Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Our Greatest Strength is Our Greatest Weakness

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Default Denver Broncos offensive line is NFL's most penalized unit

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/1...penalized-unit

This is a coaching problem. Mental errors and execution issues are not excuses, John Fox, they are coaching failures. It seems, from the outside looking in, that you have lost the trust in some of your players, but your players are losing their trust in you. It's time to go get it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived OB For This Post:

Joel, SR

That really says it all. Maybe Franklin WAS a top rated lineman his rookie year, but he's had more penalties EVERY season since, and is on pace to do so for the third straight time. No, he's not the only problem, but in terms of correlating penalties with underperformance and increasing penalties with poor coaching, he makes a fine posterchild, because his penalty frequency has steadily and unceasingly risen since we drafted him, and that shouldn't happen to ANY starting NFL lineman. But who's been his coach since we drafted him...?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by broncobryce View Post
    The broncos made their bed
    You say that like it's a bad thing?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Wow, in this one thread this team went from being a record setting offense with issues on the OL to being a One-Man-Waste-Of-Money. The Broncos literally did everything those idiots were saying they couldn't do when they signed Manning to his contract, can't sign All-Pro FA's, can't build the defense, can't do this, can't do that.

Bitch please! No team has done more to win a SB than the Denver Broncos since signing Manning. Tuck in your skirts, ladies, a little adversity and you wanna give up, this is the exact same "Punched in the mouth and quit" mentality we've been blasting the Broncos for.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Wow, in this one thread this team went from being a record setting offense with issues on the OL to being a One-Man-Waste-Of-Money. The Broncos literally did everything those idiots were saying they couldn't do when they signed Manning to his contract, can't sign All-Pro FA's, can't build the defense, can't do this, can't do that.

Bitch please! No team has done more to win a SB than the Denver Broncos since signing Manning. Tuck in your skirts, ladies, a little adversity and you wanna give up, this is the exact same "Punched in the mouth and quit" mentality we've been blasting the Broncos for.
    You should post in the politics forum - because you are awesome!

8. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by daveaitken18 View Post
    You should post in the politics forum - because you are awesome!
    I am so.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

10. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

We've seen this team get punched in the mouth and lay down a few times. It was nice to see them respond the way they did today. This was a great win. Had they just blown Miami out, I don't think it would have been as impressive.

It was really nice to see the team step up and take some of the pressure off of Manning.

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Put Manning under center, play 2 TE's on a number of occasions, add C.J. Anderson, allow the OL to do some sound aggressive drive blocking, and good things happened. Play action worked great, and the offense racked up production even with PMFM being a bit off with his deep ball.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

One of Manning's last TD throws was a rocket. Im not sure he showed similar arm strength all season long. I am also not sure it wasnt a result of his arm being fresh thanks to some healthy runs!

16. The Following User High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Put Manning under center, play 2 TE's on a number of occasions, add C.J. Anderson, allow the OL to do some sound aggressive drive blocking, and good things happened. Play action worked great, and the offense racked up production even with PMFM being a bit off with his deep ball.
    C.J. Anderson's success was out of the shotgun.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    C.J. Anderson's success was out of the shotgun.
    C. J. Anderson's success was all over the freaking place!

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    C. J. Anderson's success was all over the freaking place!
    I agree. But I don't want to hear about how you can't run out of the shotgun when Anderson had 16 carries for 103 yards and a touchdown in the gun and 11 for 64 from under center.

Without the garbage time 26 yard run, Anderson was only 10 for 39 from under center.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Fwiw, Chad Brown bashed running out of shotgun and pistol this week on Dmac/Big Al, I don't have as much of a problem with it as long as it's not a staple like it was tonight.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Fwiw, Chad Brown bashed running out of shotgun and pistol this week on Dmac/Big Al, I don't have as much of a problem with it as long as it's not a staple like it was tonight.
    Really?

Even when it's more effective?

Amazing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Perhaps the shotgun/pistol running was more effective because the Broncos established some run from C looks.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information