Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots Broncos Playoff Rematch

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Patriots aren't going 1 and out at home in the playoffs this year.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Seems weird how that KC game woke them up. KC fans pat themselves on the back for that win, but can't seem to beat a winning team since.
    My first suggestion would be to study the KC game and ask what *we* can apply to our own personnel. We don't have Jamaal Charles but there were probably other things that worked. What were they and how can we replicate them?

Secondly, tempo will make a difference. Mix in some "hurry up" early and see if you can catch them in some mismatches.

I think weather will be a major factor. If it's cold and shitty like Massachusetts normally is in January, we have to keep Manning out of long distance downs (ie. 3rd and 10, etc.).

Maybe we can send Welker on a kamikaze mission to take out Revis. That worked really well last year against their top corner. What was his name again?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    My first suggestion would be to study the KC game and ask what *we* can apply to our own personnel. We don't have Jamaal Charles but there were probably other things that worked. What were they and how can we replicate them?

Secondly, tempo will make a difference. Mix in some "hurry up" early and see if you can catch them in some mismatches.

I think weather will be a major factor. If it's cold and shitty like Massachusetts normally is in January, we have to keep Manning out of long distance downs (ie. 3rd and 10, etc.).

Maybe we can send Welker on a kamikaze mission to take out Revis. That worked really well last year against their top corner. What was his name again?
    You're not going to gain anything from that tape. That was like a one night stand. It was Arrowhead stadium on a big stage. Chiefs pull that every so often in a big game. They never get on a national stage. It just happens. You will see nothing on that tape but fundamental breakdowns from a good team that has already been corrected.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

If I was Fox, I'd have people breaking down the Patriots now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

This thread feels like a "prediction" thread so I will predict this.
    Buffalo goes into Foxboro in 2 weeks and beats the Pats in a defensive battle.
    They have shut down our offence and Green Bay's offence in the last 2 weeks so it's not that big of a stretch.

We win out and host the AFC championship game and beat the Pats.
    We made Brady look average last year in the AFC championship and we can do it again...Gronk or no Gronk.
    If we have to play in Foxboro against the elements, Brady, Belechick and the home cooking refs, I don't like our chances at all.
    That place is like Kryponite to Manning.
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

6. The Following User High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

You just have to go in on game day and play your game. Breaking tape down at this point of the season is useless. All teams will have new wrinkles and do different things. You just have to play your game and let it happen. Tapes are worthless. It's how you execute and how you play that day for 60 minutes of football. Practice your game, worry about yourself, and go play football. Breaking down a tape is worthless. (again, my opinion).
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    hah.. I love your coaching.

But the best way for Brady or Manning to beat you... is to blitz them. Their QB rating goes to the very top of the list when being blitzed.

Ask the NY Giants about that. Ask the broncos last year how they beat brady?

As for the coaching things Rav, I know you are a big mccoy fan, but a lot of teams change their offense mid season. The funny thing is all Mccoy did was call run plays. Really not that hard to do. Remember the game we won and tebow completed 2 passes!?? Not hard to do when all you do is call the read option and run plays. Guess what, every team with a mobile QB does it. Cam newton and panthers, Sanchez and eagles (or foles when he was there) RG3, kaep, Russell wilson....the list goes on and on. Not hard to do.

let me give an example: Mccoy- 1st down- run right. 2nd down- run up the gut. 3rd down Qb Draw. Repeat repeat repeat.

Now tell me how our offense suddenly went from mediocre to record breaking of all time!!!! With the simple subtraction of Mccoy and addition of welker we didnt just improve. We DOMINATED LIKE THE NFL HAS NEVER EVER SEEN BEFORE!!!.

the sad thing is that Gase has stopped calling a lot of those plays he did last year. The quick hitters. Working the middle of the field. The seem routes. -Remember Julius Thomas getting lit up on the seem against Balt and peyton telling him "remember how I told you to bend in after the LB"....When was the last time you have seen that play? I cannot remember. Not even by Julius but by any WR/TE.
    -Aside from the TWO quick slants to DT last week, when was the last time you saw us call a play like that?
    -Remember Welkers TDs against the chargers and raiders last year? It was like a minuature fade (dont know what to call that play) down the middle of the field. Last time you have seen that?
    -Remember the 4th and 1 against the raiders where peyton thew a 1 step drop (half step drop) to tamme right off the line of scrimmage, straight down field?
    -Remember the fake wr bubble screen to a seem pass or corner?
    -Remember the PA fake for a post route?

