Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: British govt. wants NFL London team

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Dave, I have a hypothetical for you.....

Let's say the Broncos play in London and are the home team. Let's also say they're on offense and the crowd is loud.

What is the proper English way for Peyton to angrily tell the home crowd to shut the hell up?
    Honestly - it would not matter what he did - they would not get it. They would probably get louder because they thought he was encouraging them.

But i guess if he put his finger to his face guard in a pronounce way making a "shh" gesture, that would probably work

Quote Originally Posted by daveaitken18 View Post

But i guess if he put his finger to his face guard in a pronounce way making a "shh" gesture, that would probably work
    That's actually not a bad idea because I think the next time he wildly flaps his arms he is going to take flight.

3. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i think it would be cool to have a NFL team in London.

Forget the teams going to play there. Would be harder for the London team going back and forth.

But one of the things that soccer has right, is having countries play against each other.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

A team in England is just weapons grade stupid.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

6. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

Forget the teams going to play there. Would be harder for the London team going back and forth.

But one of the things that soccer has right, is having countries play against each other.
    Which is the only way to solve the travel problem, because you can fly between any two Western European points in a couple hours, and it's mostly north/south, so jet lag's negligible. It's also the best way to develop rivalries and popular interest in both the sport generally and individual games particularly.

Yet, as much as I'd like to see the NFL return to a 2X3X5 alignment, moving NFL teams is probably a bad idea. They'd be far better off developing native talent, maybe skip a draft altogether and recruit national teams to play in a European league for a European championship, like the IFAFs European branch already does. Keep the Björn Werners and Håvard Ruglands as elite talents around which to build interest in and loyalty to European gridiron teams, then maybe 10-20 years later we'll reach a level where a transatlantic Super Bowl's feasible.

One thing that MIGHT work in conjunction would be borrowing FIFAs relegation/promotion practice: Keep 30 NFL teams and demote each conferences worst one to the European league, while promoting teams contesting the European championship. At first there'd be a lot of back and forth every year, but it would eventually stabilize (especially if the relegated/promoted teams played each other) and soon after a true WORLD Championship between the US and European champs would be possible. I must concede though that part of why I like this idea is that the Jags and Browns should've been relegated long ago.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

It's called the NFL (National Football League) for a reason. Cities from our Nation playing each other right. Say no to London.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    It's called the NFL (National Football League) for a reason. Cities from our Nation playing each other right. Say no to London.
    That title is relevant/accurate as long as it is relevant/accurate - maybe you will change its name - to be more relevant/accurate once a team in london is established

changing a name is hardly an impossibllity - look at the WWE

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That title is relevant/accurate as long as it is relevant/accurate - maybe you will change its name - to be more relevant/accurate once a team in london is established

changing a name is hardly an impossibllity - look at the WWE
    The only reason the WWE changed its name was because it was going to lose a lawsuit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The only reason the WWE changed its name was because it was going to lose a lawsuit.
    yeah - but it changed it and was still a commercial success.

You know i don't support this London Team argument - but i hate empty and shallow statements like "N stands for national" as a means to refute the London team - there are a million good reasons not to have a london team, the title of NFL is not one of them

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

yeah - but it changed it and was still a commercial success.

You know i don't support this London Team argument - but i hate empty and shallow statements like "N stands for national" as a means to refute the London team - there are a million good reasons not to have a london team, the title of NFL is not one of them
    That's fair.

14. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The NBA and NHL have teams in Canada, so that right there renders that argument pointless.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

I don't mind teams in Canada. Still in North America.
    That's it.... The North American Football League. NAFL !!
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Does this mean we must go back to snapping with our feet or stop calling it "football"?
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

19. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information