Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars VII - The Force Awakens

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I realized I don't have Phantom Menace on DVD last night. Can't buy it on XBox. Not at Walmart. Grr.
    SecondSpin is usually a good source for cheaper movies. http://www.secondspin.com/s/product/...s#.VGD1KFPF9yg

2. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Warning: This thread is intended for nerds only
    I always think of this article when someone calls me a nerd on these forums

Walking Sports Database Scorns Walking Sci-Fi Database

PASSAIC, NJ—Scott Moreland, a walking database of sports facts and figures, scorned Tim Dansby, a walking database of science-fiction anecdotes and trivia, Monday afternoon.

Name:  onion_news538_jpg_250x1000_q85.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  13.4 KB
    Sci-fi geek Tim Dansby (right), the object of sports geek Scott Moreland's (left) mockery and derision.

"God, what a friggin' geek," said Moreland, eyeing Dansby in the food court of Willowbrook Mall. "Saturday nights, I bet he gets together with his other geek buddies and whacks off to Star Wars on video. He's probably never even gotten laid."

Moreland, a 27-year-old bachelor who spends most Saturday nights watching ESPN and checking for injury updates on CNNSI.com, then left the food court and headed to The Fan Zone, where he browsed a rack of extra-large New York Giants jerseys.

"Back in high school, there were a bunch of guys like that in my study hall. They'd spend the entire period talking about Alien Nation. I swear, they knew every line from every episode by heart," said Moreland, who can recite the batting average and on-base percentage of every member of the '86 Mets. "Who needs to memorize that kind of stuff? How useless is that?"

A self-described "sports fanatic" who experiences vicarious thrills through such idols as Mike Piazza and Tiki Barber, Moreland said he can't understand science-fiction fans' obsession with make-believe characters like Captain Kirk and Boba Fett.
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/wal...fi-datab,1442/

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I realized I don't have Phantom Menace on DVD last night. Can't buy it on XBox. Not at Walmart. Grr.
    I bought the entire set on BlueRay when it came out. The wife wasn't happy but I told her my inner Star Wars Geek took over and I could not physically walk by Star Wars on BR and not buy it. I had to. I'm glad I did too, because they look amazing on my digital projector. The boy and I are already planning an epic Star Wars marathon weekend once the snow flies.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

6. The Following 5 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    People give Return of the Jedi a lot of shit and I get why, but the first hour or so of that movie (rescuing Han/Jabba The Hut desert stuff) is probably the most memorable hour of moviegoing in my life. I was 7 years old and in my mind seeing that movie on the big screen was the greatest thing life had to offer and that first hour was amazing. As a kid I loved the entire movie, as an adult I do sort of cringe at the Ewok stuff but that first hour is still masterful storytelling IMO.

I think that is still the only movie Ive ever been to where people actually stood and cheered as if at a sporting event.
    Once they left Tatooine, ROTJ went to ****.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I bought the entire set on BlueRay when it came out. The wife wasn't happy but I told her my inner Star Wars Geek took over and I could not physically walk by Star Wars on BR and not buy it. I had to. I'm glad I did too, because they look amazing on my digital projector. The boy and I are already planning an epic Star Wars marathon weekend once the snow flies.
    So, like tomorrow?

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    SecondSpin is usually a good source for cheaper movies. http://www.secondspin.com/s/product/...s#.VGD1KFPF9yg
    I'll take a look. Thanks. I think I've exhausted my options here locally.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I always think of this article when someone calls me a nerd on these forums

http://www.theonion.com/articles/wal...fi-datab,1442/

My personalities must clash.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

12. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

That complete Bluray set is INCREDIBLE. When I am doing chores around the house or working from home I'll often fire up the special features discs and let the documentaries play. Still can't believe how great the originals look in that transfer, though I like others aren't thrilled with all the Special Edition changes (Jabba in A New Hope, the new dance number in Jedi etc.) for the most part I like what they have done with the updates.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The dance part in Return of the Jedi was so ridiculous. It's about the only addition from the 90s re-releases that I can criticize too much.

The Jobba scene was, at least, initially in the original script.

Name:  nerds.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  9.3 KB

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

That complete Bluray set is INCREDIBLE. When I am doing chores around the house or working from home I'll often fire up the special features discs and let the documentaries play. Still can't believe how great the originals look in that transfer, though I like others aren't thrilled with all the Special Edition changes (Jabba in A New Hope, the new dance number in Jedi etc.) for the most part I like what they have done with the updates.
    Until they release the blue-ray that shows that Hans shot first, I refuse to buy any of the new stuff. DUMBEST change ever for a great movie.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    George was one of the worst writers, ever. Disney has hit HOME RUNS with their Marvel movies,and the guy directing this was absolutely brilliant i the last couple of Star Trek's. I see no reason to think that this movie will be a failure. If anything, the movies will be MUCH MUCH better now that Lucus isn't involved.
    Marvel movies are garbage. Maybe you are right about the writing and it is just that I hate comic book movies.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Marvel movies are garbage. Maybe you are right about the writing and it is just that I hate comic book movies.
    To which their own.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

I agree! However, they did a good job on The Empire Strikes Back movie. I didn't complain about that.

22. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    I agree! However, they did a good job on The Empire Strikes Back movie. I didn't complain about that.
    Yeah, I think a majority of the Special Edition changes are fine. Its the adding of unnecessary scenes that bothered me. Updating the special effects is about all they did with the Empire Strikes Back. The new cloud city exteriors where great.

24. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information