Thread: Emmanuel Sanders nearly signed with Patriots

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Emmanuel Sanders nearly signed with Patriots

It didn't take long for Emmanuel Sanders to learn that he landed in "wide receiver heaven" with Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos.

A bit of a tease in Pittsburgh for four years, Sanders has cleared the century mark four times in his last six games and is coming off a career-best performance in Thursday's win over the Chargers.

Just as the Lions have been lifted by the acquisition of Golden Tate, the Broncos have hit the jackpot with Sanders.

If Sanders hadn't switched agents prior to the 2014 free agency period, though, he might have ended up on a different AFC contender.
    rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-with-patriots

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Glad he didn't wind up with the Hoodie

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

I thought we signed him right before he signed with Chiefs?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

6. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Eeeeeeeew. Makes me feel dirty just reading that.
    Go Broncos!

Meh; Logan Mankins DID sign with them, and look how that went. For that matter, Welker and Randy Moss signed with them and STILL didn't win a SB; I think Sanders is better off, and knows it.

Playing in Foxborough always sucks for us, and always sucks for Manning (last years game was the only time all season he played like CRAP) but I feel good about this one. Maybe not as good as when the Chefs pounded the snot out of NE on national TV, but good; Brady's line has grown, but is still starting a pair of rookies, Mankins is gone, Ridley and Mayo are done, Chandler Jones is out for a month, and their WRs are still a bunch of scrubs. And we get 10 days to prepare for them, while they're busy playing someone else.

Not only should we win this game, we could blow out Brady and Belicheat in their own house; how sweet would THAT be, for both the Broncos in general and Manning in particular?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

9. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Can't look back, he's a BRONCO.

11. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

They don't need him. They have Brandon LaFell and Danny Amendola.
    In Elway We Trust

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Glad he didn't wind up with the Hoodie
    Anyone even remember Decker? What an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Meh; Logan Mankins DID sign with them, and look how that went. For that matter, Welker and Randy Moss signed with them and STILL didn't win a SB; I think Sanders is better off, and knows it.

Playing in Foxborough always sucks for us, and always sucks for Manning (last years game was the only time all season he played like CRAP) but I feel good about this one. Maybe not as good as when the Chefs pounded the snot out of NE on national TV, but good; Brady's line has grown, but is still starting a pair of rookies, Mankins is gone, Ridley and Mayo are done, Chandler Jones is out for a month, and their WRs are still a bunch of scrubs. And we get 10 days to prepare for them, while they're busy playing someone else.

Not only should we win this game, we could blow out Brady and Belicheat in their own house; how sweet would THAT be, for both the Broncos in general and Manning in particular?
    Doomed

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    Doomed
    We'll see. Before declaring who's "doomed," you should compare our schedule after next weeks game to ya'lls. I'd elaborate on that, but that would defeat the purpose of not elaborating on that.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

We'll see. Before declaring who's "doomed," you should compare our schedule after next weeks game to ya'lls. I'd elaborate on that, but that would defeat the purpose of not elaborating on that.
    New Englands is really tough, I don't know about Denvers. I am not in the prediction business. I will be curious what Vegas sets the spread at.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    New Englands is really tough, I don't know about Denvers. I am not in the prediction business. I will be curious what Vegas sets the spread at.
    It's relatively easy, especially compared to starting the season vs. Arizona and half a dozen teams fresh off playoff appearances. Counting Arizona, we have 10 games against playoff teams this year, but after Foxborough 7 will be behind us, and the worst we can do in those is 5-2. After that we've got @SD, @KC (always tough) and @Cincy, but the rest are the Raiders round robin, St. Louis, Miami and Buffalo. 5 of the last 8 (including the next 3, and all the tough ones) are on the road, but playing ya'll ends the really brutal part of our schedule, where every game but one was against a playoff team.

It's hard to see how we win <12 games, and 14+ seems more likely. A lot depends on injuries, both in terms of us staying healthy and how many SD starters return for that game, but we're not the only ones who must worry about that, because ya'll go there a week before us. And their last 5 games are freakin' nightmarish (@Baltimore, us, ya'll, @SF and @KC) so I feel pretty good about winning the division, but really want to win next week to take a big lead in playoff seeding (I still don't buy Baltimore, so beating ya'll would put us multiple games up on all division winners in my mind.) *touches all wood in sight*
    Last edited by Joel; 10-26-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So the Denver Schedules and the Boston Schedules play next week.

Do the Denver Broncos and the New England Patriots?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    So the Denver Schedules and the Boston Schedules play next week.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Do the Denver Broncos and the New England Patriots?
    Yes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

No.

Yes.
    Thanks. I couldn't tell from the other posts in this thread.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information