Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Patriots Broncos Playoff Rematch

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I could see either Balt or Pitt coming into town and pulling an upset.

I would bet Denver, but wouldn't be surprised if either of them pulled an upset. I also think either of them could go into NE and win.

This team is more talented than NE. With the right gameplan we can win even in NE. Not confident we can put together that gameplan.
    Baltimore or Pittsburgh could both go into New England and Denver and very well win. Playoffs will be a lot of fun this year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I don't get it. We would be playing New England in Foxborough. It isn't like we would be playing the Raiders at home. And I'm shocked that you would not get the notion that the Patriots could possibly beat the Broncos at home with both teams playing their best football. They are beatable, and so is Denver. Like Denver, they are also a pretty damn good team.
    Of course I get that losing is a potential outcome - probably even the likely outcome - I said we'd be underdogs. But I give us like a 40% chance of winning, whereas I'd interpret your previous statement as giving us like a 10% chance of winning. And that seems off-base.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Of course I get that losing is a potential outcome - probably even the likely outcome - I said we'd be underdogs. But I give us like a 40% chance of winning, whereas I'd interpret your previous statement as giving us like a 10% chance of winning. And that seems off-base.
    Well, I never said anything about a 10% chance of winning. If I'm putting money down, I would probably put it down on the Patriots. It looks like you just might too.

If I compare the 2, I wouldn't give our offense an edge over them at anything. They just might even be better at running the ball than we are right now, and their pasing game looks to be a little more prolific than ours. They have a guy in Gronkowski that they could literally just throw the ball too every time and march down the field agaisnt anyone it seems. Their defense is pretty f'n good, too. However, I would probably give ours an edge. But then again, we don't have anyone that can cover Gronk.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I'd have no problem saying Denver has less than a 5% chance of winning that game.

Beating the Pats this year in their house in the cold the way they are playing, with Manning looking like age is finally catching up with him and giving up what we do in coaching--it's basically an insurmountable task.

I'd say 40% if Denver were playing at home in good weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    My opinion. I don't know that they will. None of us do. Just my thought. I think BB is better at scheming, more involved with game prep than Fox, etc., Just a better coach than Fox. Again, My opinion.
    Well, yeah. But what coach would you pick to do those things better than Belicheck?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Well, yeah. But what coach would you pick to do those things better than Belicheck?
    Not John Fox by any means. John Fox is a good coach, great man and human being. I have never been sold on his coaching and game time decision making.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Not John Fox by any means. John Fox is a good coach, great man and human being. I have never been sold on his coaching and game time decision making.
    Thats ok, he's not trying to sell you. But point being, who would you pick to do those things against Belicheck and be better at them?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Thats ok, he's not trying to sell you. But point being, who would you pick to do those things against Belicheck and be better at them?
    John Harbaugh. He often has a great game plan against NE.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

This is what you're doing with the Patriots.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived tripp For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I could care less who it is or isn't. My point is I don't think Fox is a great coach overall. But, I like the guy. He's a good dude.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Well, I never said anything about a 10% chance of winning. If I'm putting money down, I would probably put it down on the Patriots. It looks like you just might too.

If I compare the 2, I wouldn't give our offense an edge over them at anything. They just might even be better at running the ball than we are right now, and their pasing game looks to be a little more prolific than ours. They have a guy in Gronkowski that they could literally just throw the ball too every time and march down the field agaisnt anyone it seems. Their defense is pretty f'n good, too. However, I would probably give ours an edge. But then again, we don't have anyone that can cover Gronk.
    Better at running the ball right now? Have you been watching C.J. Anderson? And, Denver can take that away.

And, they are good at short and intermediate passing, but Brady isn't that consistent with the long passes.

I could care less who it is or isn't. My point is I don't think Fox is a great coach overall. But, I like the guy. He's a good dude.
    But you were just taking AWAY from Fox because he couldn't outcoach Belicheck at scheming and being involved with game prep.

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    John Harbaugh. He often has a great game plan against NE.
    Coming up with a game plan is great, but that's not necessarily outcoaching.

But, apparently (coming from another thread), if you don't have the ring, you aren't any good. John doesn't have any rings, so he can't be any good.

Coming up with a game plan is great, but that's not necessarily outcoaching.

But, apparently (coming from another thread), if you don't have the ring, you aren't any good. John doesn't have any rings, so he can't be any good.
    Sure it is. I remember the Balt/NE playoff game a couple years ago when Flacco was hurt and only threw the ball 7 times the whole game I think and Baltimore still won. Better game plan. Better coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Sure it is. I remember the Balt/NE playoff game a couple years ago when Flacco was hurt and only threw the ball 7 times the whole game I think and Baltimore still won. Better game plan. Better coaching.
    Well, first off I have to admit I was talking Jim and not John. My bad on getting them mixed up.

But either way, is that better coaching, or simply better execution? Sometimes I can have the perfect defense called, at the perfect time, and still get beat on the play. That's not (necessarily) better coaching.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information