Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Start CJ Anderson!

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Default Start CJ Anderson!

CJ does something our other backs don't, break tackles in the open field. He did it several times, not just on the big TD play. There was another big 1st down he picked up earlier in the game where the defender had him dead to rights but he just shrugged him off. That's the one thing Ronnie can't do.

CJ is built like a fire hydrant. Short, squat, and thick. He's built like Travis Henry (without all the illegitimate children and baggage). I really liked what I saw from him yesterday. He looked like what enamored me to him in the preseason his rookie year.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

He'll get his shot now.

I guess Ball returns next week. Will be interesting to see if Denver tries to get him going while Hillman is out. He's essentially been outplayed by everyone, but high draft pick...
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    I guess Ball returns next week. Will be interesting to see if Denver tries to get him going while Hillman is out. He's essentially been outplayed by everyone, but high draft pick...
    Which is exactly why he should at least be given a chance to crack the rotation. He was drafted high for a reason, it would be stupid to give up on him this early in his career.

I'm absolutely not saying to start him and give him 20 carries when he gets back, but when you invest a high draft pick in someone you absolutely have to give them every chance to succeed. It's incredible how quickly and easily fans give up on young players.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis #30

Ball is only going to be 24 in December, so I am still hopeful he is going to be a good RB for us?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    And? They have NFL players on their team too. What CJ did yesterday would have been impressive against any team. He was hitting holes, breaking tackles, making great catches, doing everything you could ask of a RB yesterday.
    I actually thought he was our most impressive runner last year.

I'm just sayin', It's the Raiders.

Default Legwold had a couple interesting stats in his ESPN article on Hillmans injury:

1) Anderson has as many yards as Ball (172) in just over HALF as many attempts (30 instead of 55.)
    2) Thompson has as many TDs as Hillman (3) in about a third as many attempts (30 instead of 91.)
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...wo-three-weeks

I couldn't care less who's drafted where; Anderson and Thompson are out-PRODUCING Ball and Hillman. They find holes better than Ball and break tackles better than Hillman. Thompson picks up blitzers well and Anderson's a good receiver, so my SOLE reservation's how well they've learned the offense in their young careers. But Hillman's only working on his third season, and Anderson's been here just as long as Ball, who only has a single year on Thompson: Start the guys who get it done; let Elway justify draft picks. If drafts were foolproof, Terrell Davis, Rod Smith and Chris Harris wouldn't have made the team.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Ball was a late 2nd round pick, early but not early enough to get the best RB's in the draft, it's not like Denver passed on Fabio Matthews to draft him. By most accounts Ball and Hillman were drafted about where they were projected and you can't go into a draft knowing Anderson, Thompson and Bibbs will still be available where they're projected later on.

I know they passed on Lacy, believe me I wanted them to draft him too, but let's not pretend that Lacy hasn't regressed this season too.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 11-12-2014 at 12:06 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

10. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    but let's not pretend that Lacy hasn't regressed this season too.
    yeah - agreed

12. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

CJ needs to start this week. He deserves the start.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information