Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Football Gameplan's 2014 Week 8 Preview - Broncos vs Chargers

Default Football Gameplan's 2014 Week 8 Preview - Broncos vs Chargers

FBGP's Broncos vs Chargers Video Preview

Good afternoon Broncos fans! Good luck tomorrow!

Em

2. The Following User High Fived EmDiggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

If the Chargers weren't so banged up I would be inclined to agree with that they match up well with the Broncos. However I would still give the advantage to the Broncos.

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Phyliss usually shines against us but I'm hoping our DL continues it's domination and we get a convincing win at home.

5. The Following User High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

This guy isn't even the countess of tether ball much less czar of football, we don't " scheme " pressure with von and ware, they are pressure. Broncos 35 dolts 17.
    Famous quotes by me:
    "When life gives you lemons, it's probably trying to occupy your hands so it can kick you in the nuts."
    "There is a fine line between genius and insanity... stupid has no such boundaries."

- Gimpygod | I'm famous suckers! Video proof

7. The Following User High Fived Gimpygod For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpygod View Post
    This guy isn't even the countess of tether ball much less czar of football, we don't " scheme " pressure with von and ware, they are pressure. Broncos 35 dolts 17.
    Come on Gimpy be nice.

If you have a hankering for using that tremendous wit of yours try Joel he's all warmed up.

The video was made prior to the Chargers announcing the injury report for the week

But as for Gimpy God, I'll be waiting for your detailed breakdown based off your OWN thoughts and not what's being influenced by Fantasy Football, Box Scores, PFF grades & Madden.

10. The Following User High Fived EmDiggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Oh shit, Em just put him in his place.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
    The video was made prior to the Chargers announcing the injury report for the week

But as for Gimpy God, I'll be waiting for your detailed breakdown based off your OWN thoughts and not what's being influenced by Fantasy Football, Box Scores, PFF grades & Madden.
    So if you had known what the injury was it might have influenced your prediction? I'm just curious.

Emory-

I agree the Chargers match up well with the Broncos, but I don't agree with your pick, even if the Chargers were healthy on both sides of the ball. I think Denver's defense is too good this year for that to happen. No one has been able to run on Denver's base set this year, and it's pass D speaks for itself.

Additionally, I think Denver will have an emotional advantage due to remembering last year's Thursday night loss at home to SD. I don't think this Broncos team will let that happen two years in a row, healthy Chargers or not.

But once again, good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    So if you had known what the injury was it might have influenced your prediction? I'm just curious.
    Slightly, but not completely, b/c I think they'd try and bracket DT and trust their personnel vs everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Emory-

I agree the Chargers match up well with the Broncos, but I don't agree with your pick, even if the Chargers were healthy on both sides of the ball. I think Denver's defense is too good this year for that to happen. No one has been able to run on Denver's base set this year, and it's pass D speaks for itself.

Additionally, I think Denver will have an emotional advantage due to remembering last year's Thursday night loss at home to SD. I don't think this Broncos team will let that happen two years in a row, healthy Chargers or not.

But once again, good stuff.
    Thanks Al! What will be interesting to see if the Broncos carry over that Running Game to tonight. I'm glad Hillman had a very good game (for his own psyche). It's tough for a RB to shake that 'fumbler' tag and he did well last week..which is HUGE going forward

Quote Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
    Slightly, but not completely, b/c I think they'd try and bracket DT and trust their personnel vs everyone else.

Thanks Al! What will be interesting to see if the Broncos carry over that Running Game to tonight. I'm glad Hillman had a very good game (for his own psyche). It's tough for a RB to shake that 'fumbler' tag and he did well last week..which is HUGE going forward
    I agree, I was honestly surprised he did as well as he did, although he had some pretty good lanes to run through. However, all of the credit doesn't just go to the line because he showed good burst outrunning the LB's on several plays.

Personally, I think Thompson is the one to watch. He has the best YPC of all of the backs in Denver's stable and almost never goes down on first contact. He's the toughest runner I've seen in Denver in a long time.

16. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

This years Chargers = Last years Chiefs

Over rated.

I don't play fantasy football, can't play Madden... yet I picked the winning team and just about nailed the final score. You did neither, why? Because you think symbols (X's and O's) play the game when, in fact, athletes do. Case in point Emanuel Sanders touchdown where he was bracketed over and under with inside help. You would say perfect scheme defense wins, PFM and Emanuel "didjoojustseedat" Sanders said touchdown! I accept your apology.

P.S. I really admire your hard work and dedication toward your business. Best wishes and all that.
    Famous quotes by me:
    "When life gives you lemons, it's probably trying to occupy your hands so it can kick you in the nuts."
    "There is a fine line between genius and insanity... stupid has no such boundaries."

- Gimpygod | I'm famous suckers! Video proof

19. The Following User High Fived Gimpygod For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Em's response to Gimpy brought to mind Cartman screaming "respect my au-thor-a-tie!".
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

21. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Come on guys Emory doesn't have come in and give us his analysis but he doesn't anyway. He doesn't come in here to smack talk us he just simply comes in to give his take on the game. I don't think anyone can say he doesn't give sound reasoning for his picks. Like all of us he doesn't always get it but many times he nails it. He's a class act.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 10-25-2014 at 08:01 AM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information