Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Top theater chains cancel 'The Interview' showings

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Top theater chains cancel 'The Interview' showings

NEW YORK (AP) — The top theater chains in North America have dropped "The Interview" after hackers threatened terrorist attacks at theaters showing the comedy, effectively squashing the Christmas Day release of the film.

Regal Cinemas, AMC and Cinemark have each pulled the movie. In a statement, Regal said it was delaying any showings of "The Interview" because of "the ambiguous nature of any real or perceived security threats."

Hackers calling themselves Guardians of Peace on Tuesday threatened moviegoers with violence reminiscent of the terrorist attacks of September 11th.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...rview-showings

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yea, been watching this story for most of the day. Its unfortunate that hackers have basically forced some of these theaters hand in showing this film. I think it looks dumb despite liking some of Rogen's movies but its pretty gay that basically cyber villians are getting away with forcing theaters to not show films because they dont like the subject matter.

3. The Following 5 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

What am I missing - why is this film garnishing this kind of attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Pretty dumb to make a movie about the assassination attempt of an actual living person. I don't care who it is.

Sony should have thought this out more and at minimal create a fictional character as the assassination target.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by OB View Post
    The plot surrounds Rogen and Franco who do a interview with Kim Jung (however you spell his name) from North Korea and during their time there the US asks them to assassinate him while they are there. Its a comedy but judging by North Korea's actions they are claiming its a terrorist threat.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Rob Lowe ‏@RobLowe 2m2 minutes ago
    Saw @Sethrogen at JFK. Both of us have never seen or heard of anything like this. Hollywood has done Neville Chamberlain proud today.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

So have the terrorists officially won then? They've been warning us about this!

10. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OB View Post
    Because the movie is about assassinating the leader of North Korea. He has threatened the lives of the actors if this movie aired. Now the "hacking" of Sony and the hackers releasing private emails and film clips, saying that if the movie airs, there will be reprecussions for the theatres. Some theatres are buying into these threats, and backing out.
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 12-17-2014 at 05:49 PM.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Pretty dumb to make a movie about the assassination attempt of an actual living person. I don't care who it is.

Sony should have thought this out more and at minimal create a fictional character as the assassination target.
    Changing the name wouldn't have mattered. The look of the character of the film is a dead givaway as to who they were/are talking about.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Where were these hackers for Team America: World Police? Get your shit together, hackers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

14. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

So have the terrorists officially won then? They've been warning us about this!
    Yes, they have won again. They are dictating to the world the way we live our lives. Makes me shake my head that most of the world is letting this happen. Especially us, the good ole U S of A.
    Now I heard that the hackers have North Korean ties.
    They love us too.

Sorry for the political talk outside the forum. Maybe this needs to be moved.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Just saw a commercial for it. I don't get it. Big deal. We make movies all the time about assassinating our president (or at least trying to)
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

I'm pretty sure the North Korean government is behind this. I don't care what they call themselves. They're just a bunch of mafioso thugs. They hacked Sony after they produced the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Changing the name wouldn't have mattered. The look of the character of the film is a dead givaway as to who they were/are talking about.
    Well the premise for the movie is a dumb idea to begin with. Kim Jong Un is a complete mad man. He fed his uncle to dogs for Christ sake.

Didn't Sony think for a minute about possible repercussions? Just a stupid move for what is an average comedy movie.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Isn't the plot that they end up liking the guy?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information