Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Top theater chains cancel 'The Interview' showings

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Right. Frivolous lawsuits are a non-factor in the US. Give me a break.
    Again though, I could say the same "danger" for walking into any school or theatre after all the attacks that have happened. I don't see the dangers of lawsuites being the reason behind pulling. I think its purely falling to the negative media hype.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post

Again though, I could say the same "danger" for walking into any school or theatre after all the attacks that have happened. I don't see the dangers of lawsuites being the reason behind pulling. I think its purely falling to the negative media hype.
    It's bad press to push it through. They are doing the only thing they can, although I hate that that's what they have to do. I hate that we are allowing a brutal dictator over a third world country dictate what we do
    Free Hotcarl!

3. The Following User High Fived Pudge For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    It's bad press to push it through. They are doing the only thing they can, although I hate that that's what they have to do. I hate that we are allowing a brutal dictator over a third world country dictate what we do
    agreed... especially THAT dude. It just gives him that much more sense of 'power.' It's disgusting.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

5. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

On what grounds?
    you live in the United States of America, you dont need no stinking reason to sue someone. Hell they would have had a field day with the class action suits... sued sony, Rogan, the theater, everyone who worked there, the bus driver that drove them there, the company that sold the land the theater sat on...
    Last edited by weazel; 12-18-2014 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

On what grounds?
    Sandy Hook parents are suing the makers of the guns used in the attack, Theatre shooting victims are suing the theatre, the list is a mile long.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I think it's nice for us to sit here and say "Sony should've played the movie those yellow-bellied dweebs," but if the 9/11 threats had come to fruition we would be sitting here and saying "stupid Sony what the **** were they thinking!?!?" So ultimately I think they made the right decision. Though I wish we were able to find out the source of these threats to determine if they're legitimate or not. Since we don't know the legitimacy of the threats, they chose the least risky thing.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

I guess I'm in the minority that think Sony did the right thing

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    Let's just

them.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I think it's nice for us to sit here and say "Sony should've played the movie those yellow-bellied dweebs," but if the 9/11 threats had come to fruition we would be sitting here and saying "stupid Sony what the **** were they thinking!?!?" So ultimately I think they made the right decision. Though I wish we were able to find out the source of these threats to determine if they're legitimate or not. Since we don't know the legitimacy of the threats, they chose the least risky thing.
    As much as I hate to admit it, playing it safe might be the way to go for now but I just don't want this to set a precedent. Some theaters like the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin were going to show Team America: World Police in lieu of the cancelled The Interview screenings and even those have been shot down by Paramount. What if the other terrorist type groups see the power that a simple web hack can create or a threatening message and decide that the new Avengers movie should not be shown because Captain America is too pro-American?

Part of me just wonders if we were shocked that Sony Pictures was able to be hacked so easily by N. Korea. It is scary to think it, but cyber warfare could be more damaging than a bomb at this point. We are moving to a new management system for our city website that also runs the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and I bet they have comparable security to what a big company like Sony has. Until we can confirm or deny the types of threats they are making we probably just have to stand down. It sucks but that was definitely a show of force and prowess by them to get into that system so easily.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    As much as I hate to admit it, playing it safe might be the way to go for now but I just don't want this to set a precedent. Some theaters like the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin were going to show Team America: World Police in lieu of the cancelled The Interview screenings and even those have been shot down by Paramount. What if the other terrorist type groups see the power that a simple web hack can create or a threatening message and decide that the new Avengers movie should not be shown because Captain America is too pro-American?

Part of me just wonders if we were shocked that Sony Pictures was able to be hacked so easily by N. Korea. It is scary to think it, but cyber warfare could be more damaging than a bomb at this point. We are moving to a new management system for our city website that also runs the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and I bet they have comparable security to what a big company like Sony has. Until we can confirm or deny the types of threats they are making we probably just have to stand down. It sucks but that was definitely a show of force and prowess by them to get into that system so easily.
    At some point - if this happens again or continuously, we'll have to just say "F you" and see what happens.

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post

Agreed. The cancellation of that Steve Carell movie and this stuff about not showing Team America is certainly a negative consequence that I hope blows over.

I feel like the only solution here is more internet memes..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	funny-picture-kim-jong-un-wonder-if-i-can-eat-this.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	6260
    Free Hotcarl!

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Pudge For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2EBUE4BfQU">YouTube Link</a>
    I think I'm going to buy the book
    Free Hotcarl!

24. The Following User High Fived Pudge For This Post:

All of this is making me think of the remake of Red Dawn.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information