Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos' notes - Patriots Week

Good point on the Colts. If NE lost to both of us, they'd be on their way to the wild card round instead of a bye

It's on the road, too; I think that makes us a trap game.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 3h

Lamin Barrow (concussion) is back at practice in a helmet. Montee Ball (groin) and Quinton Carter (hamstring) are working w/ a team trainer.

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver · 3h

Louis Vasquez is back at practice today. He missed Wednesday's work because of illness. Ronnie Hillman (shoulder) is practicing today, too.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:

Default Kayvon Webster excused from Broncos practice for personal reasons

Broncos cornerback Kayvon Webster was granted an excused absence from practice Friday at the team's Dove Valley headquarters. Webster is attending to a personal family matter.

The Broncos face the New England Patriots on Sunday in a showdown between the two AFC powerhouses.

The Broncos are scheduled to leave for New England on Friday afternoon, and Webster will meet the team there.
    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...rsonal-reasons

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Good point on the Colts. If NE lost to both of us, they'd be on their way to the wild card round instead of a bye
    The pats actually have to play several good teams in a row for a change, I see them losing to the Bronco's, Colts , Chargers, Lions, Packers, and they already got beat badly by the Dolphins who could easily beat them again, even the Jets should have beat them!!!

Hope Webster and his family are OK (as much as possible if he had to miss practice.) Combined with Quinton Carter missing practice time with an injury, it does make a bit concerned about our coverage Sunday, even if NEs only quality WR is a TE.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Adopted Bronco:

Default Broncos RB Ronnie Hillman practices, should start vs. Patriots

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

8. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    The pats actually have to play several good teams in a row for a change, I see them losing to the Bronco's, Colts , Chargers, Lions, Packers, and they already got beat badly by the Dolphins who could easily beat them again, even the Jets should have beat them!!!
    Let's not get too excited here - there's no chance the Pats are losing their next five games. I'd settle for 2-3 (even 3-2, as long as we were one of the two)

10. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Let's not get too excited here - there's no chance the Pats are losing their next five games. I'd settle for 2-3 (even 3-2, as long as we were one of the two)
    Lambeau in late November or early December (I can't recall which) should be tough, but the Pack's D is very suspect after what Seattle and NO did to them, and NEs sole defensive strength may match the GBs sole team strength. I still don't buy Indys D either, and, again, their great passing attack is offset by NEs great secondary. I could still see them losing on the road though (and would LOVE them to lose to us and Indy: Bye-bye, bye. ) They're at home for Detroit, but the Lions D could still give them trouble, especially if they have Megatron back and Stafford shows up before the fourth quarter.

The one I can't awaiting almost as intensely as our game though is @SD, because if the Bolts are healthy for that game they could destroy NE. Part of what's annoying about SD is they're so similar to us offensively: Great QB+great WRs=great passing attack; they're just having to work overtime to match it with good enough running teams don't sell out on stopping the pass. The good news (or bad news in the NE game) is they don't have our complementary top five D, so Rivers and his receivers must do it all. Yet that might be just enough given all the holes in NEs team.

I agree, 2-3 would be more than good enough, or 3-2 as long as one of them's us. Still hope it's the NEXT two though; NEs shot at homefield would be toast, the odds would be against them getting a bye given the softness of Indys remaining schedule, and all that combined with a losing streak would revive all the talk about whether Brady and Belichick are on their way out the door. But notwithstanding all those hypotheticals, they all start with us taking care of business like champions Sunday, and no other way.

If we do that I'm not too concerned WHAT NE does the rest of the regular season: If we see them again AT ALL, it'll be at Mile High (where Brady's never won a playoff game.)

Adopted Bronco:

Default Top 5 moments against the Patriots

Take a look back at the Broncos top 5 moments against the Patriots.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...d-df06be5cc7aa

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Ultimate fans predicting a blowout in Foxboro...and we're not talking about snow

Check this out.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/1...re-not-talking

14. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Mike Klis @MikeKlis · 2h

Broncos gave tryout to rookie P Michael Palardy this week. He boots left-footed, as does NE's Ryan Allen.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

IT'S THE PATRIOTS IN THEIR HOUSE. IF YOU CAN'T GET FIRED UP FOR THAT, YOU SHOULD PROBABLY BE SELLING INSURANCE.
    That really does say it all; I admit being a bit worried a team that's had trouble getting up to play from kickoff to gun could do it THREE GAMES STRAIGHT with 10 days off before the last one—but if anyone was oblivious enough to miss what Manning and Bradys rematch of last years AFCCG means, NE annihilating Chicago in their house last week was a stark reminder. I'm confident we'll come to play, and more confident of a Foxborough win than I've been in a long time.

If anything, the risk is relaxing AFTER NE, when we might actually get away with it in terms of securing homefield, but won't get to enjoy it long if we coast through the whole last half of the season.

Adopted Bronco:

Default Heavy winds expected for Broncos-Patriots

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning will complete a full season of games against each other on Sunday when they meet for the 16th time in their storied careers. Like so many other matchups in Foxborough, this one could be affected by the weather.

The National Weather Service forecasts a chance of rain, with wind around 15 mph and gusts up to 35 mph. Temperatures are expected to be in the 40s. Last season's matchup had similarly windy conditions, and the Broncos' offense was out of sync in the second half after building up a big lead. Bill Belichick doesn't put too much stock in early forecasts.

"If I did my job the way they do theirs, I'd be here about a week," Belichick said, never afraid to put meteorologists on blast. "Look, I'm not saying I could do it better than them, I'm just saying they're wrong a lot. That's a fact. They are wrong a lot. We all make mistakes. I'm not being critical of them. I'm just saying I don't think you go based on that."
    rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...roncospatriots

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

18. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I'd rather see snow game than a cold, windy rain game for Manning.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information