Thread: Shooting in Seattle

Default Shooting in Seattle

A gunman believed to have opened fire at Marysville-Pilchuck High School Friday morning is dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to two law-enforcement sources.

Police have not released details, but there are reports of as many as seven other people shot about 10:45 a.m.

Three of the injured were taken by ambulance to Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett, including one with a head wound.
    http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/...k-high-school/

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Apparently 3 people are dead.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Just seen on the morning news that it was some native american dude - no idea about motives yet

I thought I heard something about possibly having his girlfriend break up with him or something. They said all the kids shot were at the same table. I'm not sure how accurate those two things are, it was being reported that other students made those statements.

It does not appear that Fryberg chose his targets at random. Two of the victims —15-year-old Andrew Fryberg and 14-year-old Nate Hatch — are his cousins, relatives said. Two other girls were also wounded.

Nate Hatch's grandfather, Don Hatch, told KOMO-TV that his grandson was close friends with the other victims in the shooting, as well as Jaylen Fryberg. The group had recently attended prom together, he added.

Erick Cervantes, a student at the school who witnessed the shootings, told KIRO-TV that teacher Megan Silberberger confronted Fryberg before he shot himself. Officials did not identify her as the cafeteria worker who tried to intervene in the shooting.

"I believe she's actually the real hero. She's the one that intercepted him with the gun. He tried either reloading or tried aiming at her. She tried moving his hand away and he tried shooting and shot himself in the neck," Cervantes told the TV station.

He said the gunshots followed a verbal altercation.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ting/17898081/

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Crazy

Just as a reminder, this thread is in Chit Chat, so should not have any discussion about anything of a political nature. I only mention it, because sometimes you see a thread popup on new posts and might assume this one is in politics.

From that quote I posted above, if it is correct, he might not have killed himself on purpose, but might have accidentally shot himself after being confronted by a teacher. Here is a link with more quotes from the student that witnessed it and said the teacher ran into the cafeteria, grabbed his arm and then the gun went off (was he trying to shoot himself or her?) and he shot himself.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/stud...shooter/nhrXZ/

Either way, this young teacher is a hero for running towards gun fire and confronting an armed student.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Should we just move this thread into politics - because it is invariably going to go that way!

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Here in Anchorage, They had a kid kill his girlfriend over a breakup. Plenty of fish in the sea, fellas, no chick is worth killing and ruining your life. Both situations are so cowardly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Not cowardly IMO - just so disproportionate and down right crazy.

If a chick broke up with me, i would get extremely drunk and attempt to find another one - if not, probably get the lads to pay for one. next day, i would be ready to move on, If my wife broke up with me, i would think - yes, bed to myself, TV to myself, College Ball and Soccer all day Sat, NLF all day Sunday - nice one.

all of this sans mass shooting spree

One of the two wounded girls, 14 year old Gia Soriana, was removed from life support and died.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information