Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: I am the Joel of Football's Future

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by 7DnBrnc53 View Post
    It seems that you get labeled a troll for stupid stuff on some sites. On that same thread, I just said that Elway wasn't carried by his team in Denver's SB wins, that one of the two INT's that he threw in those wins wasn't his fault, and that he was MVP in the second win. I got labeled a troll after I said that stuff.
    No, you get labeled a troll for acting like one. But please, continue to reiterate how people on another board that you will link to again is badmouthing our team. That's going to make it all better.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Every Patriots fan I know loves Cassel for what he did in 2008 going 11-5. But we all watched every game of that season and know exactly how it went down. NE did not have a very difficult schedule and they beat nearly every crappy team they played. They also lost to just about every good team they played. Hence, 11-5.
    WTF? "Every Patriots fan I know loves Cassel for what he did in 2008 going 11-5"???

Reality Check: Cassel was a loser. He SUCKED. He proved this by going to the Chiefs where he received a 6 year $62 million contract, and then playing his way out of a starting job in KC and onto the woeful Vikings, where he currently has 3 TDs and 4 Ints and a quarterback rating of 65.8.

In his 2008 season he managed to win 11 games and fail to make the playoffs for the only time in a decade, with basically the same team that won 18 games and the overwhelming favorite in the SB the season before. In short he failed with probably the best Patriots team of all time. The Patriots might well have won the SB in 2008 except for Brady's injury.

If there was any doubt about Cassel, you only have to look at the results in KC (where they dumped his sorry ass after the he had 10 TDs and 9 INTs in 2011 and 6 TDs and 12 INTs in 2012) and in Minn (11 TDs, 9 INTs in 2013).

Soon they will fire the coach and GM in Minnesota and the new GM will come in and get rid of Cassel and that will be the end of his career, and that's assuming he doesn't get shown the door earlier than that.

What are these Patriots fans smoking? Even in 2008 he had 21 TDs, and 16 turnovers (11 INTs and 5 fumbles).
    Last edited by Cugel; 11-01-2014 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Do i think Brady is better than Elway? No. But i dont think Peyton is better than Elway either (overall). But Brady is damn good and one of the best for a reason. For me, i dont think it has to be a either/or when it comes to Brady, Elway, or Manning. All 3 are great QB's and all bring something a little different to the table. But shit, if we didnt have Manning i would love to have Brady as my QB here no question in my mind. I think on some level Tommy would be jizzing himself if he was playing with the kind of squad that Peyton is. I know, i know. That was a poor pun given Brady's love for tight ends.....
    Let's be honest and admit the truth. Take the last SB. Either Brady or Manning would have lost that game because they are immobile and the Seahawks were able to get heavy pressure rushing just 4 DL. Elway could well have won it because his mobility would have negated a lot of the Seahawks pass-rush. Plus his arm strength would have penalized the Seahawks for playing in single man coverage on the outside against Decker and Thomas.

Remember that Elway could run to his right, stop and throw across his body 30 yards diagonally across the field to an open WR running down the left sideline - and he had so much arm strength and velocity that he could make that throw. Manning and most QBs in the league would never attempt it.

Elway was hands-down better than any QB in history because he combined freakish athletic ability with rare competitiveness and knowledge of the game. His career was masked by putting him in Dan Reeves' idiot system of playing conservative for 3 quarters and then having Elway lead a desperate last quarter come-back for over a decade. Try and imagine what Elway's numbers would have been if he'd had Shanahan for his entire career. He probably would have won as many championships as Terry Bradshaw.

This doesn't take away from what Manning and Brady have accomplished. Each is a first ballot HoFer. Maybe in 10 years if Aaron Rogers plays in another 4 SBs and wins another title or 2 we'll talk about him as being in the same category as Elway. Maybe Andrew Luck will get into that elite group. If Manning wins another SB or 2 before he retires, then HE'll be considered #1. But, as of now, Elway is preeminent.
    Last edited by Cugel; 11-01-2014 at 11:48 AM.

Joel, some of those incidents you mentioned are not trolling. Trolling is posting purposefully provocative/ridiculous/offensive things just to get a reaction. There's a big difference between trolling and harassment, and the incidents you mentioned fall under the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Let's be honest and admit the truth. Take the last SB. Either Brady or Manning would have lost that game because they are immobile and the Seahawks were able to get heavy pressure rushing just 4 DL. Elway could well have won it because his mobility would have negated a lot of the Seahawks pass-rush. Plus his arm strength would have penalized the Seahawks for playing in single man coverage on the outside against Decker and Thomas.

Remember that Elway could run to his right, stop and throw across his body 30 yards diagonally across the field to an open WR running down the left sideline - and he had so much arm strength and velocity that he could make that throw. Manning and most QBs in the league would never attempt it.

Elway was hands-down better than any QB in history because he combined freakish athletic ability with rare competitiveness and knowledge of the game. His career was masked by putting him in Dan Reeves' idiot system of playing conservative for 3 quarters and then having Elway lead a desperate last quarter come-back for over a decade. Try and imagine what Elway's numbers would have been if he'd had Shanahan for his entire career. He probably would have won as many championships as Terry Bradshaw.

This doesn't take away from what Manning and Brady have accomplished. Each is a first ballot HoFer. Maybe in 10 years if Aaron Rogers plays in another 4 SBs and wins another title or 2 we'll talk about him as being in the same category as Elway. Maybe Andrew Luck will get into that elite group. If Manning wins another SB or 2 before he retires, then HE'll be considered #1. But, as of now, Elway is preeminent.
    I think that Manning could go on almost any team and make them a lot better. However, Brady could not. I still think that his career should be called into question because of the chicanery employed by Bill Belichick and Ernie Adams that involved illegal taping and alternate radio frequencies. I also made a point on that other thread that Brady would have been banged-up and would have retired early if he was behind the lines that Elway was in the 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    Joel, some of those incidents you mentioned are not trolling. Trolling is posting purposefully provocative/ridiculous/offensive things just to get a reaction. There's a big difference between trolling and harassment, and the incidents you mentioned fall under the latter.
    Not at all: Those cases were also offensive/provocatives posts with no goal but getting a reaction. The woman who drove a kid to suicide differs in being specifically targeted, but I assure you the other guy's an expert textbook troll: He hangs bait liberally for everyone, then savages anyone naïve enough to bite. He's got all the classic signs of sociopathy: Intelligent, charming and a master of spotting and exploiting anyones psychological weaknesses after just a few minutes casual conversation, but he doesn't seek out anyone: He just posts, chats and waits for the inevitable volunteer victims.

That ain't me; I'm actually his antithesis in nearly every imaginable way.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    #27 Steve Atwater

Footballs future is a junk ass website. Its not what it once was, that's for sure.

Adopted Bronco:
    #27 Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    The truth is that he gets ganged up on for being long winded and like a wolverine with lock jaw.
    I can appreciate Joel because he has something to say. A site I used to frequent the posters parroted, trolled, and couldn't be bothered to have a debate.and the meme's drove me crazy. I salute you joel

Quote Originally Posted by broncosinindy View Post
    Footballs future is a junk ass website. Its not what it once was, that's for sure.
    It seems like a Tom Brady and Patriot love site at times, at least in the NFL General section.

I can appreciate Joel because he has something to say. A site I used to frequent the posters parroted, trolled, and couldn't be bothered to have a debate.and the meme's drove me crazy. I salute you joel
    I agree.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information