Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Emmanuel Sanders Appreciation Thread

... and he speaks English too! Nice to see him in the post game show.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I am appreciative of his efforts.

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

We needed his skillset soo bad. A quick, dynamic receiver with good route running and hands to go to when DT is getting doubled. And he is way tougher than I thought. He has taken some serious hits, and still caught the ball. Stud indeed. And his block that sprung Hillman for the long run was awesome.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I've said in the Cardinals game day thread, but appropriate here too. Sanders is quickly becoming my favorite offensive player. Not saying he is the 'best', just really like the attitude/heart and the way he just leaves it all on the field.

Also, I'd kill for his teeth. They are really something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    just really like the attitude/heart and the way he just leaves it all on the field.
    fo sho
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Was very humble "happy to be here" in the NFL Network postgame interview. Realizes how blessed he is to be playing in an offense with other great weapons and Manning delivering the ball. What more could you want?

I don't want to hear any more crying about letting Decker and Moreno go. Both are good players but we found better alternatives for less money.

I bet when we cut Welker loose after this year that Sanders will do more of Welker's stuff (already does) and then Lattimer will get added to the mix and the offense will, again, tick like clockwork. DT and JT will get their raises but they better notice how Decker and Welker are eased out to make room for their salaries.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Another genius signing by Elway. What a difference when you have someone with an eye for talent running your team.

Sanders is very explosive and a burner. We needed that last year.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Speaking of Sanders, here's an article this morning on the "Manning Effect", which focuses on E:

In Denver's 35-21 win over the Chargers on Thursday night, Sanders was targeted nine times by Peyton Manning. He caught all nine of those passes, including some spectacular grabs, and finished with 120 yards and three touchdowns. It puts his season total at 47 catches, 634 yards, and four touchdowns. Last season as the number two receiver for the Steelers, a team that you would think had far more opportunities for Sanders than the Broncos' loaded offense would, Sanders had 67 catches, 740 yards and six touchdowns in 16 games.

And those were all considerable career-highs.
    The rest: http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...peyton-manning

Adopted Bronco:

I'm always reminded of going to SMU his senior year to play UTEP. I typically dont go to SMU for games unless they are playing A&M, but a friend's cousin played for UTEP and he asked me to go, so me and my then 14 year old son went. It was a fun game to watch and a lot of the talk was about the UTEP running back rushing for 200 yards, but Sanders lit it up that day and I remember thinking he'd look nice in Denver opposite Brandon Marshall. Took 5 years and the roster is completely different...but I'm liking the way he looks in Denver, period.

14. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Can ya wait 10 days? Rookie linemen, scrub WRs, soft front four... that's gonna be sweet....

Nice to see Sanders with 4 TDs in as many days (and some AMAZINGLY pretty ones.) What's not to like? Like VonDoom says, blazing speed, soft hands, shrugs off tackles: What more IS there?
    So then, you're on to Oakland?

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Great pick up by me for my Fantasy league - woot woot

Dude killed it last night - I have him and Hillman - would have destroyed it had it not been for the TD being negated by the penalty
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    So then, you're on to Oakland?
    Nah, we play 7 of our first 8 games against 2013 playoff teams (I'm counting Arizona, because 10 wins in THAT division—playing NO, Carolina and Indy—is playoff-calibre, and they'd have made it anywhere else.) We're 6-1 through the first 7, with the sole loss in OT to the defending SB Champs in their artificially loud stadium, but we've got one more (formerly) legit team to beat before the easy part.

Weak though that division is, the Pats are still its best team until/unless Miami proves otherwise (sorry, Buffalo, but it ain't gonna happen with Orton.) Both we and Manning have considerable Foxborough demons to exorcise, too; there were two games NO ONE was looking past this year: The SB rematch, and the AFCCG rematch. Best bring ya'lls A game; you'll probably need it. I think Vollmer and Solder very underrated, but apart from them, Brady and Ninkovich, can't think of anyone on that whole team who worries me.

Not on to Oakland just yet, and you can bet the TEAM'S not. If only because this is a scenario so favorable against such a bitter foe it merits savoring. I'm won't guarantee a win given our Foxborough record, but I'd rather be us than ya'll right now. And as far as looking past games, feel free to focus so heavily on us you ignore the Bears tomorrow.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    We needed his skillset soo bad. A quick, dynamic receiver with good route running and hands to go to when DT is getting doubled. And he is way tougher than I thought. He has taken some serious hits, and still caught the ball. Stud indeed. And his block that sprung Hillman for the long run was awesome.
    I look at Emmanuel Sanders as the same type of player as Percy Harvin, look how Dynamic the Seahawks were with him, now their offence is flat. Sanders is explosive, and last Thursday he demonstrated to me, which was probably already known to Steelers fans world wide, that he has great hands too. That TD that Emmanuel did a 5 yard slant inside which was caught over top of a CB in double coverage was amazing, the height and the hands was impressive. I also love his energy. At times our offence can look pretty robotic in our emotions, it's nice to see someone get fired up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    with the sole loss in OT to the defending SB Champs in their artificially loud stadium, but we've got one more (formerly) legit team to beat before the easy part.
    Love the choice of words, and couldn't of said it any better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    I look at Emmanuel Sanders as the same type of player as Percy Harvin, look how Dynamic the Seahawks were with him, now their offence is flat. Sanders is explosive, and last Thursday he demonstrated to me, which was probably already known to Steelers fans world wide, that he has great hands too. That TD that Emmanuel did a 5 yard slant inside which was caught over top of a CB in double coverage was amazing, the height and the hands was impressive. I also love his energy. At times our offence can look pretty robotic in our emotions, it's nice to see someone get fired up.
    Supposedly the Steeler fan knock on Sanders was that he dropped a fair amount of passes, either due to his hands or his concentration. So far, that has not been the case here, and he has been better than advertised.

22. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information