Thread: Champ Bailey, former Broncos cornerback, to retire from NFL

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Champ Bailey, former Broncos cornerback, to retire from NFL

In recent months, Champ Bailey has lived the life not atypical of many retired Americans.

He hangs out with his wife and 4-year-old son in Orange County, Calif. Why there when he grew up and played his college ball in Georgia and spent most of his NFL playing career in Denver? Because his wife is from Orange County, of course.

"Look, I play fantasy football now," Bailey said Tuesday. "I picked up Ronnie Hillman for my fantasy team. I saw Montee Ball go down and I said, 'Ronnie has to step up.' I texted somebody on the team, 'Tell, Ronnie to take advantage.' He's taken off."

Once a Bronco, always a Bronco.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...etire-from-nfl

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

wish we could bring him back as a extra db coach or something, so he has a chance to win a ring then.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Elway, find a way to involve Champ. DB advisor, something.

Thanks for all the years Champ, you've always been a true pro, an amazing athlete, and one hell of a role model. I'll definitely miss watching you play!

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

He could be a PR guy or something. They'll be trying to stick a mic in Manning's face. No means no! He'd be a total shutdown PR guy.

8. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    wish we could bring him back as a extra db coach or something, so he has a chance to win a ring then.
    This is a good idea on a lot of levels: I don't think it just coincidence Chris Harris' coverage, tackling and run-stuffing is so reminiscent of Champs. Having him to tutor Roby and Webster could give us a VERY good secondary for years to come, not to mention what it would mean when we can't afford all three of them and must draft another talented rookie to replace one (or more.)

Darrell Green-->Champ Bailey-->Chris Harris Jr-->???
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

10. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Devastated that one of the best DB's to ever play didn't manage to win a ring with us. He gave us so many good memories and was a big part of our franchise for a good few years. He strikes me as the kind of guy who'd make a great coach and I hope someone within the organisation brings him on board.

12. The Following User High Fived Apollo For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Devastated that one of the best DB's to ever play didn't manage to win a ring with us. He gave us so many good memories and was a big part of our franchise for a good few years. He strikes me as the kind of guy who'd make a great coach and I hope someone within the organisation brings him on board.
    Yea, in many ways, the last two years were wasted. First, that bad Baltimore loss, where the Broncos were probably the best game in the NFL, and then last year, when they ran into Seattle, which was just one of those teams of destiny that has everything going there way. Shame they didn't cash in for Bailey and the other vets.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Well, since 1999 no one has won a ring I the us.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information