Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Is this what it felt like 20 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by OB View Post
    OMG me too!!! Im sure in a completely different way than you (maybe?) I have four broncos jerseys and he is one of the ones I have (Davis, Elway and Thomas are the other 3) I did not like the spitting incident - I dont have respect for spitters - but his intensity (even though some may call it "roid rage") was hard to match
    it was roid rage and you and 9er a couple of freaks

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    it was roid rage and you and 9er a couple of freaks
    I was young and impressionable - thats my excuse
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I cried when the Broncos won against Green Bay and I didn't even cry when my parents died (individually, I loved them both but I just don't cry in those situations for some reason).
    I, too, have cried more over sports events than sad personal events - although I am lucky that I can say the great sports events have greatly outweighed the sad events in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I couldn't put my finger on it until I saw this thread, but until the game last week against the 49ers I hadn't had a feeling like that watching a Broncos game since the '98 team. It seemed like the games were always out of hand by halftime then we would just sick TD on them with the running game and close it out. It was just expected to get a touchdown on the opening drive and be up by 17 points or so at the half. I don't remember fearing any team that year, and even the Giants and Miami losses felt like flukes. The Superbowl was boring against Atlanta in a good way. You just never doubted they would win.
    I have never seen a running back get so dominant as the game went on like TD did. He killed teams in the fourth quarter. It was unreal.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    and even the Giants and Miami losses felt like flukes.
    They were.

I so enjoyed utterly DESTROYING Miami in the playoffs. All that shit they talked after their regular season i had no doubt we were going to stomp a mudhole in their asses in Denver. During that time was the greatest feeling in the world.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    They were.

I so enjoyed utterly DESTROYING Miami in the playoffs. All that shit they talked after their regular season i had no doubt we were going to stomp a mudhole in their asses in Denver. During that time was the greatest feeling in the world.
    I can still remember Jimmy Johnson's scowl as he walked across the field to shake Shanny's hand after we curb stomped them. He looked like somebody stole his lunch money.

9. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by OB View Post
    OMG me too!!! Im sure in a completely different way than you (maybe?) I have four broncos jerseys and he is one of the ones I have (Davis, Elway and Thomas are the other 3) I did not like the spitting incident - I dont have respect for spitters - but his intensity (even though some may call it "roid rage") was hard to match
    I knew you like the bad boys.

They were.

If I remember correctly that was Marino's last game and the Broncos hung a 50 burger on the Dolphins!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    They were.

If I remember correctly that was Marino's last game and the Broncos hung a 50 burger on the Dolphins!
    That was a game vs Jax where they ripped Miami to shreds I think it was like 62-7 or something absurd.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    That was a game vs Jax where they ripped Miami to shreds I think it was like 62-7 or something absurd.
    You're right. Denver sent Marino into retirement after a 38-3 win. The even bigger blowout was the Jags.

15. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information