Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Broncos can become first team with streak of three 13-win seasons

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis #30

We could be nicknamed "The Buffalo Broncos" if we blow it again this year.

If we can't get home field , I would rather go 12-4.
    Last edited by capt. Jack; 12-19-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by capt. Jack View Post
    They were great, but they were also Losers!
    YOu can call them that if you want, I don't consider them "losers" for going to 4 straight Super Bowls.

I also don't think we could be called the Buffalo Broncos if we don't make it to the Super Bowl this year. Many teams have made it to 3 straight Conference Championships and not even gone to a Super Bowl. Great teams have lost Super Bowls. It's not the "end all" of discussions on how good a team is. That's like determining how good/great a QB is/was by the number of rings on his fingers. Its a pretty short-sighted viewpoint, imo.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Peyton seems to bring 13-3 wherever he goes.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis #30

Yeah, I see your point and all, But You gotta have that killer instinct, you gotta take advantage of the situation, you gotta close the deal!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

What the Bills did was quite amazing in itself but at the end of the day they are still losers. They didnt finish the job and in some of those games they got destroyed. Im pretty sure if you asked Jim Kelly today he would tell you he would give up a couple of those SB appearances just to have one ring. At the end of the day there is only one champion no matter how many times you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    What the Bills did was quite amazing in itself but at the end of the day they are still losers. They didnt finish the job and in some of those games they got destroyed. Im pretty sure if you asked Jim Kelly today he would tell you he would give up a couple of those SB appearances just to have one ring. At the end of the day there is only one champion no matter how many times you get there.
    The goal is to win, of course. I'm sure Jim would gladly trade 3 trips for one win....ESPECIALLY since everyone always judges based on the rings. If we gave as much appreciation for the fact that those guys completely dominated a conference and went to the Super Bowl FOUR friggin times in a row, then maybe it wouldn't be as big of a deal. It's always the goal to take home the championship, and NO ONE isn't trying out on the field to take it home. I just refuse to call them "losers" when that franchise is one of the greatest of all time.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Yeah, I see your point and all, But You gotta have that killer instinct, you gotta take advantage of the situation, you gotta close the deal!

Everyone on the field says the same thing. Both teams are just as hungry as the other. Both teams get paid to win, "killer instinct" and all.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    ya thats why I have so much time to peruse the forum all day... BTW, they sell drywall at OFFICE depot now?
    It must be a regional thing because the Office Depots in Odessa and Midland don't sell drywall they do however carry most of the ingredients for paper-mache.

9. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis #30

I have enjoyed all the winning the last three years, but it would be a bummer if we couldn't win a Super Bowl in "The Manning era"?

I have enjoyed all the winning the last three years, but it would be a bummer if we couldn't win a Super Bowl in "The Manning era"?
    Fo' Sho' ..Fo' Sho'

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    It must be a regional thing because the Office Depots in Odessa and Midland don't sell drywall they do however carry most of the ingredients for paper-mache.
    yeah cugel must live in tornado alley, they have to sell drywall everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

I thought it was a joke. I'm a restoration contractor and I've never heard of anyone buying drywall at Office Depot.

I just assumed he meant Home Depot.....

So what was this thread about again?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I just assumed he meant Home Depot.....

So what was this thread about again?
    Clearly it was about the merits of stocking drywall next to copy paper. Get with the program dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    YOu can call them that if you want, I don't consider them "losers" for going to 4 straight Super Bowls.

I also don't think we could be called the Buffalo Broncos if we don't make it to the Super Bowl this year. Many teams have made it to 3 straight Conference Championships and not even gone to a Super Bowl. Great teams have lost Super Bowls. It's not the "end all" of discussions on how good a team is. That's like determining how good/great a QB is/was by the number of rings on his fingers. Its a pretty short-sighted viewpoint, imo.
    It would suck. We have a better team than the 90-93 Bills, who only got to four straight SB's because they were extremely lucky, and because the AFC was as useless as the other AFC East teams are today outside of Foxboro.

The Broncos can get it done this year. They have to step it up, though. They can beat NE and Seattle.

17. The Following User High Fived 7DnBrnc53 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information