View Poll Results: Who should be the starting RB when Ball returns?

Voters
50. This poll is closed
  • Hillman

43 86.00%
  • Ball

7 14.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who should be the Broncos starting running back when Ball is healthy again?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

My issues with Hillman were a) fumbling and b) pass blocking. He seems to have become satisfactory at both and he's explosive on a fast field. Ball is not exactly fumble-free himself although I think he's a better inside runner.

So, ball would probably be the choice in goal-line, short yardage and bad weather games although Gase will probably find a way to utilize both and keep them fresh for the stretch run and the playoffs.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    For me, Hillman with no question.

This^^^^^. Ball already knows it.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

We used 2nd round picks on running backs in back to back drafts, so at least one of them is working out.

Ball never fit a spread offense anyway, and he doesn't fit ANY offense when he runs as hesitantly as he has been. He looks like the Colts version of Trent Richardson and his 2.4 YPC.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    We used 2nd round picks on running backs in back to back drafts, so at least one of them is working out.

Ball never fit a spread offense anyway, and he doesn't fit ANY offense when he runs as hesitantly as he has been. He looks like the Colts version of Trent Richardson and his 2.4 YPC.
    I'm not giving up on Ball, but we aren't exactly a pro style ground n pound offense. We are in the same position we were 2 years ago. Ronnie was the newest toy so he got the start over Moreno even though Moreno had more experience. Ronnie played himself out of a job. Moreno came in and we improved.

Now we start Ball because he's the newest toy and starter by default. He got hurt and Ronnie's experience in the offense and confidence after having to sit is showing.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post

Hillman was a 3rd rd pick not 2nd, just FYI.

Ball may fit the blocking scheme we are running now. Gase completely gave up on JT blocking lbs, he now motions across and gets them. We are also now running a better zone because of it. As evidence by the many, now wide open holes, and fewer defense guys in the backfield.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Why do you think I would choose ball?

All along I have said our run game has sucked not because of the RB but because of the OL. If hillman started the year I would still be adamant of the same and people would be calling for Ball to the starter....or Juwann...or CJ. Somehow people seem to think of it as a Hillman vs ball thing.

Having said that I have never liked hillman, not one bit. But damn is he running his little ass off right now! I still fear he is not the guy but if he keeps playing like this it will not matter. I also still believe that when Ball comes back he does equally as good of a job, just like Juwann would right now or CJ- if given the reps.

Maybe what all of our RBs need is a sit in the doghouse. Knowshon worked well. Hillman is doing it. Maybe CJ and Ball need their time in the penalty box.
    Because you defended Ball when everyone was bashing the hell out of him.

I thought the poll was public. How come there are 2 anonymous votes for Ball?

Hillman was a 3rd rd pick not 2nd, just FYI.
    You're right, I don't know why I thought he was a 2nd round pick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post

I think non-members can vote in polls.

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I think non-members can vote in polls.
    Guests can vote? How un-american.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Guests can vote? How un-american.
    Next thing you know they are gonna start letting women vote.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Hillman.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

I did yes, but had it been any other rb I would have defended them too. Even Hillman who I do not like.did not like. Not sure if I like. But I'm starting to like. I was taking issue with the OL and the scheme. Which both, OL and scheme have been changed and fixed for the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy better.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

I don't mind being the only guy to vote for Ball. Denver's going to need him. I am worried that his confidence is shot. You could see it in the way he played before he got hurt. Now that he's hurt, he's got that sad puppy dog look on his face while Hillman's being productive.

I don't mind being the only guy to vote for Ball. Denver's going to need him. I am worried that his confidence is shot. You could see it in the way he played before he got hurt. Now that he's hurt, he's got that sad puppy dog look on his face while Hillman's being productive.

He will bounce back. I have no worries about ball. The radio said it best. He is on the outside looking in and not liking it. He will come back for the better because of it.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

He will bounce back. I have no worries about ball. The radio said it best. He is on the outside looking in and not liking it. He will come back for the better because of it.
    He looked like he was about to cry during the San Diego game.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information