Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Peyton tells Denver Crowd to shut up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Default Peyton tells Denver Crowd to shut up.

Ridiculous. I contend that his need for a library quiet stadium when he is on offense is a large part of why he struggles at times especially in the Super Bowls. The Super Bowl has crowds that are mostly non fans and ones where he has no sway over the crowd. Get over it and play football!

I recall Elway and company talking about it being so loud at home at times that they had a hard time hearing their own calls but they relished it.
    Last edited by jhildebrand; 10-24-2014 at 10:59 PM.

3. The Following 5 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    Ridiculous. I contend that his need for a library quiet stadium when he is on offense his a large part of why he struggles at times especially in the Super Bowls. The Super Bowl has crowds that are mostly non fans and ones where he has no sway over the crowd. Get over it and play football!

I recall Elway and company talking about it being so loud at home at times that they had a hard time hearing their own calls but they relished it.
    I would agree with this. There are just some things that you can't control. I think it would serve him better to let go of trying to control it. As Nike says....Just Do It!

5. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Is it not common knowledge in Denver to be quiet when the offense is lined up?

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Ridiculous. I contend that his need for a library quiet stadium when he is on offense his a large part of why he struggles at times especially in the Super Bowls. The Super Bowl has crowds that are mostly non fans and ones where he has no sway over the crowd. Get over it and play football!

Exactly - it was a HUGE factor in our SB loss IMHO
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

9. The Following User High Fived OB For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    I've been to 3 games this year and Denver has been remarkably quiet when Peyton has the ball. Much more so than last year. The last couple of years it has been an issue, but this year, it's definitely been different at the games I went to. Much quieter.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

I agree. In fact, in other game day threads, posters were calling out the fans for making noise when the Broncos were on offense. I'm sure the fans in Seattle do not make noise when their offense is on the field.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

He was looking at the sideline when that happened, not the crowd. Talib and a few other players were dancing it up on the sideline, which in turn was put on the big screen by the sound man, which in turn caused the crowd to follow along.

Manning was telling the sideline to shut up, not the crowd.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

We should prank call Manning all night before a game so he doesn't get much rest. We should throw eggs at the players before they enter the stadium. We need to make home games feel like road games so the team is always prepared. It's genius.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

We should prank call Manning all night before a game so he doesn't get much rest. We should throw eggs at the players before they enter the stadium. We need to make home games feel like road games so the team is always prepared. It's genius.
    LOL, good point.

Hey, I like Mannings perfection.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Read that Manning was pissed at the scoreboard operator, as he was playing music and showing aqib talib dancing on the sidelines which got the crowd fired up when Manning and co. were on the field.

Regardless of whether the SB is loud or not, your home should respect it, and keep quiet while the offence is on the field. I wouldn't go as far and start ridiculing people in the stands that are cheering, I would just question why you would when you should know Manning wants a quiet environment. Even if the casual fan doesn't know they should be quiet, on almost every scoreboard, even the small ones, has something saying "quiet please".

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived tripp For This Post:

I disagree. One has nothing to do with another.

When they are preparing to play on the road, they prepare with hand signals, and the like. At home, it's assumed, not just in Denver, but other places, that the crowd won't be screaming and stomping when the offense is on the field. Elway and Sharpe used to do the same thing to the home crowd back in the '90s. It's not that you "can't" play with crowd noise, it's that in the week leading up to a home game, you don't prepare based on a hostile, loud crowd.

Making the statement that Manning can't plan in noise, indicates that he can't win on the road, at least in noisy stadiums. Look at his record in Denver, as well as Indy, and that assumption just falls flat.

22. The Following 8 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    Read that Manning was pissed at the scoreboard operator, as he was playing music and showing aqib talib dancing on the sidelines which got the crowd fired up when Manning and co. were on the field.

Regardless of whether the SB is loud or not, your home should respect it, and keep quiet while the offence is on the field. I wouldn't go as far and start ridiculing people in the stands that are cheering, I would just question why you would when you should know Manning wants a quiet environment. Even if the casual fan doesn't know they should be quiet, on almost every scoreboard, even the small ones, has something saying "quiet please".
    Yea, it's called a home field advantage for a reason, and that reason isn't just because you get to sleep in your own bed (actually, a lot of teams put their players up in local hotels prior to home games, can't remember if Denver does, but I think so).

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I have no problem with him saying that.

26. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information