Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Falcons could be eyeing Adam Gase for Mike Smith replacement

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    What makes you think he won't?
    Well in Oakland the head coach sure doesn't pick the players, so he wouldn't have that power there. Pretty sure the GM in Atlanta picks their players and not Mike Smith, so McD wouldn't be able to do it there either.

But even if he does get personnel control at his next gig, I just find it comical that everyone is like "OMG he's gonna trade away all their talent". The Cutler situation was a really odd combination of events that probably wouldn't repeat at his next stop. Cutler was already mad that his coaches got canned and his poutiness about McD taking trade calls put flames on the fire. Probably not a situation that will arise again. The only other talented player McD got rid of was Marshall and he was such a headcase his next team dumped him too before he finally figured it out. So again, another unique situation.

But don't let that stop the revisionist history that McD just came in and got rid of all our talent for no good reason and that he'd for sure do it again at his next stop. I have a feeling there will be a bunch of disappointed people on here when he gets to his next stop and keeps all of his core talent.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Well in Oakland the head coach sure doesn't pick the players, so he wouldn't have that power there. Pretty sure the GM in Atlanta picks their players and not Mike Smith, so McD wouldn't be able to do it there either.

But even if he does get personnel control at his next gig, I just find it comical that everyone is like "OMG he's gonna trade away all their talent". The Cutler situation was a really odd combination of events that probably wouldn't repeat at his next stop. Cutler was already mad that his coaches got canned and his poutiness about McD taking trade calls put flames on the fire. Probably not a situation that will arise again. The only other talented player McD got rid of was Marshall and he was such a headcase his next team dumped him too before he finally figured it out. So again, another unique situation.

But don't let that stop the revisionist history that McD just came in and got rid of all our talent for no good reason and that he'd for sure do it again at his next stop. I have a feeling there will be a bunch of disappointed people on here when he gets to his next stop and keeps all of his core talent.
    Two things:

There is no guarantee that either GM in Oakland or Atlanta will be back and,
    Why don't you recognize snark?
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Why don't you recognize snark?
    Ah, so now you have yourself set up to be right either way. If he goes somewhere and doesn't trade anyone away you can say "Oh, I was only being snarky". But if he does trade people away you will be like "See, I told you so! He's trading away their talent". Nice little setup you have there!

Bet the 49ers look at Gase too.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Ah, so now you have yourself set up to be right either way. If he goes somewhere and doesn't trade anyone away you can say "Oh, I was only being snarky". But if he does trade people away you will be like "See, I told you so! He's trading away their talent". Nice little setup you have there!
    Thank you, but that wasn't my intent. In fact, I don't think he's gets either job. Better?
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Mcd got too much, too soon. I reckon his next gig week be a success. Hope it's not Oakland.

But I also think Rex Ryan is a great HC - I would hate him to go to Oakland. If he does not get a HC job, I would love him as our DC.

In an ideal world, the faiders reward soprano - that should keep then down for at least another year.

What do you guys think about Shanny in Atlanta or for nostalgia - San Fran?

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Default Falcons could be eyeing Adam Gase for Mike Smith replacement

I would never hire/trust a coordinator from the Bellichick tree to be a HC. Every one of them has been a huge failure. Weiss, McDaniels, and their old DC, whose name escapes me at the moment, who coached in Cleveland and KC. All were terrible HCs who left their teams worse off than when they got them. The Patriot way works for BB, but that's it.

I don't think McDaniels will do any better as a HC because I don't think he's learned anything. A failure as a HC here followed by failure as OC of the Rams right back to where he had Brady to make him look good. I can't say Gase is any better because he's had Manning. At least Mike McCoy won with Tebow.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

10. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I would never hire/trust a coordinator from the Bellichick tree to be a HC. Every one of them has been a huge failure. Weiss, McDaniels, and their old DC, whose name escapes me at the moment, who coached in Cleveland and KC. All were terrible HCs who left their teams worse off than when they got them. The Patriot way works for BB, but that's it.

I don't think McDaniels will do any better as a HC because I don't think he's learned anything. A failure as a HC here followed by failure as OC of the Rams right back to where he had Brady to make him look good. I can't say Gase is any better because he's had Manning. At least Mike McCoy won with Tebow.
    If that's the case, send McDaniels to Oakland.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

What makes you think the Falcons will fire John McCain? He's one win away from being back in the playoffs.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    What makes you think the Falcons will fire John McCain? He's one win away from being back in the playoffs.
    The article stated that it would take a big playoff run to save his job. It seems the ownership in Atlanta is ready to move on from Smith.

I would love for McDaniels to go to Oakland...or the Chiefs! Let them waller in that shit since they found it so enjoyable when he was dismantleing us.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I would love for McDaniels to go to Oakland...or the Chiefs! Let them waller in that shit since they found it so enjoyable when he was dismantleing us.
    A kind god would send him to the ******* Steelers or the Ravens. Not sure how he'd get a job there, but that's for god to sort out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

McD sold high on Cutler. Very savvy move. I have a feeling that after having a few years to reflect on the mistakes he did make in Denver, he will absolutely kill it at his next job. He's a brilliant offensive mind. I just hope he goes to an NFC team, because I wouldn't want to have to face him in the AFC every year. I'm terrified he will go to Oakland and turn them around with Carr.
    Just curious, how is Mcd a brilliant offensive mind? His body of work outside of New England was nothing short of pathetic. IMO Brady an Manning make Mcd and Gase look far better than they actually are.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information