Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars VII - The Force Awakens

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Default Star Wars VII - The Force Awakens

Latest Star Wars Episode 7 movie title officially named -

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/11/06/star-wars-episode-vii-title-revealed-as-the-force-awakens

I hope Disney doesn't **** this up.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

There's some good info in this thread

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...OILERS-INSIDE*

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Didn't know that it was posted already. My bad.

That's what I call my boner.

7. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Disney will **** this shit up so bad. It will be terrible and we will be begging for George to come back and finish the trilogy

9. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Disney will **** this shit up so bad. It will be terrible and we will be begging for George to come back and finish the trilogy
    George was one of the worst writers, ever. Disney has hit HOME RUNS with their Marvel movies,and the guy directing this was absolutely brilliant i the last couple of Star Trek's. I see no reason to think that this movie will be a failure. If anything, the movies will be MUCH MUCH better now that Lucus isn't involved.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I thought Lucas made some strides and the new films progressed nicely in the original trilogy and they got progressively better after TPM. Other than Hayden Christianson's wooden acting, I thought AOTC & ROTS were very good.

ESB is still my favorite.

13. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    George was one of the worst writers, ever. Disney has hit HOME RUNS with their Marvel movies,and the guy directing this was absolutely brilliant i the last couple of Star Trek's. I see no reason to think that this movie will be a failure. If anything, the movies will be MUCH MUCH better now that Lucus isn't involved.
    Abrams Star Trek reboots have been fantastic. Two of my favorite movies the last few years. Hopefully they choose good actors for Star Wars, because the actor selection is what has made those movies.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

15. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I thought Lucas made some strides and the new films progressed nicely in the original trilogy and they got progressively better after TPM. Other than Hayden Christianson's wooden acting, I thought AOTC & ROTS were very good.

Lucas is a great visionary and writer, just kind of a bad director. Aside from the original Star Wars, he had help on his screenplays from Lawrence Kasdan and others on the other films. The biggest knock on George Lucas was never his writing, but his lack of direction to his actors. Harrison Ford, Alec Guinness, Ian McDiarmid (the Emperor), and Ewan McGregor overcame this the best in my opinion. He admits that he was always more of a visual director and thought of his movies as silent films with musical scores and that the visuals told the story. The special effects combined with John Williams score still make for some of the most memorable scenes across all 6 movies, and the great featurette Star Wars: A Musical Journey is a testament to that:

The prequels get a lot of crap, but I love the story they try to tell even though they stumble at times. I think Episodes III through V are my favorites. I, II, and VI are a mixed bag to me but still very good. Return of the Jedi is a tough one for me because its clouded by my childhood memories of it being my favorite while the adult in me can't stand all the Ewok stuff now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I'm old, so the original releases were my favorites. I never really got into the more recent ones, but may have to revisit them with this coming out.

18. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I'm old, so the original releases were my favorites. I never really got into the more recent ones, but may have to revisit them with this coming out.
    Watch Episode 3 again Joe, it is phenomenal. It is the darkest of all the films and may be the best one.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

20. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post

Return of the Jedi is a tough one for me because its clouded by my childhood memories of it being my favorite while the adult in me can't stand all the Ewok stuff now.
    Now, IMO, ROTJ is the worst. Just awful. Even then it didn't hit me as did the first two. I was never a fan of the Ewoks and what I remember waiting for was Vader unmasked and that didn't even impress either.

Very disappointing to me even when I was 8.

22. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Now, IMO, ROTJ is the worst. Just awful. Even then it didn't hit me as did the first two. I was never a fan of the Ewoks and what I remember waiting for was Vader unmasked and that didn't even impress either.

Very disappointing to me even when I was 8.
    Its nice to hear older fans acknowledge that the OT had its own faults. Most fans who grew up with the originals treat them like some sacred cow that no one can criticize. The worst is all the criticism they lob at the prequels that was pretty much the same issues the OT had (acting, too cutesy at times, etc.). My favorites in order change all the time but right now I think its:

1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. Revenge of the Sith
    3. A New Hope
    4. Attack of the Clones
    5. Return of the Jedi
    6. The Phantom Menace

Even the Phantom Menace is better than 90% of the sic-fi fantasy movies out there. It has grown on me in recent years because my son loves it so much and that final dual with Darth Maul was still one of my favorite experiences in a theater.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Numerous complaints mainly with ROTJ. Leia and Luke was just George trying to outdo himself. I never liked that either.

ESB
    ROTS
    AOTC
    ANH
    TPM
    ROTJ

TPM gets a slight bump over ROTJ due to an epic battle and an intriguing villain. IMO Maul should have survived and made it to Dooku. Liam did an incredible job as Qui-Gon who should have carried on too.

ANH, looks archaic compared to ESB. while it started something incredible, it has been succeeded with better films, which is a good thing. I thought Ewan McGregor did a fabulous job of flashing a younger Obiwan and as kids we always wondered how it would play out.

25. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Numerous complaints mainly with ROTJ. Leia and Luke was just George trying to outdo himself. I never liked that either.

ESB
    ROTS
    AOTC
    ANH
    TPM
    ROTJ

TPM gets a slight bump over ROTJ due to an epic battle and an intriguing villain. IMO Maul should have survived and made it to Dooku. Liam did an incredible job as Qui-Gon who should have carried on too.

ANH, looks archaic compared to ESB. while it started something incredible, it has been succeeded with better films, which is a good thing. I thought Ewan McGregor did a fabulous job of flashing a younger Obiwan and as kids we always wondered how it would play out.
    1. The Empire Strikes Back

2. A New Hope

3. Revenge of the Sith

4. Return of the Jedi

5. Attack of the Clones

6.The Phantom Menace

27. The Following 2 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information