Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Schlereth on O-line: "They need to fire them all and start over"

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I've been on Ramirez's case all year, but he answered the bell yesterday. The line responded to criticism. Check these out:

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1h1 hour ago

I'm no Pro Football Focus expert but as I re watch the first half RT Louis Vasquez dominated Cameron Wake

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 17m17 minutes ago

Top-rated @Broncos, per @PFF: Ramirez (+5.2), Miller (+4.5), Anderson (+4.2), Franklin (+3.7), Vasquez (+3.2), Montgomery (+3.1).

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 8m8 minutes ago

Every @Broncos starting O-lineman was at least +1.7 Sunday on @PFF's grading. Starting OL + Cornick = combined +18.4 rating.
    This is what we were hoping for all year long. That Orlando Franklin would fire out and HIT somebody and get to the 2nd level, that Manny Ramirez would punish somebody and get to the 2nd level, that there would be holes and cut-back lanes for the RBs, and that a RB would have a huge day.

This is going to be key going forward. Of course the Chiefs are a tougher defense than the Dolphins. Chiefs have the #1 pass defense in the NFL (198 yards a game). Broncos have the #2 passing offense (behind the Colts). Something is going to have to give.

Meanwhile however, the Chiefs are giving up 5.0 yards per rush attempt (& 130 yards/game). They're much worse than the Dolphins or Broncos (who are #2 in rush defense giving up 75 yards a game). Hopefully, the Broncos can continue to run the ball effectively, because that's the weakness of the Chief's defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    This is what we were hoping for all year long. That Orlando Franklin would fire out and HIT somebody and get to the 2nd level, that Manny Ramirez would punish somebody and get to the 2nd level, that there would be holes and cut-back lanes for the RBs, and that a RB would have a huge day.

This is going to be key going forward. Of course the Chiefs are a tougher defense than the Dolphins. Chiefs have the #1 pass defense in the NFL (198 yards a game). Broncos have the #2 passing offense (behind the Colts). Something is going to have to give.

Meanwhile however, the Chiefs are giving up 5.0 yards per rush attempt (& 130 yards/game). They're much worse than the Dolphins or Broncos (who are #2 in rush defense giving up 75 yards a game). Hopefully, the Broncos can continue to run the ball effectively, because that's the weakness of the Chief's defense.
    I posted something similar in another thread. I don't think we CAN'T pass on the Chiefs, but I think that they can be had on the ground, which would be my emphasis this week in practice. Long, soul sucking drives where we run it down their throats is a great recipe for taking the crowd out of a game.

I posted something similar in another thread. I don't think we CAN'T pass on the Chiefs, but I think that they can be had on the ground, which would be my emphasis this week in practice. Long, soul sucking drives where we run it down their throats is a great recipe for taking the crowd out of a game.
    Ball control will be especially important because the Chiefs run the ball so effectively.

Just look at this video of Jamal Charles against the Seahawks defense. It's just a brutal beat-down he puts on them.

You know they are going to come out and try and run the ball down the Broncos throats, control the clock and keep the ball out of Peyton's hands. It's going to take a total team effort to beat them.

And I would completely throw out the Thursday night loss against the Raiders. Short week to prepare, travel, playing on 4 days rest after a brutally physical game against the Seahawks. Just the sort of weird crap you get on Thursday night games. Probably the only game the Raiders win all year.

The Chiefs team you're going to see on 10 days rest at home is the one that punished Seattle. Jamal Charles, 20 attempts for 153 yards and 2 TDs, he had 11 first downs rushing, plus 2 catches for 19 yards. Total yards = 172 and 2 TDs.
    Last edited by Cugel; 11-24-2014 at 04:33 PM.

Ball control will be especially important because the Chiefs run the ball so effectively.

Just look at this video of Jamal Charles against the Seahawks defense. It's just a brutal beat-down he puts on them.

You know they are going to come out and try and run the ball down the Broncos throats, control the clock and keep the ball out of Peyton's hands. It's going to take a total team effort to beat them.

And I would completely throw out the Thursday night loss against the Raiders. Short week to prepare, travel, playing on 4 days rest after a brutally physical game against the Seahawks. Just the sort of weird crap you get on Thursday night games. Probably the only game the Raiders win all year.

The Chiefs team you're going to see on 10 days rest at home is the one that punished Seattle. Jamal Charles, 20 attempts for 153 yards and 2 TDs, he had 11 first downs rushing, plus 2 catches for 19 yards. Total yards = 172 and 2 TDs.
    Totally agree on the bolded part. I said at the time that the loss to the Raiders in no way makes the Chiefs less dangerous.

Our run defense has been slightly suspect the last couple of weeks after being the best in the league before then. We will need them to be at their best to stop Charles.

We really need Brandon Marshall for this game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Totally agree on the bolded part. I said at the time that the loss to the Raiders in no way makes the Chiefs less dangerous.

Our run defense has been slightly suspect the last couple of weeks after being the best in the league before then. We will need them to be at their best to stop Charles.
    I wouldn't dismiss that game. The Raiders picked on Ron Parker. He's out of his element in the Man-Cover 1/Cover 2 scheme. Chiefs love to blitz and Manning is the man against that. I haven't watched any of the Seahawks game yet, but I'd bet the Seahawks tried to run and didn't attack the secondary early.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I wouldn't dismiss that game. The Raiders picked on Ron Parker. He's out of his element in the Man-Cover 1/Cover 2 scheme. Chiefs love to blitz and Manning is the man against that. I haven't watched any of the Seahawks game yet, but I'd bet the Seahawks tried to run and didn't attack the secondary early.
    Take a look at the video in the link I provided. It's a Jamal Charles highlight reel. You might think that is a season re-cap of his best plays of the year, but it's all from one game! He just utterly single-handedly destroys that Seahawks defense. 20 rushes for 153 and 2 TDs, plus 19 yards receiving.

It almost didn't matter what the Seattle offense did. They barely could get on the field. Charles had 11 first downs rushing. Eleven.

Of course they are going to try and do the same thing to the Broncos. Why wouldn't they?

As for the Thursday night game, have you not noticed that Thursday night games are weird? It's trial by ambush. You can't get ready in that time. Usually the road team is at a huge disadvantage.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Take a look at the video in the link I provided. It's a Jamal Charles highlight reel. You might think that is a season re-cap of his best plays of the year, but it's all from one game! He just utterly single-handedly destroys that Seahawks defense. 20 rushes for 153 and 2 TDs, plus 19 yards receiving.

It almost didn't matter what the Seattle offense did. They barely could get on the field. Charles had 11 first downs rushing. Eleven.

Of course they are going to try and do the same thing to the Broncos. Why wouldn't they?

As for the Thursday night game, have you not noticed that Thursday night games are weird? It's trial by ambush. You can't get ready in that time. Usually the road team is at a huge disadvantage.
    Yes - only the Chiefs were the only team affected by playing on a Thursday. LOL. Moron.

Charles is an outstanding player. Just because he did that against the Seahawks, doesn't mean he'll do it against us.

Did you see CJ Anderson's game last week? He ran for 167 on 27 carries and 1 TD plus 28 yards receiving. I have no idea how many first downs he got, but there were a bunch.

Of course the Broncos are going to try and do the same thing to the Chiefs. Why wouldn't they?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information