Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Patriots 11/02/14

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Default Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Patriots 11/02/14

Ok Broncos, why not prove you're the best team in the AFC and get a stranglehold of the #1 seed?

You can do it!

Go Broncos!

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

It's not even game day yet!
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

4. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Sure it is, and had been for over an hour when the thread was created: Well done, sneakers.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Sure it is, and had been for over an hour when the thread was created: Well done, sneakers.
    In Europe. This is America!
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

No, sneakers! No!

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Forecast is calling for wind gusts up to 45 mph. Typical lousy New England weather

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

I've posted my concerns about this game elsewhere. That being said, we are the better team and hopefully we go out and show it. For all the success we've had this year, this is only our third road game, and our other two include our only loss and a struggle against a bad Jets team. We have to prove we can win the big road game, so that it helps us get big home games down the line.

It won't be the end of the world if we lose, but man, a win would be utterly incredible here. Let's go get 'em.

14. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

My prediction is a 34-20 Denver win.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    My prediction is a 34-20 Denver win.
    Sign me up for that!

18. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nomad View Post
    just win the game, broncos!

Ditto !!!

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing (Edmund Burke)

http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived Az Snake For This Post:

Unpredictably intermittent homefield gusts reach marginal returns at some point, and it may be when a 20+ mph wind may or may not jump to 50 then back down to 20 between release and catch. It certainly hurts Manning more by removing his greatest strength, because pinpoint accuracy goes out the window, but there's no guarantee Bradys celebrated bad weather ability will fair much better. The smart thing to do in a game like that is run whenever possible, which plays to our TEAM strength: Top 5 run D vs. bottom 10 rushing offense and, to a lesser extent, bottom 10 rushing offense vs. bottom 10 run D.

The focus is Manning vs. Brady, but Hillman/Thompson vs. Vereen/Bolden, as well as their blocking, could be at least as big a story. It goes without saying we can't afford the fumbles that put Hillman in the doghouse last year and cost us the NE game (to be clear, only one of those fumbles was Hillmans, but that just underscores the point: The Pats are good at stripping footballs, and preventing that is a must tomorrow.) If our RBs play as well as the last few games, it may not MATTER how good Manning is or isn't; we have other options than passing, but NE doesn't.

That could prove a problem for them with or without the wind, because I think our secondary's at least as good as theirs (and the stats say they're BETTER per attempt) but we have MUCH better receivers for the secondaries to guard. Our front four and LBs are also better than NEs against both run and pass; perhaps those units would be more comparable if NEs best pass rusher wasn't out for a month and their best coverage LB out for the season, but they are, and that basically leaves Wilfork (hello, double team) and Ninkovich up front, backed by Hightower.

While I've been critical of our interior offensive linemen, they've played better the last couple games, and I'd definitely bet on them vs. a depleted NE front seven, and OUR solid front seven should fare much better against a Patriot interior line that's just as bad (they can and likely will double Potroast, but that's one less man to block Williams, Ware, Wolfe/Jackson and Miller.) It's just a more complete Broncos team that's not rendered helpless by talent, scheme or weather taking away its favorite weapon, which is very much the case for a Pats team that's managed only half as many rushing TDs.

If we run well and protect the ball, my only remaining concern will be getting off the field on 3rd and long, because we've had a bad habit of dominating 1st and 2nd down only to give up a conversion and extend drives we should've ended. The wind and Bradys dubious receiving corps may help us there if we can at least slow down Gronk, but we can't count on opposing players and weather doing our job for us. IF we do our job from kickoff to gun for a third straight big game (this one on the road) though we may not need Manning much.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

say what?

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

There's always those one or two games a year we come out and look confused, no emotion, play horrible, and lose a game we shouldn't. It happens and you never understand it. Hopefully, this isn't one of those games. I've had a horrible feeling all week. It hasn't changed yet. We're a better team but sometimes that just doesn't matter. We'll see. Sometimes breaking down X and O's is just simply not needed. Games like these go beyond all and everything you would think would or should happen. This could be a classic, or just a real stinker!!

This game has huge implications for a tie breaker for possible home field advantage. This game right here could either put us at home for the AFC Championship game, or possibly right back here in New England, in January.

GO Broncos!!! We really need this one for a lot of reasons!!!!
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

A win and were in the drivers seat for home field. GO BRONCOS!!!
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

26. The Following 4 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

This is one of those games I feel like we should win, but won't. Should be a great game though.

28. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information