Thread: Aqib Talib saves the day with key interception

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Aqib Talib saves the day with key interception

SAN DIEGO — The Broncos signed Aqib Talib in March for December and January. Denver brought in the cornerback, the best Peyton Manning said he faced last season, to equip the defense with fangs. He brings attitude and breathtaking athleticism.

"There aren't many defensive backs with his ability," said Hall of Fame defensive back Rod Woodson as he surveyed the Broncos in pregame. "There's not much he can't do."

Money aside, Talib joined the Broncos for games like these, for plays like this. The Chargers, hanging on with white knuckles, faced second down from their 27-yard line, trailing 19-10. The clock taunted them, only 4:27 left. Hope of extending their season, of avoiding the indignity of the Broncos clinching their fourth consecutive AFC West title at Qualcomm Stadium, hung on this drive.

Quarterback Philip Rivers, long the Broncos' favorite villain, took a shotgun snap, and tried to squeeze a dart over the middle to receiver Malcolm Floyd.

"I was doing what (defensive coordinator) Jack (Del Rio) wanted. He does a great job of making the same things look different," Talib said. "With five minutes left, it was time for the defense to end the game, man."
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...y-interception

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

We have a very good secondary. Believe were top 5 against the pass this year.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Moore's interception was just as big.

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Well...as much as it sucks to say it, Bailey being gone gave these younger guys all a shot. We now have a young solid core of guys in the secondary, some can play multiple positions, but they all have speed too.

Really excited to see what they can do in the playoffs this year.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    They were both back-breakers. Aqib's took SD's chances from improbable to extremely desperate, while Moore's was the finishing touches of the mortician.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

8. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    That's the first time I have ever seen him use his instincts to drive down and make a play on the ball. I think that is his first career interception of a ball that wasn't tipped. I hope he can make more plays like that.

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    We have a very good secondary. Believe were top 5 against the pass this year.
    Actually, we're 16th against the pass but I think a lot of that is our lack of coverage from the linebackers on TE's and backs. Injuries have made a major impact on the Broncos ability to cover the short to mid range passing game. The secondary is solid though.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information