Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: So is this year it for Manning?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Default So is this year it for Manning?

It's really starting to look like father time is catching up to him. His arm strength and accuracy seem to be deteriorting weekly. Pretty questionable decision making too. I love Manning, I really do, but I just don't know how much he has left. I'm glad we finally found a competent running back, because it's going to take that to get us to the Super Bowl again it would appear.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Whatta difference a couple weeks make, on pace for 48 TD's and 4800 to done.

I coulda swore I was cursing Manning for overthrowing receivers about 7 days ago.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Lol no chance, he'll be back next year. It's pretty evident after the past 2 games he is a rhythm passer, and is currently out of sync. Patience.

4. The Following User High Fived tripp For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Whatta difference a couple weeks make, on pace for 48 TD's and 4800 to done.
    But that's kinda my point. Maybe his body is to the point where it can't handle the grind of a 16-19 game season anymore. I'm not bashing him at all. This just happens to players when they get in their lte 30s. He's a freak of nature for being great as long as he has. I think any Bronco fan would have been ecstatic to get 2+ great seasons out of him when we signed him. I'm just wondering how much he really has left.

I'm not calling him done by any means, just posing the question.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    Lol no chance, he'll be back next year. It's pretty evident after the past 2 games he is a rhythm passer, and is currently out of sync. Patience.
    Completely agree, arm strength is no better/worse than a year ago, the style of offense appears to be what Manning is struggling with.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    But that's kinda my point. Maybe his body is to the point where it can't handle the grind of a 16-19 game season anymore. I'm not bashing him at all. This just happens to players when they get in their lte 30s. He's a freak of nature for being great as long as he has. I think any Bronco fan would have been ecstatic to get 2+ great seasons out of him when we signed him. I'm just wondering how much he really has left.

I'm not calling him done by any means, just posing the question.
    Hard not to get frustrated, I am too, but it just doesn't appear to be deteriorating skills as much as the passing offense losing their chemistry. imo.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

He played a pretty damn good defense out there today. He has no opportunity to get hot with the way the game flow has been going.

I don't care how they do it as long as they win.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Completely agree, arm strength is no better/worse than a year ago, the style of offense appears to be what Manning is struggling with.
    I think his arm strength has declined. I know he's always thrown ducks, but it's happening at an increasing rate now. For example, on his first pick Sanders toasted that guy deep and Manning underthrew him by 3 yards. The pick on that deep fade was badly underthrown as well. Same with the near pick to Welker in the endzone.

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Ha know what's concerning is Mannings hanging Sanders out to dry every week.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I think his arm strength has declined. I know he's always thrown ducks, but it's happening at an increasing rate now. For example, on his first pick Sanders toasted that guy deep and Manning underthrew him by 3 yards. The pick on that deep fade was badly underthrown as well. Same with the near pick to Welker in the endzone.
    On the other hand he had a TD to Sanders overthrown by 5 yards last week, the pass to Welker wasn't much of a barometer for arm strength.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

He also over threw Demaryius which turned out to be a pick, and that was for no short gain. My point is, he's over throwing, and under throwing. I firmly believe it's a timing thing more than anything else. I don't see how over a course of a year your arm strength deteriorates that fast, not at age 39. When you run the ball 2 out of 3 times, you're not going to be as sharp as if you threw it 2 out of 3 times.

Also, I've noticed he's struggled without a good TE to throw to a.k.a JT. Just hasn't been able to move the sticks as easily passing, without Orange Julius.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived tripp For This Post:

Hard not to get frustrated, I am too, but it just doesn't appear to be deteriorating skills as much as the passing offense losing their chemistry. imo.
    I don't know. He's made some really poor throws lately to guys who have their man beat. That first int today was atrocious.

But I'm hoping your point and others about being out of sync has a little to do with it. I imagine practice went from pass all day to working on the run game after the loss to St Louis. That and Elway's little talk emphasising how he won his rings at the end of his career.

He will be fine.

Don't start the Tebow chants just yet.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    He will be fine.

Don't start the Tebow chants just yet.
    LOL I expected this kind of reaction. I'm not calling for him to be replaced. And I have no expectations of Denver cutting him, nor would I want us to. Just wondering if he himself might consider hanging it up after this year. Maybe I'm overreacting to a few bad games, but there have been some saying he's been on the decline since the beginning of the season and I was calling them crazy then, but it's getting harder and harder to call them crazy.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

LOL I expected this kind of reaction. I'm not calling for him to be replaced. And I have no expectations of Denver cutting him, nor would I want us to. Just wondering if he himself might consider hanging it up after this year. Maybe I'm overreacting to a few bad games, but there have been some saying he's been on the decline since the beginning of the season and I was calling them crazy then, but it's getting harder and harder to call them crazy.
    I think he plays another year. 20 million and one reasons why. He'd have all the major passing records. He might even play out his contract.
    In Elway We Trust

22. The Following User High Fived CrazyHorse For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information