Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Chargers 10/23/14

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Living in SD, I haven't run into any fans in my realm that thought it was game-deciding. Annoyed but not conspiratorial.

I don't doubt they exist, but that's going too far. I had a few reservations going into the game, but it's clear officials or no officials SD got outplayed by a better team.

Denver with a defense is a dangerous thing.
    Check out this thread on a Chargers message board. It's not all of them but thee are several that thought that was deciding factor.

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=102093

Here's their post game thread:

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=102130

By no means to I think this is unique to the Charger fans. It can be found everywhere including Denver fans.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Peter King discussing the "fumble" by Caldwell:

You’re not going to convince me the replay was botched. I believe referee Terry McAulay got it right when he went under the hood, ruling the original call on the field of a fumble should be overturned. The key thing to watch, and I urge you to go back and study it: When Caldwell’s forearm touches the ground, look at the ball in the crook of his arm. Caldwell still has it, though almost simultaneously to the forearm touching the ground, the ball moves in his arm. The key thing is, the ball moves but is not knocked away. “Slight movement does not constitute a loss of possession,” NFL VP of officiating Dean Blandino said on his officiating training tape for the media and for teams over the weekend. “The forearm was down, and the player still had control of the loose ball.”

Just because a play is close does not mean it cannot be overturned. I have been an advocate that a replay has to show irrefutable evidence for a call on the field to be overturned. Yes, this play is close. Yes, there is clear evidence that Caldwell possessed it when his forearm hit the ground, meaning it should have been overturned.
    http://mmqb.si.com/2014/10/27/nfl-we...ord-passing/6/

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

Charger fans don't want to hear this. I honestly don't fault them for not wanting to hear it but still. This isn't the only call they're hopping mad about. They think the deep pass to Floyd that was intercepted by Moore should have been pass interference.

Just because a play is close does not mean it cannot be overturned. I have been an advocate that a replay has to show irrefutable evidence for a call on the field to be overturned. Yes, this play is close. Yes, there is clear evidence that Caldwell possessed it when his forearm hit the ground, meaning it should have been overturned.
    It's good to know Peter King reads my stuff.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Charger fans don't want to hear this. I honestly don't fault them for not wanting to hear it but still. This isn't the only call they're hopping mad about. They think the deep pass to Floyd that was intercepted by Moore should have been pass interference.
    It goes both ways. Giving Rivers a fresh set of downs on silly PI call in the redzone is a bit on the dubious side.

Ultimately it doesn't matter. The better team won. SD fans know that the Broncos are the better team. If they don't, they are just deluding themselves. I'm not saying this out of arrogance, and I would (not so) happily admit it if the Chargers were the more complete team. They just aren't. You can hem and haw all you want about what if's, but they aren't a completely binary operation. Just because SD gets the ball back there, or even takes the lead, it simply doesn't mean the Broncos lose the football game. It's highly likely that in a different position, the broncos would have taken a different approach and still won. Once again, because they are the better team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

7. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    It goes both ways. Giving Rivers a fresh set of downs on silly PI call in the redzone is a bit on the dubious side.

Ultimately it doesn't matter. The better team won. SD fans know that the Broncos are the better team. If they don't, they are just deluding themselves. I'm not saying this out of arrogance, and I would (not so) happily admit it if the Chargers were the more complete team. They just aren't. You can hem and haw all you want about what if's, but they aren't a completely binary operation. Just because SD gets the ball back there, or even takes the lead, it simply doesn't mean the Broncos lose the football game. It's highly likely that in a different position, the broncos would have taken a different approach and still won. Once again, because they are the better team.
    There are many charger that think that a healthy Chargers team is as good as Denver.

I agree all of the calls they think the Chargers were hosed didn't cost them game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Not too worried - this is SD's Roc Alexander game. (Albeit not in the playoffs)
    You could just feel it coming as it was happening... Poor *******.

Chargers cut cornerback Richard Marshall - http://espn.go.com/blog/san-diego-ch...chard-marshall

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

Thanks. I read the column this morning, but didn't get to the end. I did a double take at his "fine fifteen", though. Denver is #1, and he writes "Now comes the tough part of the schedule." What, Indy, KC, Seattle, Arizona, SF and SD weren't hard enough for you??

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Thanks. I read the column this morning, but didn't get to the end. I did a double take at his "fine fifteen", though. Denver is #1, and he writes "Now comes the tough part of the schedule." What, Indy, KC, Seattle, Arizona, SF and SD weren't hard enough for you??
    I believe he's referring to all the road games left. BRONCOS had only 2 road games so far, and struggled. The win is all that matters, but it may not come easy

Default That's just madness

I know we've had many home games, and this starts a 3-game road trip, but... no. @NE game marks the END of the rough stretch of our schedule: All but ONE opponent in the first HALF OF OUR SCHEDULE is fresh off a playoff berth (yes, I'm still counting Arizona as a playoff team.) Would you rather play SF at home, or @Oakland? @Arrowhead and @SD will be tough (especially if SD's healthy again) and potentially @Cincy, but the rest? St. Louis, Buffalo, Miami and the Raiders round robin, with 3 of those 5 soft opponents in Denver. If we don't win over a dozen games, it'll only be because we flat out BLEW some.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I believe he's referring to all the road games left. BRONCOS had only 2 road games so far, and struggled. The win is all that matters, but it may not come easy
    I realized that's what he meant, and I agree, six out of eight road games will be a challenge. But our first half schedule was brutal, and we've already come out of it better than I had hoped.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I know we've had many home games, and this starts a 3-game road trip, but... no. @NE game marks the END of the rough stretch of our schedule: All but ONE opponent in the first HALF OF OUR SCHEDULE is fresh off a playoff berth (yes, I'm still counting Arizona as a playoff team.) Would you rather play SF at home, or @Oakland? @Arrowhead and @SD will be tough (especially if SD's healthy again) and potentially @Cincy, but the rest? St. Louis, Buffalo, Miami and the Raiders round robin, with 3 of those 5 soft opponents in Denver. If we don't win over a dozen games, it'll only be because we flat out BLEW some.
    If we win this week, we will be in tremendous shape for that number one seed. I assume we'd win our home games, as well as at Oakland and at St Louis (let's just assume for a minute). That would give us 12 right there, and I assume we'll win at least one or two of at SD / at KC / at Cin

15. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

If we win this week, we will be in tremendous shape for that number one seed. I assume we'd win our home games, as well as at Oakland and at St Louis (let's just assume for a minute). That would give us 12 right there, and I assume we'll win at least one or two of at SD / at KC / at Cin
    Win this week and we're practically uncatchable for playoff homefield.

2 games plus the tiebreak up on Indy
    2 games plus the tiebreak up on NE
    1½ games up on Cincy, tiebreak pending
    2 games up on SD, and we CAN'T lose the first tiebreak, while we're 2-0 in the division and they're 1-2: The BEST they can finish is 4-2, which we'd match by sweeping Oakland

The only real fly in the ointment is Houston or Baltimore coming back to win one of those divisions, since we don't play them, but right now we'd also be 2 games up on Baltimore and 3 on Houston. Also, the back half of SD and NEs schedule is nearly as tough as ours, so it's hard for SD to match us even if they win the rematch, and it'll be just as hard for NE if we win there. Trouble is, NE knows all that, too: Another reason next week's game is huge. Win by ANY margin and we'll be not just the popular but MATHEMATICAL favorite to win the AFC (or at least its top seed.)
    Last edited by Joel; 10-27-2014 at 07:53 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information