Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: DISH customers could lose CBS on Thursday if no new contract is made

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Hey Joe, how are all those free channels treating ya?
    Awesomely.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Yes, I'm in an apartment & my TV is set to antenna. I don't know if this is a factor or not, but I do live in the 2nd cheapest apartment in town (the cheapest wouldn't fix my a/c when it went out in the middle of summer). Maybe the coax my apartment uses is the cheapest they can find & therefore doesn't provide the protection that it should.
    That, or many of the older complexes also had an antenna somewhere, piggybacking off the existing cable structure. The only other answer is without a cable box, you can still get some channels - just not very many - from the cable company. They can't stop the signal to a single unit in an apartment complex.

Have you done a scan? Are you picking up subchannels (i.e. Denver's channel 9 has 9.1, 9.3, 9.5, etc.). If not, it's picking up a basic cable signal and not OTA.

Just curious.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    That, or many of the older complexes also had an antenna somewhere, piggybacking off the existing cable structure. The only other answer is without a cable box, you can still get some channels - just not very many - from the cable company. They can't stop the signal to a single unit in an apartment complex.

Have you done a scan? Are you picking up subchannels (i.e. Denver's channel 9 has 9.1, 9.3, 9.5, etc.). If not, it's picking up a basic cable signal and not OTA.

Just curious.
    If by scanning you mean redoing the installation process since doing the switch, yes.

No, I don't have any sub channels, but I do have the Whether Channel. However, I don't have the local Spanish Channels nor TBN (Religious). I didn't mention their absence before because I don't watch them anyways.

My full list of channels, which are actually arrange according to where they're located on Cox:

3 (Ind)
    5 (CBS)
    6 (CW)
    7 (Infomercials)
    8 (PBS)
    9 (Channel 45 - UPN)
    10 (FOX)
    11 (Local Government)
    12 (NBC)
    13 (AZTV - Low Budget Ind.)
    19 (Weather Channel)

So your assertion that I'm actually picking up basic cable from my neighbors does seem to be more consistent with what I'm getting then my original theory of my cable wiring being a mega antenna. However; I'm not getting WGN, TBS, ION, the Spanish, Religous & a couple of the other infomercial channels that I did get with basic cable.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

6. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

If by scanning you mean redoing the installation process since doing the switch, yes.

No, I don't have any sub channels, but I do have the Whether Channel. However, I don't have the local Spanish Channels nor TBN (Religious). I didn't mention their absence before because I don't watch them anyways.

My full list of channels, which are actually arrange according to where they're located on Cox:

3 (Ind)
    5 (CBS)
    6 (CW)
    7 (Infomercials)
    8 (PBS)
    9 (Channel 45 - UPN)
    10 (FOX)
    11 (Local Government)
    12 (NBC)
    13 (AZTV - Low Budget Ind.)
    19 (Weather Channel)

So your assertion that I'm actually picking up basic cable from my neighbors does seem to be more consistent with what I'm getting then my original theory of my cable wiring being a mega antenna. However; I'm not getting WGN, TBS, ION, the Spanish, Religous & a couple of the other infomercial channels that I did get with basic cable.
    Yes, you're getting basic cable since the cable company runs service throughout the building. Without a box, you don't get the channels in the higher channel ranges. You're in COX territory, so I don't know how their lineup works, but that's what it sounds like.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Yes, you're getting basic cable since the cable company runs service throughout the building. Without a box, you don't get the channels in the higher channel ranges. You're in COX territory, so I don't know how their lineup works, but that's what it sounds like.
    Just for the fun of it, I decided to try re-installing using the cable setting instead of antenna, I've now got...

Digital Channels: 55
    Analog Channels: 24

Yes, their are a lot of subchannels include, most of which appear to be redundant channels. I can't say for sure yet, but it appears that several of them are 24/7 local news stations. It also appears that I've also got all of the basic channels, as well as AN ESPN Channel (not the main one), but noting more.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Just for the fun of it, I decided to try re-installing using the cable setting instead of antenna, I've now got...

Digital Channels: 55
    Analog Channels: 24

Yes, their are a lot of subchannels include, most of which appear to be redundant channels. I can't say for sure yet, but it appears that several of them are 24/7 local news stations. It also appears that I've also got all of the basic channels, as well as AN ESPN Channel (not the main one), but noting more.
    You're still getting a cable feed.

I think it's pretty cool that I can watch Dish anywhere on my phone or tablet.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    I think it's pretty cool that I can watch Dish anywhere on my phone or tablet.
    Do you have a sling adapter?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Do you have a sling adapter?
    Dish owns sling. Well, Dish's parent company EchoStar owns sling. They've incorporated it into their receivers.

What Joe said.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I have Dish and I still have CBS.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

16. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    For now.

Jesus. Get away from that shitty company!

18. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

SR

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I knew there was something I liked about you.

All of Turner's channels are off. I'm not sure if anyone said that. I thought it was nice of them to take CNN.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    All of Turner's channels are off. I'm not sure if anyone said that. I thought it was nice of them to take CNN.
    That's the least they could do
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

22. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information