Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 59

Thread: Favorite burger chain map

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    17,782

    Default Favorite burger chain map

    So this map is supposed to show the favorite burger chain by area...



    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Makes sense. Whataburgers are very Texan - big slabs of meat, western-style trimmings and sauces. Not much else. My favorite is the A-1 Thick 'n Hardy which is a double cheeseburger with chopped onions and A-1 sauce. Yum.

    Austin has this fixation about being Californian in every way so all the Cali burger chains are out here now. Not impressed.

    I ate Hardee's when I lived briefly in the South and while the burgers aren't anything particularly special, I love the in-your-face ad campaigns against health nazis and environazis. It's as if they are saying "we love eating big, juicy hamburgers and f-you if you don't like it." Gotta love the companies that don't cower in fear.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

  3. #3

    Default

    Big fan of Whataburger, White Castles, Hardees $6 dollar burger and 5 Guys.

    Carl's Jr is basically the same thing as Hardees I think.

    I haven't had Krystal or In and Out. Would love to try them.

    The burgers here suck. The beef is always too dry.

  4. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:


  5. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tracy, CA
    Posts
    17,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Makes sense. Whataburgers are very Texan - big slabs of meat, western-style trimmings and sauces. Not much else. My favorite is the A-1 Thick 'n Hardy which is a double cheeseburger with chopped onions and A-1 sauce. Yum.

    Austin has this fixation about being Californian in every way so all the Cali burger chains are out here now. Not impressed.

    I ate Hardee's when I lived briefly in the South and while the burgers aren't anything particularly special, I love the in-your-face ad campaigns against health nazis and environazis. It's as if they are saying "we love eating big, juicy hamburgers and f-you if you don't like it." Gotta love the companies that don't cower in fear.
    Texas has In n Out?
    "Precision beats power. Timing beats speed" - Conor McGregor

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    17,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Big fan of Whataburger, White Castles, Hardees $6 dollar burger and 5 Guys.

    Carl's Jr is basically the same thing as Hardees I think.

    I haven't had Krystal or In and Out. Would love to try them.

    The burgers here suck. The beef is always too dry.
    haven't had Whataburger yet, going to try it when Im in Florida, as well as Habitburger.

    Yes Carl's Jr is basically Hardees with a little more burgers on the menu and a lot of them have Green Burrito as well.


    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.

  7. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:


  8. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    22,584

    Default

    That's weird because I just do't believe our area's favorite burger is Steak-n-Shake.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wolfe
    Posts
    25,849

    Default

    In-n-out FTW IMO.

    However, if I have to pick a favorite, it will be a local place, non-chain, every time.

  10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:


  11. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam
    Posts
    35,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    In-n-out FTW IMO. However, if I have to pick a favorite, it will be a local place, non-chain, every time.
    KGB FTW. Not a chain but amazing food.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Adopted Bronco:
    Joe Woods
    Posts
    23,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    In-n-out FTW IMO.

    However, if I have to pick a favorite, it will be a local place, non-chain, every time.
    High-Fived for local.

    From that list, I have to pick Whataburger. They have an awesome green chile cheeseburger from time to time. Great breakfasts too.

    Sonic, Five Guys, In-N-Out, and Steak & Shake are near the top of the list as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    We have lost NTL forever to the elitist crowd. Big green egg, home brew, hot latina wife, ...

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    30,803

    Default

    Smashburger is probably our favorite.

  14. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:


  15. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wolfe
    Posts
    25,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Smashburger is probably our favorite.
    Haven't been. Not burger, but local, when I was out visiting Dad last time I went to a cafe in castle rock, I think it was called just castle cafe, best fried chicken ever. I give it 6 stars.

  16. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:


  17. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Adopted Bronco:
    Joe Woods
    Posts
    23,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Haven't been. Not burger, but local, when I was out visiting Dad last time I went to a cafe in castle rock, I think it was called just castle cafe, best fried chicken ever. I give it 6 stars.
    If you ever make it to Oklahoma, let me know. OKC is like mecca for fried chicken, but the best spot is a little bar out in Okarche, Ok. Oldest bar in Oklahoma, and the menu is pretty much just fried chicken and fried okra with a few other sides. They give you a piece of wax paper, and some napkins/paper towels. Order up a beer, chicken and okra, and they serve it with white bread, and pickles.

    Best I've ever had. Eischen's Bar is the name. They were on Diners Drive-ins and Dives a few years ago. I was proud that I'd been there many times before that jackass showed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    We have lost NTL forever to the elitist crowd. Big green egg, home brew, hot latina wife, ...

  18. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:


  19. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    17,782

    Default

    I dont have a favorite non-chain burger in my city but when Im in Calgary I love Boogies Burgers.


    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.

  20. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    You'll notice the major American chains (McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's) don't show up much even though they are making money by the boatload. I don't think they are loved as much as they are omnipresent.

    Yes, there's an In N Out within walking distance from where I live. Built this past summer. The first two weeks, traffic was out the door and down the block. Now, it's a big yawn. Rarely see more than a few cars there.

    I also agree on local burger places. Particularly barbecue places will make some terrific burgers.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

  21. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    17,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    You'll notice the major American chains (McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's) don't show up much even though they are making money by the boatload. I don't think they are loved as much as they are omnipresent.

    Yes, there's an In N Out within walking distance from where I live. Built this past summer. The first two weeks, traffic was out the door and down the block. Now, it's a big yawn. Rarely see more than a few cars there.

    I also agree on local burger places. Particularly barbecue places will make some terrific burgers.
    Thats how Five Guys was here, I love that place though


    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
dedicated servers
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group