Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: My 10 year old son, great high school prospect, action pics inside

He picked the right number. I'd be proud too, vettesplus.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

So the guy is proud of his kid, big deal.

You guys are rough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

4. The Following 10 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MHCBill View Post
    I agree with Coach. Everyone should be proud of their kids, but to come on a message board and claim your 10 year old as a "great" high school prospect is more than a little arrogant.

As a coach, I can tell you that most, not all, but most parents completely over-value their kid's ability on the field, rink, court, pitch, etc. Then, with very little experience or true knowledge complain about the coach's decisions without having the ability to look at the situation and players objectively.

Parents of youth athletes in general can be very bad people.
    Many people dont realize the "task" it is to have kids involved in sports. You have 3 kinds of coaches out there. The volunteers that dont know anything...the coaches that play politics...and the ones that have a clue. Finding the ones that have a clue is the trick. For the benefit of my kids and the experience they are having and will continue to have in high school, I pray every day that our coach and most of his staff resign. There are SO many talented kids that dont even get a chance because he is all about politics (favorites, people he knows, who contributes the most to the booster club, etc.). I feel bad for many of them and find it entertaining how many of the "benchwarmers" get asked by schools to come out as a walk on and how that number is always higher than the number of kids that start regularly and get offers from podunk schools. My oldest was asked by the coaches at UNT to come out as a walk on over players that played more than him.

Sad thing is...our coach is also the AD, so it's tough to get him fired. I've lived here 21 years. In the first 12, our school was 5A and went to the playoffs every year but one. We moved down to 4A 9 years ago...same time this coach took over...and we've gone to the playoffs once. Coincidence?

Anyway...off topic.

I sincerely hope your son finds enjoyment in playing football and that the people around him keep him humble and that he has a lot of success

6. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    So the guy is proud of his kid, big deal.

You guys are rough.
    That wasnt our point

Chrissakes....tough crowd.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Coach, you've posted yourself about your beast of twins on the football field. Not quite sure why this thread is eliciting this kind of response from everyone.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    That wasnt our point
    Have I told you about my son's arm? Kid has a cannon...
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Vettesplus - thats quality good for you (and your son) mate.

As a kid, i was a really good soccer player - but i discovered drink, drugs and women - which when combined with a horrible attitude towards authority basically put a stop to me progressing in that field. Kinda crazy i ended up in the Army - lol, anyway this thread is not about me or my mistakes and i think it is great your 10 year old is doing so well. Loved the pics by the way.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Coach, you've posted yourself about your beast of twins on the football field. Not quite sure why this thread is eliciting this kind of response from everyone.
    I've commented about their accomplishments when they happen, but I've never called them "prospects" for something they are 5-6 years away from even considering.

That's the point we've been making. If the title of this thread is "Pics of my son after having a kick ass game"...the content of this thread is entirely different

15. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I've commented about their accomplishments when they happen, but I've never called them "prospects" for something they are 5-6 years away from even considering.

That's the point we've been making. If the title of this thread is "Pics of my son after having a kick ass game"...the content of this thread is entirely different
    Perhaps a MOD could alter the title then - as i feel bad for the dude!

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I assume his thread title was tongue-in-cheek. Even if it wasn't, what's with all the hate? Guy is excited about his baller. Lighten up folks.

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

I dont think anyone said there was a problem with being proud of your kids. All I was doing was offering a dose of reality to the title of the thread. 10 year old...and great high school prospect...shouldnt be in the same sentence. If it was tongue in cheek, then I apologize. I'm just use to every father in Texas assuming his kid is a future HoF football player.

90% of the kids that are good at age 10, are not at age 16 and 90% of the kids that are good at age 16 are not at age 10. Hell...most of them probably arent even playing football yet. Happens all the time.
    Same as hockey, you see 10 year olds scoring 100+ goals a year and by the time they're ready to be drafted to Juniors they're 3rd or 4th liners. Some kids just grow faster than others but in time it catches up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

there are, and have been a lot of dick heads in this forum, my comment was a figure of speech!!! just wanted to share a very cool pic of my son...but back to his ability, Yes, he has been watched by 2 different high school coaches at this age and they have talked to us about where he will be attending high school. he was recruited by the number 3 baseball team out of calf. to play with them last summer in the 9 u world series in steamboat springs co. we showed up he suited up and went out and played with a team he didn't even get a chance to practice with and performed like the a star. he is a 2d player in baseball and the orange county crush is a major team. he stepped up and played to there level. he hit the only home run in the 9u division...so with that said this kid has a lot going for him and I will do what ever it takes for him to follow his dream. if you ask him what his dream is, he will tell you" I want to play Qb on Saturday". he never talks about going pro. he is a straight A student in school and has been sense school began for him. sounds like a lot of you have kids that you wish had some talent, and they don't so you look down on a kid that does. I could post up his stats as a youth QB, that would blow your mind, but some of you boneheads in here will have nothing to say but negative feedback.....

PS. GO RAGE.... we are heading back to the superbowl again this year as defending champs and we will be back to back champs unless our kids lay an egg . we are playing the number 1 ranked team in the state, no fear from our boys and mostly no fear from the team leader, #7....

to all the posters with positive replies, thanks I appreciate the comments!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vettesplus View Post
    there are, and have been a lot of dick heads in this forum, my comment was a figure of speech!!! just wanted to share a very cool pic of my son...but back to his ability, Yes, he has been watched by 2 different high school coaches at this age and they have talked to us about where he will be attending high school. he was recruited by the number 3 baseball team out of calf. to play with them last summer in the 9 u world series in steamboat springs co. we showed up he suited up and went out and played with a team he didn't even get a chance to practice with and performed like the a star. he is a 2d player in baseball and the orange county crush is a major team. he stepped up and played to there level. he hit the only home run in the 9u division...so with that said this kid has a lot going for him and I will do what ever it takes for him to follow his dream. if you ask him what his dream is, he will tell you" I want to play Qb on Saturday". he never talks about going pro. he is a straight A student in school and has been sense school began for him. sounds like a lot of you have kids that you wish had some talent, and they don't so you look down on a kid that does. I could post up his stats as a youth QB, that would blow your mind, but some of you boneheads in here will have nothing to say but negative feedback.....

PS. GO RAGE.... we are heading back to the superbowl again this year as defending champs and we will be back to back champs unless our kids lay an egg . we are playing the number 1 ranked team in the state, no fear from our boys and mostly no fear from the team leader, #7....

to all the posters with positive replies, thanks I appreciate the comments!!!!!!!
    I agreed with your post up until the he bolded text, that is where you lost me, now you just sound like a stupid sack of shit. Guess thats where the Vette part comes from.

Congrats to your kid though

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I agreed with your post up until the he bolded text, that is where you lost me, now you just sound like a stupid sack of shit. Guess thats where the Vette part comes from.

Congrats to your kid though
    the bold part was not me, that was my stupid thumb getting in the way...sorry!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information