Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: States and teams

Default States and teams

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Major_sports_by_state.svg.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	6192

With all the talk about LA needing a team I decided to look this up, it seems like there are regions that could use one more. They claim Utah has two teams, but I don't count soccer so it only has one. The best solution I see is Oakland moving to LA and keeping the divisions the same.

Thoughts? On any of it, not just nfl
    Free Hotcarl!

2. The Following User High Fived Pudge For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Omaha needs a pro team?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Omaha needs a pro team?
    States with no professional teams:
    Alabama
    Alaska
    Arkansas
    Connecticut
    Delaware
    Hawaii
    Idaho
    Iowa
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Maine
    Mississippi
    Montana
    Nebraska
    Nevada
    New Hampshire
    New Mexico
    North Dakota
    Rhode Island
    South Carolina
    South Dakota
    Vermont
    Virginia
    West Virginia
    Wyoming

I just feel there are regions who don't identify with any team, and would be better fans than a fourth team in California.
    Free Hotcarl!

5. The Following User High Fived Pudge For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    I just feel there are regions who don't identify with any team, and would be better fans than a fourth team in California.
    Or a nineteenth team depending on which way we want this conversation to go
    Free Hotcarl!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Or a nineteenth team depending on which way we want this conversation to go
    Those states have significantly smaller amounts of televisions.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

My favorite sports bar has over 20 televisions, AND free wifi! Does that count?

9. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

I think the only reason Louisville, KY doesn't have a pro basketball team is because the Pacers are too close.

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    I think the only reason Louisville, KY doesn't have a pro basketball team is because the Pacers are too close.
    How big is Louisville? Don't the Cardinals own that town?

I understand that, and its a good point but what I'm getting at is you would get more loyal fans in ignored areas vs packing twenty teams into one state. Plus there are states more populated than states that already have teams. I'm not saying it's the solution I just don't feel California is in desperate need of another team. I'm sick of hearing about how LA needs a team, what they mean to say is the raiders suck and we don't want to be associated with them any longer
    Free Hotcarl!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    How big is Louisville? Don't the Cardinals own that town?
    I'd say half of Louisville likes Kentucky.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I understand that, and its a good point but what I'm getting at is you would get more loyal fans in ignored areas vs packing twenty teams into one state. Plus there are states more populated than states that already have teams. I'm not saying it's the solution I just don't feel California is in desperate need of another team. I'm sick of hearing about how LA needs a team, what they mean to say is the raiders suck and we don't want to be associated with them any longer
    That's the thing. I don't think L.A. really gives a shit. But the NFL wants that market. You might be right about other areas, say Louisville or Nashville for basketball. Las Vegas could absolutely support an NBA team as well. Omaha would probably be a decent spot for a NFL or MLB team. But those leagues want bigger markets because the television contracts equal more money. That's why you hear Toronto and London mentioned. Massive markets compared to those four cities above.

I'm curious as to how a college team like Kentucky basketball or Texas football competes moneywise with some pro teams.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

This claims Texas' revenue is astronomical.

http://mobile.sportingnews.com/artic...cReQVQTpLWxR0-

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i agree pudge, but also about Kansas, Kansas City even thou in MO, is rooted for by most people from rest of Kansas.

18. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Lol do you guys even know the population in Cali? Let alone in LA?
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

20. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information