Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Trevathan done for year, Marshall hopefully 1-2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    I didn't want to say it but now that you have posted the above, steroid/HGH/HCGF tends to result in soft tissue problems i.e. tendons and ligaments. He has now dislocated that knee cap 2 or 3 times.
    Not exactly, two fractures, one dislocation

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Not exactly, two fractures, one dislocation
    He dislocated the left knee cap in October (in addition to the fracture) and again on Sunday. The fracture didn't come until re-setting the knee. When I read that back in October my first thought was roids! The hyper mobility of that joint could be an indication of PED's.
    Last edited by jhildebrand; 12-17-2014 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Klis
    Trevathan got trampled, and his left kneecap dislocated. As the kneecap popped back into place, a bone at the top of the kneecap fractured.
    http://www.dailycamera.com/sports/ci...-several-weeks

can never have enough LB's

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    can never have enough LB's
    What if you had 52

then you would have a team with small linemen and bigger secondary. We had a LB as a QB for a while in Tebow so I guess that could work for one playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

7. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    OZ has not yet played enough in a regular season game for anyone to even have an opinion of him yet.
    True. It just LOOKED like he sucks after that pathetic series at the end of the half.

The odds are that when the dust settles he will probably suck. That won't stop some team from giving him a big contract after the 2015 season though, if Manning comes back to complete his contract in 2016 -- which he'd better because Osweiler sucks!

Oz will prove to be the waste of a pick we have made him out to be. He could have been Lavonte David or a lot of other players including muscle hamster if I remember right.

When he rocketed a 5 yard pass I knew that we have seen the best of Brock.

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    Oz will prove to be the waste of a pick we have made him out to be. He could have been Lavonte David or a lot of other players including muscle hamster if I remember right.

When he rocketed a 5 yard pass I knew that we have seen the best of Brock.
    That's silly. Elway was known to "rocket" short passes when he first came into the NFL as well, and Brock hasn't been on the field very much at all.. .notto mention hasn't gotten many practice reps with first team, Manning doesn't share.

At the same time, the pick for OZ was a smart move on Elway to have a plan B in case Manning's arm never did regain strength. I don't know why you guys thought it a good idea not to have some kind of plan behind Manning, but Elway didn't think that to be wise. It was Manning or buse, either way...but if Manning couldn't regain strength (and we saw just how weak it was in the beginning of that first season, imagine what it was when Elway had evaluated before draft)... then at least while we were having a "bust" of a season we were developing a young QB instead of purely putting some back-up veteran in there for no reason.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    That's silly. Elway was known to "rocket" short passes when he first came into the NFL as well, and Brock hasn't been on the field very much at all.. .notto mention hasn't gotten many practice reps with first team, Manning doesn't share.

At the same time, the pick for OZ was a smart move on Elway to have a plan B in case Manning's arm never did regain strength. I don't know why you guys thought it a good idea not to have some kind of plan behind Manning, but Elway didn't think that to be wise. It was Manning or buse, either way...but if Manning couldn't regain strength (and we saw just how weak it was in the beginning of that first season, imagine what it was when Elway had evaluated before draft)... then at least while we were having a "bust" of a season we were developing a young QB instead of purely putting some back-up veteran in there for no reason.
    I agree with all of that - but my gut also tells me Oz is not going to develop into a franchise qb. I hope i am wrong.

That is my gut - it is not based on anything other than the feeling i have from watching his play in garbage time and the pre-season.

12. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by daveaitken18 View Post
    I agree with all of that - but my gut also tells me Oz is not going to develop into a franchise qb. I hope i am wrong.

That is my gut - it is not based on anything other than the feeling i have from watching his play in garbage time and the pre-season.
    yeah... and after my post, I'm agreeing with you 100% as well. Although I totally understand the pick for Oz, and defend the pick for being the right one at the time, I haven't seen anything that makes me think Oz will be any kind of long-term QB for the Broncos. It's hypocritical of me to say "he hasn't gotten many snaps" and then turn around and admit that I've already judged him, but I have.

At the same time, we know that its VERY rare for a QB to make it in the NFL, and none have sat behind Manning and done well (not that it's Manning's fault), so the odds were always HIGHLY against him and its pretty easy to guess any QB won't make it in the NFL...... until they do.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

14. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Default Trevathan done for year, Marshall hopefully 1-2 weeks

I'm not trying to compare Oz to Rodgers, but they are In similar situations - backing up a legend. Rodgers looked terrible in spot duty for Favre before he became the starter and had a losing record his first year as a starter. He turned out alright.

Oz will get an opportunity sooner or later. The handful of plays he's been in for in the regular season are hardly enough to judge him by.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Considering his arm talent, mobility, and reputed work ethic I certainly won't be betting against him.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Considering his arm talent, mobility, and reputed work ethic I certainly won't be betting against him.

I'm with you on this. Plus having watched him interact wit other players I see some of the dynamic personality traits you want in a leader. The sample size is far too small at this point to make any kind of educated guess.

The physical and mental attributes are good and for that reason I lean toward him having a shot to be good. Let's be honest none Of Pfm's backups have had near the physical talent that Brock does and writing Oz off just because his predecessors sucked isn't very logical

20. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information