Thread: Ac unity

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Default Ac unity

wow one of best games i have ever played.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Believe it or not AC never did anything for me.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

rolling with 4 people taking down templars amid an entire city of paris in revolution. pretty awesome.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

It irked me in the first one that they had this guy in what essentially was a simulator. They could have done so much with endless lore. Meh.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

its not a sim. its memories, basically time traveling. Done alot of TT so far.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

That's precisely what I didn't like, the whole Animus thing. It takes away from the immersion and goes out of its way to remind you you're only playing a video game. While some other franchises try to replicate movie themes and other pieces, and try to convey you are a part of it all, AC goes out of its way to take that away from the player.

If Ubi never put the Animus side in and focused solely on the in-game world, I'd probably love it. Think of all the actual content that could have been in place of it.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

It's so hard to take Shazam seriously.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

My biggest problem with AC is all the "movie" parts. When I want to play a game, I want to play, not sit and watch a bunch of movie scenes.

I hate watching clips! Cant I just hit the A button and skip the damn scene so I can play again?
    Destiny is also doing this. However I just got it and havent even played Multi player yet.

But Black Flag looked alot better then the new AC coming out. More more interesting with the whole pirate theme if you ask me.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    It's so hard to take Shazam seriously.
    ...and why is that?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    That's precisely what I didn't like, the whole Animus thing. It takes away from the immersion and goes out of its way to remind you you're only playing a video game. While some other franchises try to replicate movie themes and other pieces, and try to convey you are a part of it all, AC goes out of its way to take that away from the player.

If Ubi never put the Animus side in and focused solely on the in-game world, I'd probably love it. Think of all the actual content that could have been in place of it.
    The whole story is about the in game world.

without giving too much away. Templars and Assasssins fight each other technology throughout history. Turns out this technology "eden pieces" was left behind from an ancient civilization before humans that lived on earth. Minerva, Zeus, etc. All were proclaimed gods in history, but they were really part of the leftovers from the previous race that was basically wiped out by solar flares from the sun. Some of them were not all good, so they locked away some of the ones that tried to use the human race as slaves. But in 2012, one of them escaped. Now Abstergo in the modern day is the Templars using peoples memories to try to change the past and search for people who are descendents of this ancient civilization by trying to search for people with a 3rd helix in their dna throughout history. Animus doesnt even exist anymore, Abstergo has made it a home entertainment device, and is feeding it to the modern day masses. Taking all of their thoughts and memories for themselves, but giving the people great technology.

Its goes pretty in depth to be honest.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

...and why is that?
    It's your signature. I mean, for someone to love Halo so much, I can't take video game opinions seriously.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    ...and why is that?
    It's your signature. I mean, for someone to love Halo so much, I can't take video game opinions seriously.
    I've had that up since H3, but what funny is I totally forgot about that. I don't see it on Mobile, which is how I'm always on here now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

The whole story is about the in game world.

without giving too much away. Templars and Assasssins fight each other technology throughout history. Turns out this technology "eden pieces" was left behind from an ancient civilization before humans that lived on earth. Minerva, Zeus, etc. All were proclaimed gods in history, but they were really part of the leftovers from the previous race that was basically wiped out by solar flares from the sun. Some of them were not all good, so they locked away some of the ones that tried to use the human race as slaves. But in 2012, one of them escaped. Now Abstergo in the modern day is the Templars using peoples memories to try to change the past and search for people who are descendents of this ancient civilization by trying to search for people with a 3rd helix in their dna throughout history. Animus doesnt even exist anymore, Abstergo has made it a home entertainment device, and is feeding it to the modern day masses. Taking all of their thoughts and memories for themselves, but giving the people great technology.

Its goes pretty in depth to be honest.
    Thats why I can't stand it, lotta bullshit that is unnecessary IMO.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information