Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: So is this year it for Manning?

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Honestly think he's done. This team should have won a SB already; this year or last.

Now, they either carry him for a title, or he retires with Denver as a disappointing end to his HOF career.

Sucks, but Rahim Moore...

Lol I still hate that game.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

I hope not. I'm not ready for mediocrity.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    He will once we start throwing it more. Would like to see the play calling a bit more balanced, we're a bit run heavy at the moment, and it's taking it's toll on CJ Anderson.
    To me this is just an excuse, and a bad one. Peyton should be throwing it even better right now as well as we are running it because the D has to put more men in the box to respect the run. A good running game typically helps your passing game, not hurt it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    To me this is just an excuse, and a bad one. Peyton should be throwing it even better right now as well as we are running it because the D has to put more men in the box to respect the run. A good running game typically helps your passing game, not hurt it.
    Ok, but he's not throwing it even better right now. He was throwing it better when we didn't have a run game because his attempts were twice as many as they are now. Maybe I'm missing you're point? If Peyton throws it more and continues to produce, should he not retire then?

I think any QB would be insane to retire when you're consistently getting double digit wins in each season you're playing, and are considered a SB favorite year in and year out.

I mean unless the preparation and the all the stuff that comes with being a QB in the NFL is becoming too much for him, then by all means.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Ok, but he's not throwing it even better right now.
    Which concerns me. Hopefully it is just a funk that he will soon snap out of, but I guess we will see. We need him to play better than he is right now to get to where we want to be IMO.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Default So is this year it for Manning?

Manning is very erratic right now. He's playing a lot like a gun shy rookie. I think the Rams game really screwed with his psyche. He's staring at the pass rush and throwing off rhythm. He has very little trust in the Oline right now. It's obvious.

They showed a stat today that in 16 drop backs he had 0 hits, sacks, or even hurries. The Oline did a very good job vs a great pass rush today. Normally Manning takes advantage of that, but today he refused to hold the ball for more than 2 seconds and (with the exception of the long balls to Welker and Sanders) his WRs never really had time to get off the jam. All of his throws looked like he was hurried when he wasn't.

I'm happy the running game has been effective, but the passing game should improve because of it, not get markedly worse. I've never seen a team that passes so well have such a reversal. We need to use real play action more and that should help, but Manning needs to snap out of this funk or we're gonna lose to SD next week.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

7. The Following 6 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Which concerns me. Hopefully it is just a funk that he will soon snap out of, but I guess we will see. We need him to play better than he is right now to get to where we want to be IMO.
    There very well could be something wrong with him. We'll never know until the season is over. I agree he does need to play better, but I take a lot of comfort in knowing Peyton is a preparation nut, and a perfectionist, and no one needs to tell him he needs to pick his play up a bit, as winning a football game by throwing no TD's is alarming enough, especially by a Peyton Manning led team.

9. The Following User High Fived tripp For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Manning is very erratic right now. He's playing a lot like a gun shy rookie. I think the Rams game really screwed with his psyche. He's staring at the pass rush and throwing off rhythm. He has very little trust in the Oline right now. It's obvious.

They showed a stat today that in 16 drop backs he had 0 hits, sacks, or even hurries. The Oline did a very good job vs a great pass rush today. Normally Manning takes advantage of that, but today he refused to hold the ball for more than 2 seconds and (with the exception of the long balls to Welker and Sanders) his WRs never really had time to get off the jam. All of his throws looked like he was hurried when he wasn't.

I'm happy the running game has been effective, but the passing game should improve because of it, not get markedly worse. I've never seen a team that passes so well have such a reversal. We need to use real play action more and that should help, but Manning needs to snap out of this funk or we're gonna lose to SD next week.
    Solid points! The Rams game did mess with his psyche.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

IMO Manning is in a slump. Since the Rams game. He is throwing more into less TD over throwing. I hope it is just a slump. I loved seeing the big plays to Sanders early in season. He is now missing those throws.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Theres also the possibility that defenses have caught onto the endless ******* bubble screens and crossing routes.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

But when he was 31 he only threw 31 TD's, and 14 picks. He's 38 and has thrown 36 TD's and is 10-3, if he still has these kind of stats, and is giving us the best possible chance to win, keep on playing till you're 50.
    I dont think he will have a choice in that. Elway was playing fine before he retired but the body wont always allow you to do it as John soon realized.

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis #30

He got crunched into the ground in Foxboro, I think his neck is still a little crunchy from that game in Foxboro?
    Pinched nerves, etc.?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    But when he was 31 he only threw 31 TD's, and 14 picks. He's 38 and has thrown 36 TD's and is 10-3, if he still has these kind of stats, and is giving us the best possible chance to win, keep on playing till you're 50.
    I dont think he will have a choice in that. Elway was playing fine before he retired but the body wont always allow you to do it as John soon realized.
    Elway actually had his share of rough games leading into SB33 and in 97 (4 ints @SD, awful vs NYG, I was there). I don't believe Manning has been as physically battered as Elway was.

The offense is in flux and he can't get hot.

I don't get it after a few games.

Broncos fans and the writers have really been spoiled and when Manning goes, we're all going to live a nightmare.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

18. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Broncos fans and the writers have really been spoiled and when Manning goes, we're all going to live a nightmare.

Some will, some wont. I was ready to rebuild before Manning got here so this is just a blip on the radar really. We took a shot with Manning and will see how it plays out but im more than ready to start building for the future which i know is going to have its own bumps along the way.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Elway actually had his share of rough games leading into SB33 and in 97 (4 ints @SD, awful vs NYG, I was there). I don't believe Manning has been as physically battered as Elway was.

The offense is in flux and he can't get hot.

I don't get it after a few games.

I think the real concern is that Manning hasn't really played well in weeks (since and including the Rams game). He's thrown bad, unforced INTs in like 4 of his last 5 games and if it wasn't for the running game, we'd have lost - badly. Maybe it's just that the offense as a whole is just banged up. Nobody, other than CJ before this week, has looked healthy. JT has missed 4 games now (if you include the Rams game where he left in the 1st qtr), DT has been a little gimpy and getting up slowly, even before the foot, Sanders gets rocked every game which has to be taking its toll whether or not he pops back up, and Welker is a shell of his former self.

Whatever it is, these guys need to tighten up the screws. Our passing game looks old, tired, and like every defense we play knows exactly what's coming. We've revamped the running game, now revamp the passing game some to match. So many times the last 3 weeks, the defense has been begging for play action, yet we don't use it. It's either a fade or bubble screen with no play action, even if the running game is working.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

21. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information