Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Good/bad Broncos vs. Dolphins

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...seasonType=REG

Defensive Backs per NFL Player Rankings.

I'm just not that impressed with him for the money we spend on him. Roby is rated 10 spots higher than him.
    I agree that he hasn't been as good as we had hoped so far. But I don't know how they measure stats on the link you posted. According to that, Ward is our best DB, and Harris is listed as #100, tied with Revis and some others. So I'll take that with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I agree that he hasn't been as good as we had hoped so far. But I don't know how they measure stats on the link you posted. According to that, Ward is our best DB, and Harris is listed as #100, tied with Revis and some others. So I'll take that with a grain of salt.
    I didn't look too far into it. My dad and I were just talking about Talib and he pulled that up and we wondered how Roby tested higher, but didn't go too much further into it....probably because it fit into our negative talk about not liking what he has brought to the table for the money spent.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...seasonType=REG

Defensive Backs per NFL Player Rankings.

I'm just not that impressed with him for the money we spend on him. Roby is rated 10 spots higher than him.
    I read somewhere that Talib does best with press man coverage but we don't have him playing that style.

4. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

Did some more digging and the first thing I see is DT is at #1 and Sanders is at #4 in Receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I read somewhere that Talib does best with press man coverage but we don't have him playing that style.
    That is something I don't understand. If you are a good DC, wouldn't you key in on each players strength and build around that. Is Del Rio so tied into HIS style that he won't make changes to get the best out of the guys actually playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    That's what I'm thinking. I'm not sure why they're not playing into his style. They got him here, shouldn't they allow him to do what he does best?

Did some more digging and the first thing I see is DT is at #1 and Sanders is at #4 in Receivers.
    Well, I can't argue with those numbers I believe for WR's it's based on yardage, and DT is indeed number one in that category to date.

Picking up Sanders was pure genius and I don't know what else to say on that.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Picking up Sanders was pure genius and I don't know what else to say on that.
    He is just crazy good. I don't know if he just wasn't trying in Pittsburgh or if they were just horribly misusing him.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    It was so frustrating I finally had to turn it off. There was one play in the third quarter where the Dolphins had a 3rd and 7 or 8 in their own territory and Tannehill went back to pass. A lineman broke free and was about to clobber Tannehill when he let loose a floater toward the sideline. The receiver caught it about three yards short of the first down and we have two defenders there to stop him but both defenders knock each other off the play and the receiver gets the first down. Now we have another guy in position to knock him out of bounds but the receiver cuts back toward the middle and runs past him then another defender catches the receiver further downfield and knocks the ball loose. We have two guys there to fall on the ball but it gets away from both of them and a Miami player trailing the play falls on it.

So we *almost* had a sack, we *almost* stopped the receiver short of the first down and *almost* recovered a fumble but managed to do none of those things. I could take it anymore. Glad they came back to win it.
    The play that was worse, IMO, was when the Dolphins were in the red zone and Jackson batted a 3rd down pass that Von intercepted. Von then tried to run and break tackles instead of just falling on it and giving the offense the ball and he was stripped and the Dolphins recovered it. I was so pissed I was screaming at the TV.

It didn't matter much because there was a ticky tack defensive holding that nullified all of it but it was another one of those mental errors that changes games. Miami got there TD anyway.

Someone pointed out that Miami's offense didn't get a single penalty yesterday. There's a reason our pass rush wasn't good yesterday. They were being held and not flagged. Von got tackled at least 3 times.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    The play that was worse, IMO, was when the Dolphins were in the red zone and Jackson batted a 3rd down pass that Von intercepted. Von then tried to run and break tackles instead of just falling on it and giving the offense the ball and he was stripped and the Dolphins recovered it. I was so pissed I was screaming at the TV.

It didn't matter much because there was a ticky tack defensive holding that nullified all of it but it was another one of those mental errors that changes games. Miami got there TD anyway.

Someone pointed out that Miami's offense didn't get a single penalty yesterday. There's a reason our pass rush wasn't good yesterday. They were being held and not flagged. Von got tackled at least 3 times.
    The weird thing to me is that on that play the referees didn't seem to treat it as a change of possession. Maybe they already knew that it was going to be a defensive holding call, but it's as though they were treating it as a fumble that Von never fully possessed, even though he clearly did. If I'm not mistaken, they initially marked it down like it was going to be 4th down for Miami, even though it should have been 1st and 10.

The holding call might have been slightly less mentally deflating than Von fumbling, even though the outcome would have been the same either way.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    He is just crazy good. I don't know if he just wasn't trying in Pittsburgh or if they were just horribly misusing him.
    I liked him in Pitt, I was elated when we signed him. Pitt is a weird team to judge receivers on because Ben hangs on to the ball for so long its usually the guys that are coming back towards the ball that get targeted.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Plus Ben's not the leader that Manning is. So I'm told.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

At the same time of having Orlando on your bad for one penalty, I thought he had a damn good game yesterday. He opened up a lot of holes for CJ to run through. Shlereth even directly tweeted him last night telling him what a good game he had.
    I agree, the O had a monster game.

Cute avy pic Gem!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information