Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Schlereth on O-line: "They need to fire them all and start over"

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    So Cugel is the rude version of Joel?
    Hey, now! Be fair! I never said anything good about Tebow and I never will!

P.S. "God bless!"

2. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    If you beat the 49ers so badly you brought out Oz in the 4th. Use that O-line. Something worked. Period. Something isn't clicking with the O-line, so resort back to what you were doing previously.
    Hey, I'm for anything that might work. But you have to remember that the Broncos beat a banged up S.F. team that was missing a bunch of starters, including their best rusher Aldon Smith, and Navarro Bowman, etc., etc. That team is currently 6-4 and are unlikely to make the playoffs this season.

The Broncos have played worse in every game since then. Personally, I'm looking for them to turn it around. Maybe the OL will get angry at all the negative publicity and hit somebody in the mouth this Sunday. They'd better, because that is one tough defense they are facing.

And the Chiefs are even tougher on D.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    How dare he question your football authoritay!
    He can question all he likes, but a constant stream of personal insults followed by a sig denying they're insults is hypocritical. And yes, questioning my "jock cred" and playing the anti-intellectual card is personal.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Hey, I'm for anything that might work. But you have to remember that the Broncos beat a banged up S.F. team that was missing a bunch of starters, including their best rusher Aldon Smith, and Navarro Bowman, etc., etc. That team is currently 6-4 and are unlikely to make the playoffs this season.

The Broncos have played worse in every game since then. Personally, I'm looking for them to turn it around. Maybe the OL will get angry at all the negative publicity and hit somebody in the mouth this Sunday. They'd better, because that is one tough defense they are facing.

And the Chiefs are even tougher on D.
    Most every good team we played the first half of the season was banged up and missing multiple key starters; even on Opening Day, Indy managed to lose Robert Mathis. We, on the other hand, were pretty healthy until Trevathan went down, and otherwise healthy for some time thereafter; sure, we lost Ball, but that wasn't losing MUCH since all his successors have outplayed him. Now we're the ones losing starters as SD and KC begin getting theirs back, plus we'll be on the road for the rematches instead of at home.

Coming into the season, it looked like all our tough games were early, but that may not be how it's working out, and maybe that makes sense: Seasons tend to get harder rather than easier with time.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Especially when people a lot smarter than us rate him as the most efficient pass blocking tackle in the entire league.

Man, what a **** up it was to follow Joel's wishes and move Franklin to guard.
    I was wrong right there with Joel, Franklin just hasn't made the adjustment to G, he's a hell of a RT tho. I thought he'd be Carl Nicks at LG, true story.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

7. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

I was wrong right there with Joel, Franklin just hasn't made the adjustment to G, he's a hell of a RT tho. I thought he'd be Carl Nicks at LG, true story.
    Do you mean "it was Hell when he was at RT"? That would be more accurate. He's always had slow feet and a RT with slow feet is a problem. That's why they moved him inside. It wasn't some mystery decision they did for no reason. They saw him as a liability in pass-coverage.

I thought he'd be at least adequate at LG, but he hasn't even been that. I don't know why. If you've ever stood next to him you know he's just absolutely the most immense man-mountain. He's friggin' HUGE. He even dwarfs other NFL players.

He should be able to just dominate DL inside with his strength and fire through them into the next level, but he hasn't done that for whatever reason. Probably some technique issue.

But they put him inside with the idea that he would be a big body in a small space. Hasn't worked that way.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I agree, Franklin sucks in pass-coverage.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Well, at least I'm glad I was right about this:

Other than Franklin's idiotic penalty the OL played better. A LOT of this was due to the blocking of Virgil Green. They missed him badly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I want someone to tell me, or better yet show me, how Franklin's penalty was even a penalty. He flew off the ball and attacked a outside linebacker. I never saw a hold. I saw three shoves and he didn't even grab inside let alone outside. It was a terrible penalty call.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I was waiting for a replay too but they went with the Cowballs promo, I hit rewind on DVR and didn't see much.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I was waiting for a replay too but they went with the Cowballs promo, I hit rewind on DVR and didn't see much.
    I did too. I saw nothing warranting a penalty.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

DT's OPI was BS too, that's nothing we don't see the Gronkowski's and Gates's do to Denver week after week.

Also, when it comes to the OL's penalties it'd be nice if people actually acknowledged the stress this offense puts on its OL to hold their water.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

16. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I want someone to tell me, or better yet show me, how Franklin's penalty was even a penalty. He flew off the ball and attacked a outside linebacker. I never saw a hold. I saw three shoves and he didn't even grab inside let alone outside. It was a terrible penalty call.
    Yet they didn't call the blatant holding of Von on that last Miami drive. Dude had him by the collar of his jersey and was hanging on for dear life.

I've been on Ramirez's case all year, but he answered the bell yesterday. The line responded to criticism. Check these out:

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1h1 hour ago

I'm no Pro Football Focus expert but as I re watch the first half RT Louis Vasquez dominated Cameron Wake

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 17m17 minutes ago

Top-rated @Broncos, per @PFF: Ramirez (+5.2), Miller (+4.5), Anderson (+4.2), Franklin (+3.7), Vasquez (+3.2), Montgomery (+3.1).

Andrew Mason ‏@MaseDenver 8m8 minutes ago

Every @Broncos starting O-lineman was at least +1.7 Sunday on @PFF's grading. Starting OL + Cornick = combined +18.4 rating.

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Yet they didn't call the blatant holding of Von on that last Miami drive. Dude had him by the collar of his jersey and was hanging on for dear life.
    He was holding Von all damn day and Von still got close.

21. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information