Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Patriots Broncos Playoff Rematch

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    Not sure about anyone else on here but I know I don't get a cheque in the mail from the Broncos organization for being a fan.
    Therefore, my focus is not directly tied to the next game on the schedule.
    I leave that to the guys who actually get paid...;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    What does it matter what the fan base is focused on? Of course the team is focused on the Bengals. Not really sure what point you were trying to convey here.
    My statement was directed towards Pats trolls (including PAG), not our fan base.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    My statement was directed towards Pats trolls (including PAG), not our fan base.
    Whoa, I'm a troll now? Cool!

3. The Following 5 Users High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    Whoa, I'm a troll now? Cool!
    Welcome to the club! I have a pretty neat hat for you to wear.

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived WTE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    I'd have no problem saying Denver has less than a 5% chance of winning that game.

Beating the Pats this year in their house in the cold the way they are playing, with Manning looking like age is finally catching up with him and giving up what we do in coaching--it's basically an insurmountable task.

I'd say 40% if Denver were playing at home in good weather.
    Jesus, this forum is full of Chicken Littles!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	henny-penny.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	6257

As for the Broncos having "no chance" what kind of insanity is that? Did the Ravens have "no chance" in the playoffs in Denver? Then when the Ravens beat the Broncos on that fluke play, everybody said the Patriots would crush them in Foxboro. Not exactly.

Right now the Broncos are playing more sound football than at any time in the Manning era.

The defense just limited Phillip Rivers & the Chargers offense to 10 points. They got 2 turnovers in the 4th quarter. Right now the Denver secondary is playing great (which Aquib Talib points out starts up front with Pot Roast being unmovable in the middle of the D-line, so teams can't run the ball on Denver's defense very well, making them one-dimensional).

The offensive line, which I've been complaining about for the last 3 seasons has officially gone from being the team weakness to a team strength. Instead of watching Clark and Franklin get beat like a Gong at the T positions, Vasquez is playing great at RT and Manny Ramirez is doing fine at G. They are firing out and punishing defensive lines. Franklin seems to be as effective at LG as he was supposed to be in the off-season.

For the first time in years they can run the ball effectively on anybody.

And they still have Peyton Manning, D.T., Julius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders.

Beating New England in New England will be tough, but this team can beat anybody playing fundamentally sound football, shutting down the run and running the ball effectively to set up the pass. That's been how you win the playoffs since always.

We've seen Denver lose in the playoffs the last 2 seasons due to being SOFT! A finesse team that didn't know how to smash an opponent in the mouth and play physical football come January. Well, that team officially died in St. Louis. Remember worrying "what if the weather is cold and windy, can Peyton throw? If not how can the Broncos win?" Well, no more anxiously scanning the weather reports! If it's 18 degrees below zero and a howling gale, the Broncos probably have an advantage.

The new Broncos aren't trying to throw for 450 yards to beat anybody and they can win even if Peyton isn't having a great day. That's how Elway and the Broncos won the SB and it can work here too.

Some fans need to stop crying in despair into their handkerchiefs before the damn playoffs even start!
    Last edited by Cugel; 12-18-2014 at 04:12 PM.

7. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

LMAO at ManRam for Manny Ramirez, other than that this thread sucks

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

just kidding, good thread, good considerations, I guess I don't break it down that much. let's just hope that manning can play in cold weather this time; with all else being the same. let's hope everyone's healthy by that time too

Quote Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
    To refresh your memory, the Broncos rushed for 43 yards against NE, last game in Foxbro, including a whopping 18 yds by C.J.
    Running the ball is mostly about ATTITUDE and adjustments. The attitude comes from putting the offensive line in a position to fire out and hit people. The adjustments come from putting the right pieces together on the O-line in order.

This is a completely different Denver team than the one that lined up in Foxborough Stadium in November. Think that an attitude adjustment can't make a difference? Tell that to the 2012-2013 Super Bowl Champion Patriots. Oh, wait! They didn't even get to the SB, because they got crushed by a Ravens team that lost 4 out of their last 5 games heading into the playoffs.

But, they had a talk with Ray Lewis and had a little attitude adjustment before the playoffs. Result 28-13 Ravens in the AFC Championship Game!

Jacoby Jones said after the playoff win over Denver that he knew when he lined up for that deep pass over Rahim Moore that he was going to score a TD, because of the way Moore was lined up. He just knew it. That's playing with attitude. Can the Broncos do that? HELL yes they can!

