Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Incognito coming to Denver?

Default Incognito coming to Denver?

Just got an Espn update that said they were considering signing him after working him out.

Default Broncos work out OL Incognito, consider signing him

Per ESPN:
    The Denver Broncos brought in guard Richie Incognito for a workout and are considering signing him, according to a FoxSports.com report.

Incognito worked out in Denver for team officials on Monday, according to the report, but no decision has been made on whether or not to sign the free agent.

Incognito has not played in the NFL since the Miami Dolphins suspended him in November 2013. A league investigation determined that Incognito and two other Dolphins offensive linemen engaged in persistent harassment of teammate Johnathan Martin, who left the team in October 2013.

Incognito became a free agent when his contract with the Dolphins expired.

The 31-year-old Incognito, an offensive guard, has played in 102 games (all starts) over eight seasons with the Dolphins, Buffalo Bills and St. Louis Rams, who selected him in the third round of the 2005 draft.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...ognito-workout

I'm surprised that they would be interested in this kind of headache. Is the locker room strong enough to deal with this? I know the OL has had issues, but this kind of reeks of desperation.

Edit: looks like it was originally reported by Jay Glazer from Fox Sports

3. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I'm not sure he'd be a locker room head-ache. . .if he was before, surely he's learned a valuable lesson.

That being said, I imagine the staff is just doing their due dilligence. I'll wait until I see news that we actually signed him before I give it another thought.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

It is definitely worth the risk. Theres a damn good chance that Incognito would want to toe the line and be a model citizen for the chance of a lifetime. Isnt that what punishment is supposed to do? I am glad a team has finally the guts to give him a shot. There are guys playing now who did way worse things than incognito. He has paid for his transgressions. If he can play then its a damn good move

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Hopefully he doesn't give any swirly's or steal people's lunch money.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

7. The Following User High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Would he replace Franklin or Ramirez? I got the impression from Mike Klis that we're committed to Montgomery at center, and as a result, Vasquez at RT.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Just got an Espn update that said they were considering signing him after working him out.
    I'm all for it
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Interesting. I kinda can't stand him and think he is a scumbag, but we really need help on the line. Surely he can keep his head screwed on straight for half a season. He knows he's on his last chance. My concerns would be what kind of shape he's in and how quickly he'd pick up the offense.

It can't hurt to bring him in for a look at least, so we'll see.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Would he replace Franklin or Ramirez? I got the impression from Mike Klis that we're committed to Montgomery at center, and as a result, Vasquez at RT.
    Probably at left guard where he's started most of his games. Move Franklin back to RT.

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Probably at left guard where he's started most of his games. Move Franklin back to RT.
    I'd be surprised if Franklin moves back to RT. It seems like they would have done that before asking Vasquez to move over if they felt like that was a viable solution. I think he's closer to being out of the lineup all together.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

It would suck though to sign him and then he goes John Boyett. He has shown that type of psychopathology so you never know. He might be like a human hand grenade. But That other loony toon, jonathan martin has turned out okay

I'd assume they'd want to replace the weakest link on this line, which would be Ramirez. I'd vote for kicking Franklin back outside but if they're not doing that, then I'd say leave Montgomery at C, and put Incognito (or whoever) at RG.

I'm all for second chances. Incognito has had about ten chances, though, and he screws up every time. If Elway feels comfortable with him, and a very specific set of ground rules is laid down, then it's probably worth a short term risk. He would be an upgrade, and if he could channel his bullshit onto the field, he could be the bit of nasty we need.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    It would suck though to sign him and then he goes John Boyett. He has shown that type of psychopathology so you never know. He might be like a human hand grenade. But That other loony toon, jonathan martin has turned out okay
    Richie is a dumb shit, no doubt, but even working out with Denver he has to know it's the chance of a lifetime. And honestly, Denver could use a little nasty on the offensive side of the ball.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I'd assume they'd want to replace the weakest link on this line, which would be Ramirez. I'd vote for kicking Franklin back outside but if they're not doing that, then I'd say leave Montgomery at C, and put Incognito (or whoever) at RG.

I'm all for second chances. Incognito has had about ten chances, though, and he screws up every time. If Elway feels comfortable with him, and a very specific set of ground rules is laid down, then it's probably worth a short term risk. He would be an upgrade, and if he could channel his bullshit onto the field, he could be the bit of nasty we need.
    It was only one game - but I'm not so sure Franklin isn't the weakest link. He has been bad - and this PFF chart (from amcfarla on reddit) seems to confirm that he was the weakest link against Oakland.

Weird, sadly, he most likely, is about all thats out there worth a damn.

I dont like it, but im not in charge so whatever. The oline has been a mess this year, kinda makes you wonder if moving franklin to guard was a poor choice.

21. The Following User High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information