this again? Like, really? Besides, he probably wouldn't even have control of personnel there. Also, he looks like a damn genius for that Cutler trade now anyway. The guy he traded him for, Orton, is doing better than him right now.

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Mcd failed with Orton. Guess he isnt a great coach.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

McD sold high on Cutler. Very savvy move. I have a feeling that after having a few years to reflect on the mistakes he did make in Denver, he will absolutely kill it at his next job. He's a brilliant offensive mind. I just hope he goes to an NFC team, because I wouldn't want to have to face him in the AFC every year. I'm terrified he will go to Oakland and turn them around with Carr.

Matt Ryan can make a lot of people look good. He is a superb player who does a lot with bad offensive lines and subpar RB's. Once you get out of the elite QB's Matt Ryan is right up there. Gase can get that ass carried by Lord Ryan. Oh yeaaaaaaaaaaah.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    McD sold high on Cutler. Very savvy move. I have a feeling that after having a few years to reflect on the mistakes he did make in Denver, he will absolutely kill it at his next job. He's a brilliant offensive mind. I just hope he goes to an NFC team, because I wouldn't want to have to face him in the AFC every year. I'm terrified he will go to Oakland and turn them around with Carr.
    I think he will fail, just like any other NE assistant to leave. This genius you speak of has only shown promise in NE and never came to fruition in Denver or St. Louis. I would love for him to go to Oakland to keep that franchise in the dirt.

McD's problem is that he thinks system trumps talent. I'm no Cutler fan but in no way did he handle that situation correctly. I, for one, hope the Raiders hire him. #59-14.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    McD's problem is that he thinks system trumps talent. I'm no Cutler fan but in no way did he handle that situation correctly. I, for one, hope the Raiders hire him. #59-14.
    What makes you think mcd will have control of roster moves at his next job?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    What makes you think mcd will have control of roster moves at his next job?
    What makes you think he won't?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information