View Poll Results: Who should be the starting RB when Ball returns?

Voters
50. This poll is closed
  • Hillman

43 86.00%
  • Ball

7 14.00%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who should be the Broncos starting running back when Ball is healthy again?

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Default Who should be the Broncos starting running back when Ball is healthy again?

With Hillmans strong showing should he or Ball be the starting RB when Ball is healthy again?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

For me, Hillman with no question.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I'm team Hillman on this one too. I never would have thought that at the beginning of the season but we are clearly running the ball better since Ball went down. With that said Thompson and Anderson have been running the ball well as well.

5. The Following User High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

The job was Ball's to lose - as far as i am concerned his lack of production, injury and Hillmans performance in his absence - the job is lost.

But the O-Line must also take some credit as they seem to be getting it together, which coincided with Ball's injury

7. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Hillman deserves to be the starter. But I worry about his durability, so I would start Hillman but limit his carries and split the rest between Thompson and Ball.

I said in the game thread that Hillman won this job. Maybe his success coincides with better OL play, but his burst and speed have been great and I can't see Ball putting up the numbers Hillman has recently.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Ball will be the 3rd stringer when he comes back without question. Those are the breaks.

12. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

The only thing that could put Hillman's grasp on the #1 spot in jeopardy is a return of his fumbleitis.
    Go Broncos!

I voted for Ball.

In before U29 gets here.

I think Ball will be the goal line back, but Hillman is the best RB on the roster from what I've seen.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

If Ball's durability wasn't an issue the Bills are in dire need of RB help with the trade deadline approaching.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    If Ball's durability wasn't an issue the Bills are in dire need of RB help with the trade deadline approaching.
    I wouldn't want to do that. Not yet. Long season ahead for a SB run. I like depth and depth that knows the offense and protecting the QB from the backfield. Ball does that well.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Dennis Smith #49

I love Hillman's explosiveness (which he is finally showing on the field) and he adds the speed along with Sanders that our offense lacked last year. But with the changing of the weather, it's important to have some tough runners (thompson and ball) in the fold. We have no idea whether his explosiveness will be quite as effective in the cold months ahead. Plus, the durability issue that was brought up has to be monitored. So a good rotation going forward is key to keeping this offense running smoothly til the playoffs hit.

So, Hillman should stay at the top spot, but a good rotation will need to be set. I see Ball getting his opportunities as the playoffs get closer and the weather gets worse.
    A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often.
    Oliver Herford

19. The Following 5 Users High Fived D1g1tal j1m For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I think Ball will be the goal line back, but Hillman is the best RB on the roster from what I've seen.
    From what I've seen, Thompson is a better goal line and sort yardage option than Ball has been to date.

21. The Following 5 Users High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    From what I've seen, Thompson is a better goal line and sort yardage option than Ball has been to date.
    Maybe. Thompson's TD last night came from the FB spot..having the advantage of the "quick" hand off when the defense is basically watching Hillman. Thompson runs tough, and I'm not taking anything away from him. I was basically meaning because of size, Ball is better for GL than Hilllman. I'm not saying you are wrong, but I haven't seen anything from Thompson, yet, that makes me confident that is the case.

23. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information