Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Issue with the mobile app (android)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Default Issue with the mobile app (android)

So I do most of my posting from the mobile app, and this is a minor issue, but kinda annoying. When I hit "home" (Which is kinda the mobile app equivalent of "new posts) it doesn't show all of the threads. Especially threads outside the main football forums. Some examples are the college football thread and threads from the lounge. Is there any possible fix for this?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    So I do most of my posting from the mobile app, and this is a minor issue, but kinda annoying. When I hit "home" (Which is kinda the mobile app equivalent of "new posts) it doesn't show all of the threads. Especially threads outside the main football forums. Some examples are the college football thread and threads from the lounge. Is there any possible fix for this?
    That's why I switched to forum runner. I missed out on so many new posts.
    Free Hotcarl!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge View Post
    That's why I switched to forum runner. I missed out on so many new posts.
    I've been having shit loads of issues with forum runner.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

4. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I've been having shit loads of issues with forum runner.
    Ditto. Crashes constantly. Can't click on any posted link otherwise, crash. This is iPhone though, which it seems like few use here.

Used to work a lot better.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Ditto. Crashes constantly. Can't click on any posted link otherwise, crash. This is iPhone though, which it seems like few use here. Used to work a lot better.
    It all started after the iOS8 upgrade. It does seem to happen less on wifi than LTE.

I'll see what I can find out. Unless something changed, I think we may be locked in with the level of mobile app unless I upgrade to VB5, which I've been putting off, because they made some fairly drastic changes and I'm not sure if things like the high five and such will work with it (some of those were third party plugins that aren't being actively developed).

I'm about to leave on a business trip, but if I get some downtime, or after I get back, I'll dig in and find out if upgrading just the mobile app is possible. If not, I'll get a copy of BF on a test server and see if we can upgrade to vB 5.x while keeping most of the feel/function we currently have.

A lot of sites left VB over how bad VB 5.x is, but last time I checked, it was still the best around for many reasons. The popularity of Facebook resulted in companies like vBulletin trying to make their product "Facebook like".

It all started after the iOS8 upgrade. It does seem to happen less on wifi than LTE.
    Wifi doesn't help me at all. Just as bad as LTE. Restarting the app 3-4 times a visit has just become part of the experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Wifi doesn't help me at all. Just as bad as LTE. Restarting the app 3-4 times a visit has just become part of the experience.
    Same with me. Also clicking on any embedded links or videos is a guaranteed shut down. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalled the app numerous times and obviously that doesn't help.

Same with me. Also clicking on any embedded links or videos is a guaranteed shut down. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalled the app numerous times and obviously that doesn't help.
    I did some quick research, and this doesn't look good:

http://www.forumrunner.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8937

vBulletin's parent company bought Forum Runner a couple years ago, and unfortunately, it seems like they have nearly stopped support for it, pushing people to the vB mobile suite, which previously, was buggy as hell.

I'll do some research and see if I can get the mobile suite updated while still staying on 4.xx of VB and if not, then I will have to take the steps I outlined above. If we need to upgrade the forum, I don't think we can do it during the season.

After this upcoming trip, I'll dig into it in detail.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Don't worry about it, Tned. Those experiencing problems don't contribute much anyway.

- obvious sarcasm...

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

I use chrome. It works just fine.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I did some quick research, and this doesn't look good: http://www.forumrunner.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8937 vBulletin's parent company bought Forum Runner a couple years ago, and unfortunately, it seems like they have nearly stopped support for it, pushing people to the vB mobile suite, which previously, was buggy as hell. I'll do some research and see if I can get the mobile suite updated while still staying on 4.xx of VB and if not, then I will have to take the steps I outlined above. If we need to upgrade the forum, I don't think we can do it during the season. After this upcoming trip, I'll dig into it in detail.

Interesting. Thanks for looking in to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    I use chrome. It works just fine.
    Me too or Safari on the phone. I quit using mobile when I got a tablet and a 21st century phone.

16. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Me too or Safari on the phone. I quit using mobile when I got a tablet and a 21st century phone.

Mac is the debbil!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I had the same problem - switched to forum runner.

Only problem is i dont get new threads, only a list of new posts on thread i have subscribed to

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information