Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Something i know that Wave has brought up and would be down for (Playoff Reform)

I would then like to see the strength of schedules of each incident, because if it were just to be within a game or two, that would be an acceptable 'variance' level, I suppose.

Mad props on you for doing the legwork, though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I would then like to see the strength of schedules of each incident, because if it were just to be within a game or two, that would be an acceptable 'variance' level, I suppose.

Mad props on you for doing the legwork, though.
    At the very least, they should make it where you have to at least be 8-8 or even 9-7 to be guaranteed a home game as a division winner. That would account for the games within an acceptable variance level and only change who hosts in situations like this year where a 7 win NFC team will host a 10 or 11 win team.

How about, we keep it the way it is, since it isn't really broken. A season here and there makes a team with a better "overall" record have to go on the road for a playoff game...eh. No big deal.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

At the end of the day it looks like the NFL's plan to change things is to add two playoff teams. It's all but official from all I've read. I think 12 teams is the perfect number, so I kinda hate that. But those two extra games will bring a few extra million of revenue to the NFL, so they absolutely will do it. That would probably mean that only the one seed would get a bye, which I would really hate. Basically the new format would hugely benefit the 7 seed but totally screw the 2 seed over. The only other option would be to have a play-in week for the 6 seed, but then the top seeds would get 2 weeks off and potentially get rusty. I think having 14 playoff teams is going to be a disaster.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information