Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Start CJ Anderson!

They need to run C.J. inside and Hillman outside. Running Hillman inside continuously was the problem against NE.

He looked like a complete NFL back yesterday. Ran inside, got the edge a few times, caught the ball. Maybe this is a bit of a Mr. Wolf overreaction thread but he had me excited. Kid looked solid. If I'm calling the shots, I start Anderson and let Hillman spell him after CJ's softened them up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I said virtually the same thing in the game thread. As long as they identify early in the game who has "it" that day, then we should be fine. Hillman didn't have it yesterday but CJ looked great every time he touched the ball. Kudos to him.
    Hillman looked hurt on the sideline in the 4th quarter, looked like he was limping. Pretty cool that we have a stable that 2 guys are down and running game still does some work.

4. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

All I know is it looked like a classic choke job for a quarter and a half before C.J.'s electrifying catch and run. Then, Roby made the pick and the Broncos became the Broncos again just like in those Snickers commercials. I hope C.J. got the game ball afterwards.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

6. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by 7DnBrnc53 View Post
    They need to run C.J. inside and Hillman outside. Running Hillman inside continuously was the problem against NE.
    Continuously? He had about 10 carries.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Hillman looked hurt on the sideline in the 4th quarter, looked like he was limping. Pretty cool that we have a stable that 2 guys are down and running game still does some work.
    He was hurt in the first quarter I believe
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

9. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

GEM

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Continuously? He had about 10 carries.
    What I mean was that they never ran Hillman outside in that game but once. I think that the rest of his carries were inside.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    All I know is it looked like a classic choke job for a quarter and a half before C.J.'s electrifying catch and run. Then, Roby made the pick and the Broncos became the Broncos again just like in those Snickers commercials. I hope C.J. got the game ball afterwards.
    Two balls should go out. CJ on offense and Roby on defense. Those 2 plays turned the entire game around.

12. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    He looked like a complete NFL back yesterday. Ran inside, got the edge a few times, caught the ball. Maybe this is a bit of a Mr. Wolf overreaction thread but he had me excited. Kid looked solid. If I'm calling the shots, I start Anderson and let Hillman spell him after CJ's softened them up a bit.
    Yes. Ronnie is better off as a change of pace back, anyway. He is too small to be the primary back long term.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Man we are so stacked at RB.......sarcasm lol.

CJ was awesome yesterday though, i love me some CJ

Our RB cast of characters keeps changing. Ball should be back next week, but now it looks like Hillman will be out for a couple of weeks:

The Broncos will be without Ronnie Hillman for at least two weeks after the starting running back suffered a midfoot sprain in his right foot Sunday, according to an NFL source.

Hillman seemed to suffer the injury as he was attempting to catch a pass early in the Broncos’ 41-17 win against the Oakland Raiders. He limped off the field and had his right ankle taped then returned to the game.
    The rest: http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...-sprain/30811/

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

That had to be the single longest RB play from scrimmage in YEARS. For that alone, he deserves more time as the featured back.

With Hillman out, I'd probably split carries between Anderson and Ball, but keep Ball on a short leash.

18. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    That had to be the single longest RB play from scrimmage in YEARS. For that alone, he deserves more time as the featured back.

With Hillman out, I'd probably split carries between Anderson and Ball, but keep Ball on a short leash.
    Meh. Tatum Bell had a lot of long RB plays from scrimmage. I get a good feeling about CJ, but a long play does not a reliable running back make. I do appreciate his ability to keep his feet, which our RBs have not shown to be adept at in quite some time.

SHORYUKEN!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Zweems56 View Post
    Meh. Tatum Bell had a lot of long RB plays from scrimmage. I get a good feeling about CJ, but a long play does not a reliable running back make. I do appreciate his ability to keep his feet, which our RBs have not shown to be adept at in quite some time.
    Tatum Bell?!?! That guy has been selling cell phones at the Aurora Mall for like 10 years now. I think you just inadvertently validated my point.

21. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

I dunno, he said he was a raiders fan

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information