I doubt you or anyone remember them because we have not run them at all this year. Everything is to the outside or down the sidelines.

Now:
    -Remember the wr bubble screen (almost always on 2nd and 7-9 or 3rd and 6-8)
    -Remember the deep pass down the sidelines
    -Remember the sideline out routes for 2-4 yards to welker or TE
    -Remember the long developing crossing pick plays

I know you do, because that is all we run.
    Once in the redzone we start to attack downfield for the TD. Until we get there it is all outs and sidelines. Like a Giant horseshoe.

Now, if I can see this. Over and over and over again. What do you think BB and the pats who are paid to scout us inside and out and know a hell lot more than any of us will see. I mean, I can even name the down and distance we run most of those plays.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

We're on to the Jets.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

UR29, you are driving me crazy with your analysis... First, McCoy was never the horrible play caller you thought he was. He's actually pretty good at exploiting mismatches. We saw it with Tebow, we saw it with Manning, we see it with the improved SD offense. That's why he's lasted in the league as an o-coordinator and risen to that level.

Second, harping on Gase avoiding the middle of the field... Everyone in the league knows that crossing routes over the middle are our bread and butter. Everybody! We didn't stop doing it because we love throwing fades - we did it because every team emphasizes taking away those crossers onces Seattle gave them the blueprint. Also - because Manning's lack of arm strength makes throws over the middle riskier than usual.

I just think it's silly to always be harping on play calling.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Bookmarked this thread for some golden crow nuggets in a month, but it really won't matter because the AFC championship game will be in Denver......and it won't be the Pats coming to town either. :Nostratimmy:
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    UR29, you are driving me crazy with your analysis... First, McCoy was never the horrible play caller you thought he was. He's actually pretty good at exploiting mismatches. We saw it with Tebow, we saw it with Manning, we see it with the improved SD offense. That's why he's lasted in the league as an o-coordinator and risen to that level.

Second, harping on Gase avoiding the middle of the field... Everyone in the league knows that crossing routes over the middle are our bread and butter. Everybody! We didn't stop doing it because we love throwing fades - we did it because every team emphasizes taking away those crossers onces Seattle gave them the blueprint. Also - because Manning's lack of arm strength makes throws over the middle riskier than usual.

My friend, he was. He absolutely was. The worst we have ever had. Many agree with this. Just a few people still remain loyal (kind of like the cutler and tebow guys)....He has not and does not call the plays in San Diego. He has publicly said that. That is one reason why they are better. He is a good HC. I thought he would make a good coach. I like how he knows his players and knows them well. Calling plays he just cant do.

Mannings arm is stronger than it was last year and the year before. last year we we called many plays that were not predictable and we beasted. This year we only call those. And when the "seattle blueprint" happens we go to the wr bubble. We do not go to what worked last year.

I only harp on it when it is stale or predictable. Each year with mccoy I did and only this year with gase have I started to say he is getting short sighted. I still like gase. I do not think he is quite there yet though. Before mccoy or last year I never once had issue with playcalling.

and seriously, is there anything about the plays I spoke of above that you cannot agree with? We have not run the plays I listed and we constantly run the plays I said we do. It has gotten a little stale.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Bookmarked this thread for some golden crow nuggets in a month, but it really won't matter because the AFC championship game will be in Denver......and it won't be the Pats coming to town either. :Nostratimmy:
    If that's true, don't say I didn't tell you guys so. It could be 2010 all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post

UR has the answers.. is the next Broncos OC.

But I also think that the lack of exploiting the middle has to do with Welker not being as quick as he once was. He's not beating defenders like he used to. Our TE, before injury, had to stay in more to help with the OL (even as bad as he was at it, him on the field as a threat was worth him being on the field to block little). So the middle of the field, crossing routes, just aren't going to be there like they were last season.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

18. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Those are good points Rav, I am sure they do factor in.

Maybe I should be. If I do, Ill get you all tix to the game.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    Patriots aren't going 1 and out at home in the playoffs this year.

I actually think the Broncos very well could be with the teams this year.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information