Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: DISH customers could lose CBS on Thursday if no new contract is made

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I forget the name of the parent company but I believe they own CBS, Turner, CNN, MTV and a few other channels. That's how they negotiate. Agree to our price increase or we pull the plug on all these channels.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I forget the name of the parent company but I believe they own CBS, Turner, CNN, MTV and a few other channels. That's how they negotiate. Agree to our price increase or we pull the plug on all these channels.
    I don't know about CBS. They say they're negotiating with Turner and that's why they won't show CNN, Cartoon Network, and a few other channels. I'm pretty sure MTV and CBS is still on. I'm mostly worried about Cartoon Network.

I went to cancel Dish today and they gave me $15 off per month with no contractual obligation

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Dish owns sling. Well, Dish's parent company EchoStar owns sling. They've incorporated it into their receivers.
    The hopper is the only receiver they have that does that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I went to cancel Dish today and they gave me $15 off per month with no contractual obligation
    You mean Patel in India gave you $15 off per month.

I still would've canceled their shit service.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    You mean Patel in India gave you $15 off per month.

I still would've canceled their shit service.
    Lol, no, he was in Texas. They don't let their outsourced labor negotiate. Although I do find it hilarious when some dude from the Middle east tells me he has some American name, like Bob. I honestly don't know why they outsource. The majority of my experiences with them were bad.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Lol, no, he was in Texas. They don't let their outsourced labor negotiate. Although I do find it hilarious when some dude from the Middle east tells me he has some American name, like Bob. I honestly don't know why they outsource. The majority of my experiences with them were bad.
    That's exactly why I canceled Dish.

I'm not sure if Direct outsources their customer service. If not, they should. It's the absolute worst that I've had to deal with.

A guy told me the India guy one time used the name Mike Jones. I guess because it was simple and Americanized. Of course, that was bout the time the rapper was popular. He kept asking "who"? And the Indian guy kept saying "Mike Jones". My friend couldn't stop laughing and finally hung up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    I'm not sure if Direct outsources their customer service. If not, they should. It's the absolute worst that I've had to deal with.
    Directv's customer service centers are in America and when they answer the phone they tell you what center you're calling. Last time I called I got Dave in Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Directv's customer service centers are in America and when they answer the phone they tell you what center you're calling. Last time I called I got Dave in Dallas.
    I guess I could have copied the names and centers of the crappy reps I spoke with. I'm not sure it would have helped. It's probably not their fault anyway. Poor management and a poor customer service plan.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

No CBS would mean no AFC or SEC football.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    No CBS would mean no AFC or SEC football.
    They have CBS now

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information