Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Football Gameplan's 2014 Week 8 Preview - Broncos vs Chargers

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Come on guys Emory doesn't have come in and give us his analysis but he doesn't anyway. He doesn't come in here to smack talk us he just simply comes in to give his take on the game. I don't think anyone can say he doesn't give sound reasoning for his picks. Like all of us he doesn't always get it but many times he nails it. He's a class act.
    Meh.

Gimpy didn't like his analysis and took a shot at him, Em responded by taking a shot at the kind of analysis this entire MB gives on a daily basis, it's a good thing we don't take ourselves as seriously as Em takes himself.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

I often disagree with Emorys conclusions, but ALWAYS respect the time and effort he spends doing his homework and the analysis needed to REACH and SUPPORT those conclusions.

My impression, FWIW, is about half a dozen folks here are cerebral and football-obsessed enough to appreciate that, but several times as many are just rah-rah fans with no interest in ANY analysis longer or deeper than a buzzed halftime discussion at a sports bar. That's fine; they're welcome and encouraged to keep moving, with no obligation to show their superficial awareness in empty kool-aid-chugging "WE'RE #!111" and "your ability to follow a train of thought >5 seconds proves you're an idiot" insults. Note I'm pointing no fingers at anyone: Then watch who indicts themselves.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

It's also worth noting, btw, that even for very contemplative people who do their homework, it's much harder to get a detailed read on 32 teams than 1, so people hyperanalyzing their favorite team tend to do better than people analyzing ALL of them, simply because there's a TON of data on each one and only so many hours in a day. This game went about like I expected it would if we played up to our ability:

Two very good WR corps slugged it out, but ours is better, and our secondary's MUCH better than a SD secondary that was weak the past two years and lost both starting CBs before this game. We got to Rivers like we should've, and even though SD blitzed to compensate for its weak seconary just like the last two years, our line manned up to keep them from reaching Manning as much as in last years game that left him with tape on BOTH ankles despite the win. Our top five run D shutdown their #4 RB as expected, and Hillman and the line had a good day against a statistically average run D.

TOTALLY called it (though I admit our offensive line overperformed my expectations; should be fun watching them against an even worse run D next week.) But I didn't have to predict 15 games this week.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Jesus.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Post moar Gimpy. You've got style.

In Denver ... against a full strength Broncos .....
    You just CAN NOT TAKE the opponents to win.
    Sorry....

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information