Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots Broncos Playoff Rematch

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Default Patriots Broncos Playoff Rematch

Okay, we havent gotten there yet, yada, yada, yada........nevertheless after watching the game against the Chuggers, Im just at a loss for words. Someone please tell me we are gonna unleash in the playoffs.

There are a few things bothering me that just arent giving me confidence in beating the Pats.......no matter where we play. There are other things that ARE encouraging me. I definitely see a rematch coming for the AFC Championship with the Pats.

Obvservations to this point:

Our offensive line stunk like crazy early on and the Pats game was the first one to really exploit it. Belichick ripped Cornick a new butthole and proved me right. With Cornick in there, Vasquez was repeatedly hung out to dry.
    The line is MUCH better with Schoefield in and ManRam at guard, Vasquez at tackle. Also, the exquisite move by Elway to spread the 'responsibility' around by running it more I think will pay off in spades. The defense was just
    WAY to lax with Peyton running up the score on everyone. Closer games puts just as much blame on the defense if we lose. So far, I feel the defense has responded.

As much as we are running the ball, every game our Oline has more and more game tape to watch in order to get better. Its one thing to run the ball, but when you can line up and run it when they know youre going to run is another.
    I feel like we have a much better chance of being successful at that against the Pats and others with Elways committment to the run. CJ, Thompson and Hillman will all benefit as well.

Our play action in two TE sets will be effective, and if thats effective along with a wide open offense that can play quick ball when we want.....that would really stretch defenses mentally. We need to be able to grind out TOUGH yards if we need to.

Running the ball keeps Peyton healthy during the regular season...perhaps I should say, more healthy. I think we need to throw more to Virgil Green and have him ready to play a wrench role when we need it.

The defense getting turnovers the last few weeks has my mouth watering. Id like to see more blitzing especially when in obvious passing situations, and I love that Rahim sat down on Gates route, and Im hoping it was a called play because it has been simply OBVIOUS to me that TJ Ward is a huge liability in coverage. Every team that needs a go to play goes after Ward. Ward has given up more big play opportunities to opposing teams than everyone else combined.
    Rahim played it.

Coaching. Im not fired up about our coaching......primarily on gameday. I saw some things in the Chugger game that just had me thinking, "How in the world......????"

End of the first half, Peyton goes out, we have the lead and we're trying to run clock after getting the ball back with 140, in which case Im thinking we are NOT going to go into a 2 minute offense with OZ.........What coach calls a pass play to OZ on first down after watching Peyton hand it off on first and second almost the entire first half? (sure seemed like it, no?) and then again on second down??????? Im beside myself. We run the ball the whole game 39 plays to 22 pass plays, and we called TWO passes to Osweiler near the end of the half? I just dont get it. The tipped pass almost gets picked, and we stop the clock regardless. DUMB. Second pass....intentional grounding. DUMB.

THEN, on third down, CJ Anderson runs out of bounds with the ball. DUMB. Three plays, three clock stoppages. This led directly to a field goal possibility which they converted.

I just dont see a smart team in situational football other than Peyton, Welker and a few others.

We only converted 25% of our third downs.

My hope:

Im hoping we unleash our offense at its fullest capacity come playoff time. There is NO reason we shouldnt put a big hurtin on people.
    Our defense needs to think STOPS no matter what the situation is.

When we have a big lead, our defense seems to think, just dont give up the big play. DUMB.

I dont know what to think about this team really.

I wanna believe.......but its tough.

GO BRONCOS.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Yeah, we have a few bugs to work out, but I like the fact that we're physically dominating teams on both sides of the ball.

The only thing that scares me is coaching. I still don't like Fox or Del Rio.

Against the Pats, though, the Broncos have to keep stopping the run like they have, but they need to bump Gronk and Edelman, rush up the middle more on third and long, and they need to dare Brady to throw deep. His accuracy on downfield throws isn't what it used to be.

Also, if the Broncos go to Foxboro (this is going to sound dumb, but it is legit), they need to PLAY TO WIN!!!

No feeling out the opponent like they did last time they went there. No running on third and six in their territory like Miami did on Sunday (only to have their FG attempt blocked and returned for a TD). No kicking an extra point when you just scored a TD, and you are down by 2.

PLAY TO WIN IN FOXBORO!!

4. The Following User High Fived 7DnBrnc53 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I've been on board with the coaching issue for 3 years. I would say if the playoffs started today...I would easily pick NE to beat us. We're running the ball and playing pretty good defense, but NE just happens to always be a matchup nightmare for us.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It's not about how much better we are, how good our Defense is, etc., when we go to New England we always seem to just go in a funk for whatever reason. If we have to go to New England this year, it will probably happen again for whatever reason. I have a horrible feeling we will play horrible and get blown out again. How can you feel any different.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

7. The Following User High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I've been on board with the coaching issue for 3 years. I would say if the playoffs started today...I would easily pick NE to beat us. We're running the ball and playing pretty good defense, but NE just happens to always be a matchup nightmare for us.
    Agreed. Denver really has no shot in that game for a pile of reasons. Maybe Gronk gets injured between now and then. But for now thinking Denver has really any chance at all with any gameplan is wishful thinking.

Pats are in the SB barring some really shocking developments.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

9. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Agreed. Denver really has no shot in that game for a pile of reasons. Maybe Gronk gets injured between now and then. But for now thinking Denver has really any chance at all with any gameplan is wishful thinking.

Pats are in the SB barring some really shocking developments.
    Easily. My biggest hope between now and March is that Elway realizes that no matter how much talent he puts on the field, it doesnt mean shit until he has a staff that knows how to use it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

To say there is "no shot" is a bit preposterous. I agree will be big underdogs, but it's the NFL. Anything could happen. We could benefit from turnovers, bad calls, injuries, maybe we play our A game and the Pats have an off day. Upset wins are not uncommon at all in the playoffs.

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    They do, but not because they have more talent.

any given Sunday.... but this team isn't running on all cylinders. The redzone offense is ridiculous, how in the world did this offense get this predictable and easy to defend?

I would love for them to prove me wrong but I just dont see a Superbowl contender when I watch the Broncos play. Playoffs are still fun to watch though!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    They do, but not because they have more talent.
    No...it's actually the opposite. If the SB winner was based on talent, we'd have already won. Unfortunately, we dont have the coaching staff to lead this group.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

You can usually count on John Fox to make the wrong decision in the 2 minute drill.

18. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    You can usually count on John Fox to make the wrong decision in the 2 minute drill.
    Fox needs to hire someone to oversee in-game strategic decisions, and Fox can then just handle more of the leadership and motivation aspects of coaching. That would really be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Fox needs to hire someone to oversee in-game strategic decisions, and Fox can then just handle more of the leadership and motivation aspects of coaching. That would really be ideal.

Shanny
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    He should be forced to give up challenge and timeout responsibilities as well.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information