Will they? We'll see. But, I wouldn't pencil the Patriots into the Super Bowl just yet.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

As for the Broncos having "no chance" what kind of insanity is that? Did the Ravens have "no chance" in the playoffs in Denver? Then when the Ravens beat the Broncos on that fluke play, everybody said the Patriots would crush them in Foxboro. Not exactly.

Right now the Broncos are playing more sound football than at any time in the Manning era.

The defense just limited Phillip Rivers & the Chargers offense to 10 points. They got 2 turnovers in the 4th quarter. Right now the Denver secondary is playing great (which Aquib Talib points out starts up front with Pot Roast being unmovable in the middle of the D-line, so teams can't run the ball on Denver's defense very well, making them one-dimensional).

The offensive line, which I've been complaining about for the last 3 seasons has officially gone from being the team weakness to a team strength. Instead of watching Clark and Franklin get beat like a Gong at the T positions, Vasquez is playing great at RT and Manny Ramirez is doing fine at G. They are firing out and punishing defensive lines. Franklin seems to be as effective at LG as he was supposed to be in the off-season.

Beating New England in New England will be tough, but this team can beat anybody playing fundamentally sound football, shutting down the run and running the ball effectively to set up the pass. That's been how you win the playoffs since always.

We've seen Denver lose in the playoffs the last 2 seasons due to being SOFT! A finesse team that didn't know how to smash an opponent in the mouth and play physical football come January. Well, that team officially died in St. Louis. Remember worrying "what if the weather is cold and windy, can Peyton throw? If not how can the Broncos win?" Well, no more anxiously scanning the weather reports! If it's 18 degrees below zero and a howling gale, the Broncos probably have an advantage.

The new Broncos aren't trying to throw for 450 yards to beat anybody and they can win even if Peyton isn't having a great day. That's how Elway and the Broncos won the SB and it can work here too.

Some fans need to stop crying in despair into their handkerchiefs before the damn playoffs even start!

BEST POST OF THE MONTH!

But then again, look what I'm comparing it to. Lot of defeatism being put on display, here in this thread.

Of course Denver can win in NE if they just outplay the Pats. Crazier things happen every week in this League.

Besides, who says they are going to meet up again in Foxbro? Keep the faith, baby.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Runamok For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

Yeah, it looks like Elways direction to run the ball more in order to spread the responsibility around is paying off in spades. If we lose a game now because a corner didnt cover well, or a safety missed a tackle, then the pressure to perform is on the D. In the past, this just hasnt been there with Peyton putting up 24 points in some instances to start a game. This team does have the personel to beat the Patriots..............but I still dont like alot of the coaching decisions I see being made on game day and thats what gives me no confidence.

Our pass rush needs to be hot in the next game against the Pats should we make it there, and the coverage downfield needs to be tight.

I think we'll do better. Would LOVE to play them at home vs on the road though. If we gotta go through New England in order to play in the AFC Championship, then I'll be nothin but smiles.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

16. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

I don't think there will be a rematch. I think the Steelers or Ravens beat the Patriots at home doing us a huge favor.
    Last edited by CrazyHorse; 12-19-2014 at 11:16 AM.
    In Elway We Trust

18. The Following User High Fived CrazyHorse For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Neither do the Broncos, and both teams have 2 regular season games to play before we worry about any playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    The Patriots don't get free admission to the AFCCG, they have to play a team in the playoffs first. I'd rather speculate whether they'll win that game before I worry about the possibility of us playing them in the AFCCG.

My point is, I think this thread is a little premature as there is 2 games of football (possibly 3) left till we even get to the AFCCG, a lot can change over that course of time.
    Said that right there chief.

20. The Following User High Fived tripp For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Neither do the Broncos, and both teams have 2 regular season games to play before we worry about any playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    I don't think there will be a rematch. I think the Steelers or Ravens beat the Patriots at home doing us a huge favor.

I could honestly see it happen. With that being said, I don't know how far we'll go in the playoffs. I just have a hunch the Pats don't make it to the SB.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived tripp For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    I could honestly see it happen. With that being said, I don't know how far we'll go in the playoffs. I just have a hunch the Pats don't make it to the SB.

The pats are the ONLY team with a defense good enough to keep us from getting to the suoerbowl. Pitts has a great offense but their defense sucks! Balt has an ok offense and a terrible terrible secondary. We would Torch both teams should we play either after they knock off the pats.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

The Broncos can and will beat the Pats in New England on the way to the Super Bowl.

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information